Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, today is August 1st, and my EDD stays stuck on Aug 1 - Aug 22
I'm getting antsy, to say the least. I'm fully expecting Tesla to push back my EDD window.

How often do they get to the start of the EDD without any update to the window?
I’m 8/2-8/21 and same boat. Just nervously refreshing hourly hoping for a VIN and no date range change. Selling my current model 3 this week so really hoping I’m not screwing myself.

Reactions: Elixir
True but ease of use with fob is unbeatable. Don’t have to be looking at a screen or when you are carrying stuff. I will definitely buy one but not having one come with the vehicle is a bummer
If Mt Kisco doesn’t give me one when I pick up next week I will also be placing an order. Call me old school, but I’m 30 and hate phone key on my Model Y. I just never bought a fob for my Model Y because I didn’t think I’d be waiting for my MX for this long 😂🥲🤣. I’ll take a key fob over phone key any day. They should just be asking customers if they will use/want one to come with the car. If you want one great you get one and if you don’t great you don’t get one. Why does it have to be so difficult?

Just scheduled my delivery for this Thursday! At my local delivery center right now checking the car out. Are the gaps and alignment look okay to you guys?

Still here trying to solve a negative balance due issue and see if I can have my delivery moved up.

Attachments

• F5A6DF8F-0356-4C6D-A1C1-FDBF6AA2FE29.jpeg
    F5A6DF8F-0356-4C6D-A1C1-FDBF6AA2FE29.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 787E6024-FD91-4BB4-B4D5-689286DAD068.jpeg
    787E6024-FD91-4BB4-B4D5-689286DAD068.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 82
  • A94C54D4-51B5-49E6-8D3A-A73507F323BD.jpeg
    A94C54D4-51B5-49E6-8D3A-A73507F323BD.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: jkhanesq
That fender not being a uniform gap (bigger at the left than on the right) would sorta bug me.

I think we're being ultra OCD picky on photographs, that the photographs magnify the issues and in real life they really aren't that big of an eye sore. /Shrug

With that said anyone in the KC area wanna scout out the Tesla center and see if my Blue/White/20s Plaid has arrived yet and take pics? 🤪I'm picking up this Friday. 🥳

I need to get on the horn with a SA and make sure they laid eye balls on my car and that the PDI is done done before I spend the 4+ hour drive there.

Reactions: bmah and Elixir
Sure would be nice if we could get that spec sheet in writing. Use it as ammo that our car is not as listed once the matrix finally start rolling out so we could maybe get a retrofit.

Kinda like how on the training videos they list the key fobs as implied that you'd get them with the car.

Bleh
My question is how much would it cost? If the existing headlights are ~$2500 per unit, how much would the Matrix be? I would consider it if the originals started having trouble, but certainly not just to change it up - at least, I'm not convinced there's enough of a difference to shell out +$5K on headlights.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
If Mt Kisco doesn’t give me one when I pick up next week I will also be placing an order. Call me old school, but I’m 30 and hate phone key on my Model Y. I just never bought a fob for my Model Y because I didn’t think I’d be waiting for my MX for this long 😂🥲🤣. I’ll take a key fob over phone key any day. They should just be asking customers if they will use/want one to come with the car. If you want one great you get one and if you don’t great you don’t get one. Why does it have to be so difficult?
And just to post a counter point, I love the phone key and wished all cars have it. I am glad I don't have to carry yet another thing in my pocket.

Europe
In Sweden some reservations holders for X Plaid have received questions on their account for ordered car.
Delivery address that in most cases give closest SC.
If you have a trade-in and who will be the owner.
Even in Finland there have been some news.

Are there reservation holders for X in other countries in Europe that have questions on their account?

Could these mean that we get a Refreshed X these year?

Sometime today our accounts are back as before:
“As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.”
Some one kidding or a mistake or what?

Last edited:
Finally got an update to my edd after 2+ months of no movement. Now Sep 16th - Oct 28th from the one prior Sep 15th - Nov 10th. Making progress and not to jinx, and I’m glad to see their estimates are getting more and more on point seeing some of the edds and VIN dates others are getting.
I’ve got the same exact EDD now. Shrunk from a nearly 3 month window

Attachments

• D70CE7A9-D6BB-4936-AEA8-7C4E8D55AFFE.jpeg
    D70CE7A9-D6BB-4936-AEA8-7C4E8D55AFFE.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 87
Europe
In Sweden some reservations holders for X Plaid have received questions on their account for ordered car.
Delivery address that in most cases give closest SC.
If you have a trade-in and who will be the owner.
Even in Finland there have been some news.

Are there reservation holders for X in other countries in Europe that have questions on their account?

Could these mean that we get a Refreshed X these year?

Sometime today our accounts are back as before:
“As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.”
Some one kidding or a mistake or what?
Looks like a mistake. Yesterday I could answer the questions and today the page went back to the old view :(

• Informative
Reactions: neo1738
Whoever designed the rear entertainment system to not be remotely controllable from the front screen obviously doesn't have kids! My kid is strapped into a car seat, he can't reach the screen to enable various entertainment options. This feels like a glaring oversight and I can't believe that it hasn't been addressed yet. Also, they need an option for bluetooth headphones for rear entertainment. My 2017 Yukon has a factory Blu Ray player and headphones so the kids can watch their movie in the back while I listen to my own music. If GM figured it out five years ago it's a little odd that Tesla can't
COMPLETELY agree with you. I have had my X for about a month now and let's count how many times my 2 year old threw a fit because the youtube video I played for him has finished and I can't do anything while driving...hmmmm.....I used up all my fingers and toes. Can someone lend me theirs so I can continue counting???

I know this is a quality problem, but I want to see how others are dealing with an issue. I ordered in early June 2021. Now that I have been Vinned I need to add the vehicle to my insurance to upload proof of coverage. I will be paying $123,821.87. If I ordered the same car today (i.e., all of the same options), it would cost $158,810.87. I do want full replacement coverage so I need to over-insure the car. My broker has been asking a bunch of questions and looking for info about the price difference (he is being helpful - but I suspect that someone paying $34,989 less than the present market is not a common issue he faces).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Thanks,

Sutes

• Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
Spent time on the phone with Tesla. They could be lying through their teeth but the person helping me said that they finally have the X line moving in the right direction. The cars are being produced at a decent clip and he said my car is slotted for delivery in the next six weeks. My EDD is 08/28 to 10/02. Not sure if he is pulling my leg or trying to get me off the phone. He said the EDD’s are a lot more reliable now. I asked him why my order hasn’t been put on hold like others and he said it’s because I’m within the window…. Not sure I believe this but sharing fwiw.

OOD 10/21 Red/ 7 / cream / 22/ MXLR / FSD

Reactions: timberlights
After receiving a VIN this past Saturday, got a text this morning that the car has left the factory and is transit to my delivery center. I’m located on the east coast in Northern VA. Any idea how long the transit time will take approximately?
I got the same text. I’m located in North Carolina. I spoke to Tesla today and they estimated two weeks.

Reactions: Earthbound