Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I scheduled my delivery to be Aug 6 in Plano SC. Apparently the truck gets in Aug 1. I bet your car is on that same truck as mine.

Here in TX our premium (500 deductible comprehensive) is only $660/6 mo for the X, $1200/6 mo with our M3. Even Tesla Insurance was $270 a month for both cars.
How on earth is your M3 premium double that of your MX premium? Or am I misreading?

Nvm, think I misread - you're saying it's $1200/6 months with both vehicles included. I'm a moron.

Slick video, these wheels are 🔥
Not a huge fan of multi split spoke and the black on black just gets lost on the X but cot dam I need that X stance in my life!

Crazy that just lowering links is all that's required. And well a second mortgage on backup tires. I need to educate myself on all that's needed to properly lower an X. I love how much more "car" like it gets when it's slammed like that.

(888) 518-3752

They’ll ask for your zip and RN
I finally gave in and just called as well - the gentleman was very friendly and put me on hold to look up my details. He indicated that he saw I had just actioned on the "I'm ready" prompt a few days ago and said it can take a few days for the system to kick out an updated EDD once you action the account hold thing. He also said my current EDD (Dec 2022-April 2023) is a placeholder EDD and it should update soon, and also said (take this with a grain of salt) that they're doing a big delivery push from mid-August onward and that it's "likely" I'll get a vehicle during that time. Overall, I learned nothing of value. It's no secret there's a push in the timeframe he mentioned, considering it coincides with EOQ. 🤣 At least he was nice...I guess.

Reactions: Elixir
I finally gave in and just called as well - the gentleman was very friendly and put me on hold to look up my details. He indicated that he saw I had just actioned on the "I'm ready" prompt a few days ago and said it can take a few days for the system to kick out an updated EDD once you action the account hold thing. He also said my current EDD (Dec 2022-April 2023) is a placeholder EDD and it should update soon, and also said (take this with a grain of salt) that they're doing a big delivery push from mid-August onward and that it's "likely" I'll get a vehicle during that time. Overall, I learned nothing of value. It's no secret there's a push in the timeframe he mentioned, considering it coincides with EOQ. 🤣 At least he was nice...I guess.
I got the hold email on July 21st, confirmed literally within a minute of receipt and my EDD didn't change at all :(. I hope you get your car very soon!

With my delivery pending I’ve talked to the people at the local Tesla center where I’m picking up. I did ask via email about the fobs and this is what I got. Not new news, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a but irritated.

“We do not have a way to guarantee your Model X will have the key fobs at delivery. The fobs are still being phased out so there may be a chance yours does have them when it arrives and a chance it does not. If it does not you can purchase them on the website to be sent to your home. Once you receive them it is super easy to pair them to your Model X just like your phone key. It's much better than in the past when they had to be coded to your car by our service team. There is a video in the shop link I am including here.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-x-key-fob
“

• Love
Reactions: Elixir
I ordered 2/12/21
EDD dec 4- Feb 12
Any chance I get bumped up?
It is extremely odd that your EDD is that late. Do you have your RN (last digits removed) and other info (wheel size, seat config)? Since you are west coast, the most likely months for deliveries will be Sept and Dec (end of quarter months), but they do seem to be getting scattered deliveries here and there.

Edit: Based on our spreadsheet about 82% of vehicles from Feb '21 have VINs or have been delivered. However, some of that remaining 18% is likely people who cancelled their order or forgot to update the spreadsheet, so actual percentage is probably a bit higher.

Last edited:
Called Tesla just now after going from Aug-Oct to Nov-Jan for a plaid. Said he is seeing a lot of orders get pushed out that far, that it should get pulled forward. I asked if color changes will affect the EDD and he said no. I asked if I cancelled my order and re-ordered (since it currently says Aug-Oct) if that would help. He said that would make it worse. Lol.

It is extremely odd that your EDD is that late. Do you have your RN (last digits removed) and other info (wheel size, seat config)? Since you are west coast, the most likely months for deliveries will be Sept and Dec (end of quarter months), but they do seem to be getting scattered deliveries here and there.

Edit: Based on our spreadsheet about 82% of vehicles from Feb '21 have VINs or have been delivered. However, some of that remaining 18% is likely people who cancelled their order or forgot to update the spreadsheet, so actual percentage is probably a bit higher.
Wow! What’s going on with my order? Should I call them? RN116517xxx

LR white on white/ 6 seater/ FSD/ 20” wheels

Attachments

• A3C5EF9E-EFEC-47C4-BD5D-54325E8547BE.jpeg
    A3C5EF9E-EFEC-47C4-BD5D-54325E8547BE.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 116