Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you. Day 453, EDD recently pushed back to Aug 22 to Oct 3. Still a wide window so nothing appears to be happening soon. Happy for the others getting theirs but hoping I don't have to break the 500-day mark like a few others have....
  1. Received the call about trade in well over a month ago, that resulted in no immediate evidence of a VIN arriving
  2. Received the "place your order on hold" and then told them I am ready, that resulted in no immediate evidence of a VIN arriving
  3. Have never changed my order, that resulted in no expediting of a VIN arriving
  4. Have FSD since day one, that resulted in no expediting of a VIN arriving
  5. I have been within 30 days of day one of my EDD since May 23rd (which is another way of saying it keeps shifting right as day one arrives)
  6. My EDD windows were as small as 18 days at the end of the quarter, which was promising, but now back to six weeks.
So, patiently waiting for a VIN.
My situation is almost identical EXCEPT we are on opposite coasts (you are in Washington State - I am in Virginia), so, perhaps, that does provide a useful comparison to others - the difference that distance may make in the EDD equation.

We both ordered LR, Midnight Silver, 20", Cream, 5-Seats, FSD. Same-Same.
You ordered May 2, 2021. I ordered May 6, 2021. Order #RN11489xxxx. Same-Same.
Following your sequence of events:
1. I got the trade-in inquiry via the app on July 26th (no human called). I quickly responded with photos, etc. Today, July 30th, I and got a low-ball quote of $27,400 for a 2015 Model S D70 with 72,000 miles (about $10,000 below local offers from the usual sources and what Edmunds and NADA reported).
2. I received the "order on hold" via the app on July 18th, with follow-up email on July 19th. I confirmed order on July 19th via the app and also visited the local store to confirm in person. No VIN yet received.
3. Like you, I have never altered my order in any way.
4. Like you, I have had FSD since day one - no effect on EDD or VIN.
5. Since late May, I have also been within 30 days of the then current EDD, but when the date approaches, I get further push back.
6. Your EDD had been as small as 18 days, but now back to six weeks. With all of these other things being equal, the exception being our respective bi-coastal locations, on July 28th, my EDD was changed from August 5-August 25 to August 15-September 5, and today, July 30th, my EDD was changed to August 13-September 2. So the most recent 3 windows have stayed 20-21 days.

Still no VIN. Sorry for the length of this post, but this was a unique opportunity to compare.

My situation is almost identical EXCEPT we are on opposite coasts (you are in Washington State - I am in Virginia), so, perhaps, that does provide a useful comparison to others - the difference that distance may make in the EDD equation.

We both ordered LR, Midnight Silver, 20", Cream, 5-Seats, FSD. Same-Same.
You ordered May 2, 2021. I ordered May 6, 2021. Order #RN11489xxxx. Same-Same.
Following your sequence of events:
1. I got the trade-in inquiry via the app on July 26th (no human called). I quickly responded with photos, etc. Today, July 30th, I and got a low-ball quote of $27,400 for a 2015 Model S D70 with 72,000 miles (about $10,000 below local offers from the usual sources and what Edmunds and NADA reported).
2. I received the "order on hold" via the app on July 18th, with follow-up email on July 19th. I confirmed order on July 19th via the app and also visited the local store to confirm in person. No VIN yet received.
3. Like you, I have never altered my order in any way.
4. Like you, I have had FSD since day one - no effect on EDD or VIN.
5. Since late May, I have also been within 30 days of the then current EDD, but when the date approaches, I get further push back.
6. Your EDD had been as small as 18 days, but now back to six weeks. With all of these other things being equal, the exception being our respective bi-coastal locations, on July 28th, my EDD was changed from August 5-August 25 to August 15-September 5, and today, July 30th, my EDD was changed to August 13-September 2. So the most recent 3 windows have stayed 20-21 days.

Still no VIN. Sorry for the length of this post, but this was a unique opportunity to compare.
I wonder 5 seaters are getting pushed back?

Model X Refresh. Day 547. Took delivery!

She’s fantastic. Went through the checklist and they were very patient with me. No issues so far, except gaps in the trunk. I have pics and will schedule service for that,

Just drove about 150 km (90 miles) mostly on highways, got things calibrated, premium connectivity set up (the first year is free) and am just now updating the software. No issues with the yoke, and could barely see the yoke worm.

tilt screen—yes
new charge port—yes
matrix—no
fobs—no
mats—yes

Call Me: One Happy Guy!!

Attachments

• D62E5C32-33BC-4520-A9FD-A6CACF1A437B.jpeg
    D62E5C32-33BC-4520-A9FD-A6CACF1A437B.jpeg
    917.4 KB · Views: 141
Something wierd happened with my European Tesla account today, there became active questions about insurance, drivers licence, delivery adress etc, still no EDD, VIN or anything.

Most irritating was "proof of insurance" even if no car, no VIN, car for sure is not even manufactured and "your payment is expired" even without any glue about anything to do with the car except reservation number.

i sended Tesla Suomi questions about what kind of action they wait from me to be proceeded.
I have questions of delivery placering, adress and owner for my reservation in Sweden.
May be delivery this year?

THEY'VE GONE TO PLAID!

