Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they do a hard pull when you opened your checking/savings account? It says “give EECU permission to obtain a credit report” under “Permission” before submitting the application. I’d like to have the account open now that the Lower bound of my EDD is 2 days away, but want to make they don’t ding my credit before my actual auto loan application.

thanks in advance for any info!
Soft. I had to unlock a a credit card bureau. No hard check.

Please provide additional details with MyEECU around your delivery time. Someone posted something about vehicle needing to be titled in California. If they allowed someone in Toledo to become a member I doubt that is the case.
I did apply myself and got approved, yet the rate is not that 1.99% then they canceled my request after they knew that I don't live in CA!

If we had been given an accurate EDD at the time of order I’d agree, it would be a fun countdown. But every month or two the EDD gets pushed back a month or two. That’s not a recipe for excitement, that’s a recipe for frustration. Nobody in my household is excited about the Model X anymore

I get it, however, the order process, lack of communications, lack of transparency and outright lies with customers has been a complete turn off for me. Pretty sure this is my first and last Tesla. At this stage I have too much invested to walk away, which I'm sure is how many of us are feeling. It's really too bad that they treat customers the way they do as the product is obviously very good. You can see it any day you're out on the road. It's unfortunate that Tesla so over-promised and under-delivered the refreshed X!

When I saw the hold, I called Tesla. I was told they were doing this to figure who actually plans on getting the car. Apparently for the Xes they get a lot of deposits that are later forfeited: “We have to assign VINs as many of seven times before someone takes the vehicle.”.

• Informative
Reactions: blodg1 and EV3_
not the "hold", but did get form email from my local service center overnight stating that I am due for end of quarter delivery, need to take within 3 days, yada yada yada. App says my current EDD window is 9/10 to 10/22. I did respond that I can be flexible on taking delivery except for the week of Sept 11, when I have a full week trip for my company's annual meeting that I just can't miss. We'll see if/how they engage on that.

Any other thoughts from anyone on this? Anyone getting similar communications?

I called EECU today and asked several questions. The 1.99% promotional rate goes away (and with the rate hike will 100% go higher) after August 31st. Before promotional 1.99% it was 2.49%. You can “become a member” before applying for the loan which is really just opening a checking account. Apparently if you directly apply for the loan as your first step you will still have to apply for membership later on so might as will become a member before VIN assignment. Rate lock as part of the loan application (before Aug 31st) is good for 60 days but can be extended another 30, for total of 90 days.

She took time answering questions and said that she is happy to work there, that there are a lot of benefits to membership (auto loan approval for other needs) and that she is happy to work there… and that they work with Tesla quite a bit.

Yeah def will. Crossing fingers.
I will also be patiently waiting to see how it goes. The membership requirements seem to be fairly well defined. From what I see none of the requirements would apply to me. That's a great rate and working with Tesla is a definite plus.