Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So before getting a VIN it makes sense to open the account and do the $25 donation so that as soon as you get the VIN you fill out the application? Or am I missing something?

Do they wire funds directly to Tesla day of delivery?
Wait for the VIN, then once it gets delivered to your delivery center, youll have 3-4 day to pick up car and secure financing.

You can apply now and lock in the rate for 90 days, but you cant move forward with the loan til you get a VIN on your MVPA.

I funded my loan within 48 hours with an emailed copy of the check and tracking number which was what tesla needed.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I think it makes sense to open the checking account (which the $25 is a part of that process) whenever. As I understand it, that creates the account and gives you membership to the credit union. Since I got the text that my car shipped, I'll likely apply for the loan as soon as they enable online access for me. The email I received when I completed account setup stated 1-2 business days after they get the $25 deposit. I'm hoping to hear back today or tomorrow as the funds have already come out of my other account. I don't know how they get the funds to Tesla at the moment. I will follow back up once I've gone through the process. I'll get to get Tesla my down payment as well, but I am going to try to hold off giving Tesla one cent until I get eyes (and hopefully hands) on the car to inspect it.
I would wait for VIN...takes 48 hours to fund an loan account...

Hell, I was wrong expecting some good news with the HOLD/I'M READY last week that would get a better EDD range. My EDD is now changed to OCT-27/DEC-22 from SEP-03/OCT-29. Pardon me fellows but

200w.gif

Oh man, just got Vindicated, 7SAXCBE57NF35XXXX.

Red, 20 inch, Black Int, No FSD, ordered 5/2021.
Picked this bad girl up today.

Overall build was excellent, no issues from my OCD eyes. Odd thing is that the FWD worked perfectly there at delivery but when i got home, both doors didnt open all the way and it was in the open outdoors so put in a ticket.

Car feels faster than my MYP... Didnt know it had insane mode, thought for a second that they might have given me a Plaid for being a tenured Tesla owner..lol

Wait for the VIN, then once it gets delivered to your delivery center, youll have 3-4 day to pick up car and secure financing.

You can apply now and lock in the rate for 90 days, but you cant move forward with the loan til you get a VIN on your MVPA.

I funded my loan within 48 hours with an emailed copy of the check and tracking number which was what tesla needed.
I called EECU today and asked several questions. The 1.99% promotional rate goes away (and with the rate hike will 100% go higher) after August 31st. Before promotional 1.99% it was 2.49%. You can “become a member” before applying for the loan which is really just opening a checking account. Apparently if you directly apply for the loan as your first step you will still have to apply for membership later on so might as will become a member before VIN assignment. Rate lock as part of the loan application (before Aug 31st) is good for 60 days but can be extended another 30, for total of 90 days.

She took time answering questions and said that she is happy to work there, that there are a lot of benefits to membership (auto loan approval for other needs) and that she is happy to work there… and that they work with Tesla quite a bit.

Picked this bad girl up today.

Overall build was excellent, no issues from my OCD eyes. Odd thing is that the FWD worked perfectly there at delivery but when i got home, both doors didnt open all the way and it was in the open outdoors so put in a ticket.

Car feels faster than my MYP... Didnt know it had insane mode, thought for a second that they might have given me a Plaid for being a tenured Tesla owner..lol
Pics or it didn’t happen.

I called EECU today and asked several questions. The 1.99% promotional rate goes away (and with the rate hike will 100% go higher) after August 31st. Before promotional 1.99% it was 2.49%. You can “become a member” before applying for the loan which is really just opening a checking account. Apparently if you directly apply for the loan as your first step you will still have to apply for membership later on so might as will become a member before VIN assignment. Rate lock as part of the loan application (before Aug 31st) is good for 60 days but can be extended another 30, for total of 90 days.

She took time answering questions and said that she is happy to work there, that there are a lot of benefits to membership (auto loan approval for other needs) and that she is happy to work there… and that they work with Tesla quite a bit.
Thanks for this info, those are great rates! I am in NY I wonder if they do loans here as well. I’ll have to check them out.

Got this text from Tesla this morning! Still have a EDD range of 8/8 - 8/12.

On a side note, I was able to open an account on myeecu.org to take advantage of the 1.99 APR. As others have stated, the $25 deposit/donation will get you a membership even if you don't live in the support counties. I'm waiting for the account to open and then I'll be applying of the loan.

