Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brilliant. In layman’s terms, I see it as 1.25 hours slower charge time for a zero -full charge. Night time home charging, plus averaging 40-80% charge over night. Will I really miss the extra charging rate? Curious.
Will you miss the 8a? Doubtful. Will it bug you knowing you left a few amps on the table, probably.

What's your daily commute? How far is the receptacle to your breaker? Surface conduit or in wall? I.e. how much of a PITA is it gonna be for the contractor to correct his run? What did you ask for originally? Was it a case of miscommunication?

I'm ~60 miles daily driving and I charge at home from 40% to 80% on my 310wh/mi Model 3 and I'm done in a couple hours @ 48a. Heck even NEMA 6-20 (3,840w, 16a x 240v) would suffice @ 7 hours to charge for my use case. The wh/mi will be more around 340 in the heavier X however. There have only be a handful of times where we've been out and about all day and then have to run back into town at night where I was grateful I could get 10% charge in 30 min on 48a, the battery would have still been fine, just dipped into the 10-20% range.

• Informative
Reactions: jkhanesq
Just got VIN'd: 7SAXCBE68NF353xxx.

Can't tell if the vehicle has rolled off the line yet or not / the VIN is not yet recognized by the Tesla Factory Build Date site.

Ordered: May 20, 2022 - Refresh MXP, White/Black, 6 seat, 20", No FSD.
EDDs: Aug-Oct '22 -> Aug 18-Oct 13 -> Jun 18-Jul 4 -> EOQ older VIN assigned / rejected -> Aug 12-Sep 23 -> Aug 20-Sep 24

I'm having trouble accessing the form to input this info into the spreadsheet. Much appreciated if someone else could do so when have the chance.
Picked up my MXP a few hours ago. Like many, I was nervous about what I might find in terms of build quality, imperfections, mechanical / technical issues, etc. I also was concerned about what the interaction would be like with the SA given some experiences described in this forum. Well, I couldn't be happier (and more relieved) on both fronts.

Taking the second one first, the SA (in Pittsburgh / Wexford location) could not have been more friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and accommodating. When I arrived for my scheduled appointment, the vehicle was still be detailed. I took that time to review the paper docs I would be required to sign, but when I told the SA that I wanted to inspect the vehicle before signing anything, he responded that would not be a problem. When the detail was complete, I was given complete access to the vehicle - outside, inside, screen / technology - and, with the help of the handy checklist (thanks to all who contributed to that) I looked over the car for about 45 minutes on my own (the SA come out twice just to see if I had any questions) and then the SA spent about another 30 minutes with me in the vehicle going over various features and helping me enable certain settings. Again, I couldn't have asked for more in terms of my delivery experience.

The vehicle - at least to my eye - looked really good. Yes, there are a few places where the gaps are slightly wider than in others, and the top / back of the FWDs don't line up precisely with the back roof, but they open and close well, seem to seal fine, and I did not notice any unexpected sound coming from them when driving. Fortunately, there were no scratches, dings, chips, etc. that I noticed. As for the inside, it was spotless and no serious issues that I noticed. There is a faint S on the center of the yoke, but I expected that and not sure I would have even noticed or thought twice about it had it not been pointed out by others. No issues with the seats / upholstery, which are very comfortable. Love the panoramic windshield and the tilt screen, which I immediately turned to the driver's side making it easier to see and much easier to access things on the right side. Ride was very smooth ride (on Chill, wasn't ready for anything more exhilarating), quiet, sound system was excellent, as was the voice command, which came in handy when I couldn't figure out where the buttons were for the air conditioning (it is 90 here today) and so I pressed the easy to access microphone button on the yoke, said "turn on air conditioning" and voila!!! Love the yoke. Wide turns may take a little getting used to, but I found it to be comfortable and also provide a very stable feel. After getting home, I went through each item on the screen for setup, all of which was very intuitive. I received a charger and a hitch, but no fobs. SA said they had a few older ones, but that they wouldn't work with refreshed X. I plan to just use phone key initially and see how I like it. Used the plaid payment system, which was seamless. Tires are all-weather Continentals, which is good for my climate.

Only biggest "issue" at this time is that I have a smallish garage and the FWDs and trunk cannot go very high (all sensors working well) - so the kids will need to do some ducking / twisting to enter / exit, and we'll need to watch our heads when unloading stuff from the trunk.

