Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3-14-22 Plaid ordered, details in sig.
7-21 VIN'd 3547XX. Was told car was also built this day.
7-28 Delivery appointment made for 8-5 in afternoon. I was given 8-5, 8-6, or 8-8 as possible pickup days.

Tesla offered me a paltry $42,300 for my '18 Performance 3 trade in which has an average going price of ~$55k according to for sale ads I've seen.

Local service center in Tulsa said that if I could find a one way rental to KC where I'm picking up my X that they would reimburse me.

2 things

1) Build sheets and SA have been saying matrix lights for months, look back about March on this thread you'll see same convo then people get there and standard old headlights.

2) MyEECU denied due to out of state location. Don't bother unfortunately.
Did you apply for a loan or an account. I’m out of state and I successfully was able to create an account. We will see about the loan I guess.

Changed color from black to MSM and my EDD went from specific dates to generic Aug-Oct 2022 🤣. I have changed colors 15+ times and it never changed my EDD before now.

Attachments

• 7B4CCA6A-A234-40B6-A74E-79064EB62C64.png
    7B4CCA6A-A234-40B6-A74E-79064EB62C64.png
    606.4 KB · Views: 72
I called Tesla sales (888-518-3752) then I think my zip code for Jacksonville, FL and ended up talking to a lady in Orlando. I asked her twice and she confirmed. But again who knows if she is correct till I get to see the car. To me it's not a show stopper if it doesn't.
Do you mind sharing your OOD and build? I’m in Jax also and waiting on 2 orders; MXP and MXLR. Both W/W, 6 seater, FSD, 22. 5/25/21 for MXLR and 04/17/22 for MXP. EDD shows 08/03 and 08/11 for both. It’s changed a lot

Wow are you serious?! That may mean some of us need to delay delivery to ensure we get them too!
Would you honestly want to delay your delivery just to get these headlights? I feel like everybody on this forum has built up the Matrix Headlights to be something incredible because we have nothing better to do 😅

Called the 888 number today and spoke to Justin, and although not the biggest compliment, he was easily the most friendly and informative person I have spoken to in the 3-4 times I have called. I still have an Oct 8 - Dec 3 EDD, and he indicated that was a fair bet, if not sooner. He tried to generalize it as a fall delivery and that production speed has really increased. He assured me they would work with me more than normal if I needed more time to retrieve the car if I was out of town. Also said I would definitely have the mobile charger, but he was not sure about the key fobs. Seemed as if I made a big enough stink they would provide them, but I think I can live without them and the mobile charge is certainly more valuable. I talked about the concern of receiving a car someone else rejected and was told that anything other than a minor repair (ex: paint less dent repair), those cars would not be re-matched to someone else but instead would be listed for sale and discounted appropriately based on what was done to the car. He also stated that if I had to reject a car it would not be akin to placing my order on hold a second time.

FWIW to the other still waiting…

Called the 888 number today and spoke to Justin, and although not the biggest compliment, he was easily the most friendly and informative person I have spoken to in the 3-4 times I have called. I still have an Oct 8 - Dec 3 EDD, and he indicated that was a fair bet, if not sooner. He tried to generalize it as a fall delivery and that production speed has really increased. He assured me they would work with me more than normal if I needed more time to retrieve the car if I was out of town. Also said I would definitely have the mobile charger, but he was not sure about the key fobs. Seemed as if I made a big enough stink they would provide them, but I think I can live without them and the mobile charge is certainly more valuable. I talked about the concern of receiving a car someone else rejected and was told that anything other than a minor repair (ex: paint less dent repair), those cars would not be re-matched to someone else but instead would be listed for sale and discounted appropriately based on what was done to the car. He also stated that if I had to reject a car it would not be akin to placing my order on hold a second time.

I may contact my SA and say I don’t need the mobile charger but I really want two key fobs.

My vin is 351xxx and I’m supposed to pick up on Sunday. LR/6/blue/white/20. Any concern that this was a rejected eoq car or does it seem likely to have been built after July 1? I’m having trouble finding any info as it seems most bins and recent deliveries posted here are later vins. I’m in south Florida. Thanks.

Reactions: snappy1

That is nice to hear but I would be very curious if they would really work with you in regard to pick up the car if you happen to be out of town when it comes. I’ll have to ask the Mt Kisco SC if they will work with me since my EDD is when I’m out of the country 🥲

My vin is 351xxx and I’m supposed to pick up on Sunday. LR/6/blue/white/20. Any concern that this was a rejected eoq car or does it seem likely to have been built after July 1? I’m having trouble finding any info as it seems most bins and recent deliveries posted here are later vins. I’m in south Florida. Thanks.
You could enter the full VIN at this site and see if it gives you any insight on the build date (although this site might be better for VINs with some age on them). Another option is to call Tesla and ask for the date.

Last edited: