Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've finally taken delivery!
7 seat blue with cream/walnut 22"

Only issues so far:
- left knob on yoke doesn't push to the right very well, tons of effort
- mic inside car doesn't appear to be working

The tilting screen is awesome!
I will post before/after pictures after my wrap is finished.
Getting matte clear wrap with ceramic coating

Side note, Autopilot is a bit suicidal, especially near construction zones
And saving myself from it trying to kill me counts against my safety score :(
Also it wanted to plow 80mph off an exit loop without turning at one point
Hoping I can get approved for FSD beta, i thought 100k+ was supposed to have it automatically now? or maybe that was just a rumor
Congrats on delivery. What was the time frame the people gave you on fixing your issues? FSDb still requires safety score for 100 miles and then it is sort of random when they accept new people. There was a big drought of people getting added to beta between ~Dec/Jan and June this year. Supposedly they will be letting everyone in North America into beta by the end of the year if they have purchased it. Maybe there will still be a safety score requirement but there should hopefully be a lot less waiting around confused.

Did they do a hard pull when you opened your checking/savings account? It says “give EECU permission to obtain a credit report” under “Permission” before submitting the application. I’d like to have the account open now that the Lower bound of my EDD is 2 days away, but want to make they don’t ding my credit before my actual auto loan application.

thanks in advance for any info!
They dont pull credit for checking/savings from what im aware of but there is another database they pull from for fraud or collections,.or something like that.

Reactions: liumidsun
I've finally taken delivery!
7 seat blue with cream/walnut 22"

Only issues so far:
- left knob on yoke doesn't push to the right very well, tons of effort
- mic inside car doesn't appear to be working

The tilting screen is awesome!
I will post before/after pictures after my wrap is finished.
Getting matte clear wrap with ceramic coating

Side note, Autopilot is a bit suicidal, especially near construction zones
And saving myself from it trying to kill me counts against my safety score :(
Also it wanted to plow 80mph off an exit loop without turning at one point
Hoping I can get approved for FSD beta, i thought 100k+ was supposed to have it automatically now? or maybe that was just a rumor
What software version was your car on at delivery?

So, I have been super busy I haven't had a chance to post my details of VIN and delivery.
I will give you my timelines and changes of EDD's to possibly help anyone with similar issues and distress from all the changes.

My original order date was 7/2021 for LR Model X Black/black 20 inch no FSD.
Like many of you my EDD was Jan. 2022, then moved to April 2022 and then to the placeholder date of July 2022.
Then in the third week in June I received a VIN to deliver for end of quarter delivery of 6/29/22. It was then delayed to 6/30/22.
Then, I was notified my VIN was cancelled due to car being undeliverable on 6/30/22. My EDD then moved to Dec. 2022- Apr. 2023!

I talked to a service advisor and they informed me that since I had already received a VIN I should not have to wait that long for a new VIN. Then, a few days later it moved to Oct. 5-Dec. 4th 2022. I physically went in and talked to a service advisor and was super nice about it and explained the changes. I also talked on the phone to a service advisor and explained how I had a VIN and then it was taken away. They both said that I "should" get a VIN sooner than Oct. 5- Dec. 4th EDD. I also received the message about placing my order on hold but it was earlier than many of you. My hold happened in the first week that people were reporting it, about 3 weeks ago I believe. I clicked and removed the hold right away. I also called a service advisor and let them know I did not put it on hold as well.
A week later I received a new delivery range of July 19-Aug 9. Then a tighter date of July 23-26 and an ultimate delivery date of July 26th.

My delivery went great! My Model X was fantastic with fit and finish and everything working perfectly! So, being paranoid about issues with the Falcon wing door- I checked them 4 times each side. On the third time the passenger side glitched and didn't close completely. I was able to get the door to glitch for the technician and they put in a work order for it to be repaired. Luckily, after testing the door several times later, it hasn't happened again. Looking closely, the door does have a tight spot that will be fixed in an upcoming appointment. My car looks and rides amazing! Even the PPF/ceramic coating place said my paint and fit and finish looked great! I checked off every single item on the Tesla owners forum checklist and everything checks off as advertised! Thanks Tesla Motors club forum! I think Tesla is doing better with these July 3rd quarter orders!

So, after the long journey I must say the Model X is amazing and totally worth the wait and even the heartache that I know many of you on the forum are experiencing. Hang in there! My advice would be to take the estimated order dates lightly as they will change a lot and not make any sense at all!
I don't know if it helps for sure, but I physically went in to the service center and had the service advisors look my order up and see if they could give me any insight to my order. I also called several times on the phone to check in. I always was super nice like I was ordering from the soup Nazi!

Good luck to you all in getting your orders soon!

You know I did for 3.5 years, but recently kept getting overheat messages and slow charging (16amps vs 32) on my Model 3. Checked connections, they were fine. Kept getting the messages. so I changed the 14-50 out to a Tesla Wall charger. Problem solved, and now charges at 48 amps. I've read the 14-50 outlets can go bad over time.
No problem with mine after 2 years of regular use.

Congrats!!! Blue w/ cream sounds like an awesome combo too! When did you order btw?
Order DateDate DeliveredVIN
2/12/20217/27/20227SAXCAE53NF3XXXX
Congrats on delivery. What was the time frame the people gave you on fixing your issues? FSDb still requires safety score for 100 miles and then it is sort of random when they accept new people. There was a big drought of people getting added to beta between ~Dec/Jan and June this year. Supposedly they will be letting everyone in North America into beta by the end of the year if they have purchased it. Maybe there will still be a safety score requirement but there should hopefully be a lot less waiting around confused.
Im not sure exactly, I think it was 22.14.1 or something like that
I had to update before I could use autopilot to get home
Used Autopilot for 95% of the 400mi drive home

I noticed the issue on the way home, havent put in a service appointment yet. The guy doing the wrap is going over the car for more issues

I think i just got approved for FSD based on the app
will know when I get the car back

Reactions: Kitt9000
I’m picking up my VIN 352 Sat. I had a previous VIN of 353 and I see some 354/5s now. Should I be concerned this was a “reject car” from another potential buyer? Secured insurance, paid, signed the docs already. CarBuyerUSA inspected my 19M3P and said it was flawless. FedEx envelope in transit for my title and such. All happening pretty quickly now!
Delivery date pushed to Weds Aug 3rd (not at the SC yet). CarBuyer revised my trade in down $2k -$53.5k and Tesla offered $47.2 also down $2k. Seems like prices in general for used cars is softening a bit.

Same as before - wait. Unfortunately.
quote-the-idea-of-waiting-for-something-makes-it-more-exciting-andy-warhol-36-45-97.jpg

Reactions: SubtractEm
Decided to get application into MyEECU in now just to lock in the rate. My EDD has been shifting but always within the month of August so have hope within next 90 days I'll eventually take delivery. See how that goes though. But def don't want to pay 5% which is what rates will be tomorrow.
Please provide additional details with MyEECU around your delivery time. Someone posted something about vehicle needing to be titled in California. If they allowed someone in Toledo to become a member I doubt that is the case.

Reactions: 1pinhigh