Also, Homelink recognizes my garage door opener - it indicates that a connection was established - but when I push the HL button on screen I see a brief indicator that looks like a signal is being sent, but nothing happens. I did as someone suggested - drive away and come back and try again - but that didn't work. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Still lots to figure out and play around with, but what an awesome machine - unlike anything I've experienced. For those who live within an acceptable driving distance from Pittsburgh, I highly recommended the Wexford location, based on my experience.

Will you miss the 8a? Doubtful. Will it bug you knowing you left a few amps on the table, probably.

What's your daily commute? How far is the receptacle to your breaker? Surface conduit or in wall? I.e. how much of a PITA is it gonna be for the contractor to correct his run? What did you ask for originally? Was it a case of miscommunication?

I'm ~60 miles daily driving and I charge at home from 40% to 80% on my 310wh/mi Model 3 and I'm done in a couple hours @ 48a. Heck even NEMA 6-20 (3,840w, 16a x 240v) would suffice @ 7 hours to charge for my use case. The wh/mi will be more around 340 in the heavier X however. There have only be a handful of times where we've been out and about all day and then have to run back into town at night where I was grateful I could get 10% charge in 30 min on 48a, the battery would have still been fine, just dipped into the 10-20% range.

Very informative. 20-30 miles average daily but 100+ miles in a week. Line is very close to circuit breaker end of the garage. It’s on wall and placed outside garage.

10% in 30 mins for you is about 44 miles per hour (Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support —for refresh X on 40A charge, I guess 10% will be in one hour (rated for 29m an hour)?

You’re right I miss the 8A already (without a car). Don’t want the poor guy to run the thicker wire all over again.

Very informative. 20-30 miles average daily but 100+ miles in a week. Line is very close to circuit breaker end of the garage. It’s on wall and placed outside garage.

10% in 30 mins for you is about 44 miles per hour (Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support —for refresh X on 40A charge, I guess 10% will be in one hour (rated for 29m an hour)?

You’re right I miss the 8A already (without a car). Don’t want the poor guy to run the thicker wire all over again.
I find that the extra power comes in REALLY handy in these two cases,

1) I come home from work (or wherever) and I need to make another trip.
2) Winter. The extra power makes a world of difference to warm the battery and get things going when it is really cold.

How often? Maybe 5-10% of the time. Do you need it? Probably not. But owning a Tesla isn't supposed to be about compromises...

:)

I find that the extra power comes in REALLY handy in these two cases,

1) I come home from work (or wherever) and I need to make another trip.
2) Winter. The extra power makes a world of difference to warm the battery and get things going when it is really cold.

How often? Maybe 5-10% of the time. Do you need it? Probably not. But owning a Tesla isn't supposed to be about compromises...

:)
Agree if I have a trip before work (I work rotating schedule) that is say 40 miles round trip and then if I have to work 60 miles away I like to top up in between. Those 8A could make a difference. Biggest question is did you ask for and pay for 60A wiring and only get 50? If so they better make it right.

Reactions: jkhanesq
Agree if I have a trip before work (I work rotating schedule) that is say 40 miles round trip and then if I have to work 60 miles away I like to top up in between. Those 8A could make a difference. Biggest question is did you ask for and pay for 60A wiring and only get 50? If so they better make it right.

It’s tricky as there wasn’t a meeting of the minds here. When I confirmed to him it’s (wall connector) rated for 50 amps, he set it up for a 50 circuit breaker. Turns out —and for those reading this public forum it will be beneficial to know— the Amps are less - 40A for 50 and 48A for a 60 breaker.

I am assuming all of you who really need to get out again the same evening to make a trip could easily drop in for 10 mins at a super charger for a quick boost?!

I am a Nov 2020 European Order and now finally got an EDD (only via email not in the app yet) for Nov/Dec. I am a plaid, 5 seat order, white/cream and the email said they will come back soon to confirm my config and it hasn't changed to my original order (incl pricing). Now wondering whether plaid 5 seater are back on? Or did I miss something and others by now also received plaid 5 seater? Or do you think I should expect them to come back to the 6 for 5 offer?

Last edited:
I am a Nov 2020 European Order and now finally got an EDD (only via email not in the app yet) for Nov/Dec. I am a plaid, 5 seat order, white/cream and the email said they will come back soon to confirm my config and it hasn't changed to my original order (incl pricing). Now wondering whether plaid 5 seater are back on? Or did I miss something and others by now also received plaid 5 seater? Or do you think I should expect them to come back to the 6 for 5 offer?
Seems pretty likely when they "confirm your config" they will be telling you it has to be changed to the 6 seater or to a LR. And if you switch to LR, it is pretty unlikely you will get it that soon.