We took delivery of our MXP a day early on the afternoon of 27 July 2022. Now, all I have to say to the rest of you wanting my impression is...

SO LONG, SUCKERS!

Jk. I need to go back to page 1920 to see what I've missed the past few days. Spreadsheet updated.

The San Antonio team was fantastic as usual. This is the third Tesla the San Antonio folks have delivered to us since September 2021, and these folks should be the role models for customer satisfaction & professionalism. The MXP was beautifully prepared for delivery. I think it looks really good. Very solid. Truly, a beast.

As expected, the car came with no fobs, but did include the charger, HomeLink, swivel-screen, and a Tesla USB stick. I can also confirm it does, indeed, have headlights.

We noted a few issues you'll see in some of the pictures, and Tesla has committed to correcting everything (except the driver, ha) at our service appointment.

Turning over the 2021 MYLR on trade was a cinch—factory reset, snatch the plates, and done. Thank you, Mr. Musk.

After we got the MXP home we limited driving until we could get the DIY PPF (Drive Protected Shop) on the hood, fenders, front bumper and front spoiler. Many thanks to my 13-y-o swimmer-son Daniel for the assistance. Then it was off to Discount Tire for certificates and maintenance agreements. All complete.

As you can probably tell from my grin in the pictures, I'm really happy with this car and the delivery. I appreciate the helpful posts here while waiting.

For those still waiting... hang in there.

Blessings!

Attachments

• IMG_5094.jpeg
    IMG_5094.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5095.jpeg
    IMG_5095.jpeg
    619.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5107.jpeg
    IMG_5107.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5097.jpeg
    IMG_5097.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5102.jpeg
    IMG_5102.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5087.jpeg
    IMG_5087.jpeg
    884.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
THEY'VE GONE TO PLAID!

We took delivery of our MXP a day early on the afternoon of 27 July 2022. Now, all I have to say to the rest of you wanting my impression is...

SO LONG, SUCKERS!

Jk. I need to go back to page 1920 to see what I've missed the past few days. Spreadsheet updated.

The San Antonio team was fantastic as usual. This is the third Tesla the San Antonio folks have delivered to us since September 2021, and these folks should be the role models for customer satisfaction & professionalism. The MXP was beautifully prepared for delivery. I think it looks really good. Very solid. Truly, a beast.

As expected, the car came with no fobs, but did include the charger, HomeLink, swivel-screen, and a Tesla USB stick. I can also confirm it does, indeed, have headlights.

We noted a few issues you'll see in some of the pictures, and Tesla has committed to correcting everything (except the driver, ha) at our service appointment.

Turning over the 2021 MYLR on trade was a cinch—factory reset, snatch the plates, and done. Thank you, Mr. Musk.

After we got the MXP home we limited driving until we could get the DIY PPF (Drive Protected Shop) on the hood, fenders, front bumper and front spoiler. Many thanks to my 13-y-o swimmer-son Daniel for the assistance. Then it was off to Discount Tire for certificates and maintenance agreements. All complete.

As you can probably tell from my grin in the pictures, I'm really happy with this car and the delivery. I appreciate the helpful posts here while waiting.

For those still waiting... hang in there.

Blessings!
This is an excellent update, appreciate your photos and experience.

• Informative
Reactions: bobusn
The real benefit of matrix headlights is not having to sacrifice the visibility/illumination of high beams when a car is approaching you from the opposite direction and/or you're behind another vehicle (attached image demonstrates both scenarios). A good parallel is OLED TVs - they can produce such deep blacks because OLEDs have the ability to turn individual pixels on and off, and this is similar to how matrix headlights work.

However, I think the hype around matrix headlights has grown to the point where people think they're life changing technology, when in reality they're very cool and a definite step forward. But I wouldn't delay a delivery in hopes of getting them (just my $0.02, of course).

Edit: To add, you may not notice a difference because until earlier this year, they weren't legal in the US and presumably Tesla will have to ship the software update necessary to use the matrix headlight hardware so unless they've done that, they're (I assume) still just functioning like traditional LED headlights.

View attachment 834240
Great explanation. Thanks!

Reactions: daftskunk

She’s fantastic. Went through the checklist and they were very patient with me. No issues so far, except gaps in the trunk. I have pics and will schedule service for that,

Just drove about 150 km (90 miles) mostly on highways, got things calibrated, premium connectivity set up (the first year is free) and am just now updating the software. No issues with the yoke, and could barely see the yoke worm.

tilt screen—yes
new charge port—yes
matrix—no
fobs—no
mats—yes

What was your vin?

I have a new set of 20 inch factory tire and wheels from my 2018 X stored in Bainbridge Island WA if anyone is interested. I’ll unload them cheaply. I also have 2018 max spider 6 seat full
Set of mats to unload if anyone needs those. Lightly used great shape. Do the 20 inch wheels still fit on a refresh X just curious?

Also a question on the new refresh 22s….Seattle area are all season and not a summer tire, correct?

Thanks in advance.

tilt screen—yes
new charge port—yes
matrix—no
fobs—no
mats—yes

I was really hoping the black headliner was a website glitch....I have an 18 X and it's creme and I love that. I'll have to start investigating a custom solution probably...