I've got my Tesmanian mats delivered so it will be nice to have those at the jump.

Lastly, I'll be installing the wall charger this weekend. Should be a fun journey of cutting out a chunk of drive wall to run the wire to the other side of the garage!
I'm assuming you must be an educator to qualify for membership?

Yep mentioned this in one of my previous posts.

They will be for sure be getting my business as they literally funded my loan in 1.5 days which is pretty nuts.

The 1.99 is a really good rate.
Pics or it didn’t happen.
I was rushing and car is now getting ceramic etc done and will post pics then..

Ugh, this s*ckssss to see. I’m really hoping that that is a temporary change and moves back up for you. Mine still has held stead for sep-nov delivery for like 2 months now at which point I’m probably lucky if it doesn’t move later than that.

On a side note, I really dont think that hold email/notification in itself necesarily means car is coming soon. I got that email and message 8 days ago and no VIN since then, heck no movement of etd. I still think the Etd for you will move up though and prob still slated for August for you, fingers crossed!

Reactions: EV3_ and daftskunk
I think it makes sense to open the checking account (which the $25 is a part of that process) whenever. As I understand it, that creates the account and gives you membership to the credit union. Since I got the text that my car shipped, I'll likely apply for the loan as soon as they enable online access for me. The email I received when I completed account setup stated 1-2 business days after they get the $25 deposit. I'm hoping to hear back today or tomorrow as the funds have already come out of my other account. I don't know how they get the funds to Tesla at the moment. I will follow back up once I've gone through the process. I'll get to get Tesla my down payment as well, but I am going to try to hold off giving Tesla one cent until I get eyes (and hopefully hands) on the car to inspect it.
Did they do a hard pull when you opened your checking/savings account? It says “give EECU permission to obtain a credit report” under “Permission” before submitting the application. I’d like to have the account open now that the Lower bound of my EDD is 2 days away, but want to make they don’t ding my credit before my actual auto loan application.

thanks in advance for any info!

Did she mention any credit pull for opening an account? Saw “give EECU permission to obtain a credit report” just before submitting the application…

Rate lock as part of the loan application (before Aug 31st) is good for 60 days but can be extended another 30, for total of 90 days.
Hold up, does this mean that if you put in the loan application prior to August 31st that you can lock in that rate for up to 60 days after? So if I apply last week of August and get approved, but no VIN yet, they'll let me keep the 1.99% even if I don't get VIN'd till October?

Reactions: mobilesuit818
Hold up, does this mean that if you put in the loan application prior to August 31st that you can lock in that rate for up to 60 days after? So if I apply last week of August and get approved, but no VIN yet, they'll let me keep the 1.99% even if I don't get VIN'd till October?
Yes that is what she told me.

Sorry, I don’t know which states you can apply from. Iirc I said I was out of state but did not specify further.

I don’t think you have to be “in education”.

I would recommend anyone serious about this to call themselves and ask questions directly. I don’t want to mislead anyone.

Reactions: neo1738
I've finally taken delivery!
7 seat blue with cream/walnut 22"

Only issues so far:
- left knob on yoke doesn't push to the right very well, tons of effort
- mic inside car doesn't appear to be working

The tilting screen is awesome!
I will post before/after pictures after my wrap is finished.
Getting matte clear wrap with ceramic coating

Side note, Autopilot is a bit suicidal, especially near construction zones
And saving myself from it trying to kill me counts against my safety score :(
Also it wanted to plow 80mph off an exit loop without turning at one point
Hoping I can get approved for FSD beta, i thought 100k+ was supposed to have it automatically now? or maybe that was just a rumor

I've finally taken delivery!
7 seat blue with cream/walnut 22"

Only issues so far:
- left knob on yoke doesn't push to the right very well, tons of effort
- mic inside car doesn't appear to be working

The tilting screen is awesome!
I will post before/after pictures after my wrap is finished.
Getting matte clear wrap with ceramic coating

Side note, Autopilot is a bit suicidal, especially near construction zones
And saving myself from it trying to kill me counts against my safety score :(
Also it wanted to plow 80mph off an exit loop without turning at one point
Hoping I can get approved for FSD beta, i thought 100k+ was supposed to have it automatically now? or maybe that was just a rumor
Congrats!!! Blue w/ cream sounds like an awesome combo too! When did you order btw?

Reactions: MGreene