Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progressive insurance come in the lowest.

$978 for 6 months.

250k/500k liability with 500 ded on comp 50 on glass and 1000 on collision.

We currently have geico and they are quoting $1700/ 6 months.
did a quote also with statefarm and they coming back $2k over / 6 months
PSA: I would up your rental car coverage to $125 per day, youll thank me later.

Also that most authorized Tesla repair shops and Tesla itself will not take State Farm, without client agreeing to pay the delta...YMMV.

Tesla insurance FTW.

I got a response from Tesla for preferred lenders, and they don't rate match any longer.

Chase/BofA/Wells Fargo are 4.24% currently as Tesla's partner banks. DCU is 2.99% for 65 months if you max out their discounts (EV, checking with direct deposit), and 3.99% for 72 months with maxed out discounts.

Every time I enter the expiration date of my auto policy, the field in the android app just stays red and says "Expiration date must be present". No matter how many times I enter it through the popup, it just continues to be blank with that error message. Anyone else see this?

Never mind, you actually have to click Done. Strange.
Had to google and find your post before I could figure out how to get the blasted date to stick. Horrible UI.

Local service center in Tulsa said that if I could find a one way rental to KC where I'm picking up my X that they would reimburse me.

To follow up on this in case anyone has to rent a one way with Enterprise, here's my experience so far::
  • I went to Enterprise's website and did a generic City to City search but it came up empty, even picking up from the TUL airport didn't help.
  • I called up Enterprise to talk to a CSR and they couldn't help me at all, she was having the same difficulty I had.
  • I went to Travelocity's website and somehow they were able to show availability, go figure. I saw that they had TUL Airport to a "KC City Center" as the results though, and had a small charge depending on how far away from the City Center that I dropped off the car.
  • I went BACK to Enterprise and if I put in a specific location in KC, the Enterprise right next to, within walking distance of the showroom, it worked.
So crappy web search design / user input error. I snagged a 1 way rental for $163. The one way charge was actually more than the day use rate, oof. SA says the KC center will reimburse me once I show an invoice. Pessimistic me, I can already see this being a he said she said I don't know what you're talking about deal but eh, even if I'm out $163, who cares.

Thought about bringing up my Model 3 with us and just stop at the Joplin super charger both ways but I want the better half to be in the X with me on the way home instead of tailing me in the 3.

Just called Tesla to change payment from cash to financing, and got some more details on the car - it was built on 7/19, and is already in transit to Dallas!
Nice! I scheduled my delivery to be Aug 6 in Plano SC. Apparently the truck gets in Aug 1. I bet your car is on that same truck as mine.
Progressive insurance come in the lowest.

$978 for 6 months.

250k/500k liability with 500 ded on comp 50 on glass and 1000 on collision.

We currently have geico and they are quoting $1700/ 6 months.
did a quote also with statefarm and they coming back $2k over / 6 months
Here in TX our premium (500 deductible comprehensive) is only $660/6 mo for the X, $1200/6 mo with our M3. Even Tesla Insurance was $270 a month for both cars.

Reactions: kriskros91
I got a response from Tesla for preferred lenders, and they don't rate match any longer.

Chase/BofA/Wells Fargo are 4.24% currently as Tesla's partner banks. DCU is 2.99% for 65 months if you max out their discounts (EV, checking with direct deposit), and 3.99% for 72 months with maxed out discounts.
Just got approved by BMO Harris Bank through Tesla earlier this morning, 4.24%. Haven't heard of this bank before. DCU rejected my application to open an account without telling me why...

Reactions: jkhanesq
Nice! I scheduled my delivery to be Aug 6 in Plano SC. Apparently the truck gets in Aug 1. I bet your car is on that same truck as mine.

Here in TX our premium (500 deductible comprehensive) is only $660/6 mo for the X, $1200/6 mo with our M3. Even Tesla Insurance was $270 a month for both cars.
Nice thanks for the info! Wanted to drop by and ask some questions this afternoon but not sure if I should now that I know it won't get here until 8/1.

My M3 is $100 per month with $250 collision deductible and $0 comprehensive deductible from State Farm, and got a quote for around $150 per month with the same coverage for the MX.

My EDD is 8/22 - 9/26 (Blue/White Plaid, 20s, no FSD or EAP, order date 5/22/22) and I called the 888 number to get an update. They were more helpful than the SA at the SC I visited, but didn't provide many more details than the EDD. He did say my delivery was likely to be on the earlier end of my EDD.
What’s the 888 number? I think I have the worst plaid EDD in the US.