Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MXP a few hours ago. Like many, I was nervous about what I might find in terms of build quality, imperfections, mechanical / technical issues, etc. I also was concerned about what the interaction would be like with the SA given some experiences described in this forum. Well, I couldn't be happier (and more relieved) on both fronts.

Taking the second one first, the SA (in Pittsburgh / Wexford location) could not have been more friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and accommodating. When I arrived for my scheduled appointment, the vehicle was still be detailed. I took that time to review the paper docs I would be required to sign, but when I told the SA that I wanted to inspect the vehicle before signing anything, he responded that would not be a problem. When the detail was complete, I was given complete access to the vehicle - outside, inside, screen / technology - and, with the help of the handy checklist (thanks to all who contributed to that) I looked over the car for about 45 minutes on my own (the SA come out twice just to see if I had any questions) and then the SA spent about another 30 minutes with me in the vehicle going over various features and helping me enable certain settings. Again, I couldn't have asked for more in terms of my delivery experience.

The vehicle - at least to my eye - looked really good. Yes, there are a few places where the gaps are slightly wider than in others, and the top / back of the FWDs don't line up precisely with the back roof, but they open and close well, seem to seal fine, and I did not notice any unexpected sound coming from them when driving. Fortunately, there were no scratches, dings, chips, etc. that I noticed. As for the inside, it was spotless and no serious issues that I noticed. There is a faint S on the center of the yoke, but I expected that and not sure I would have even noticed or thought twice about it had it not been pointed out by others. No issues with the seats / upholstery, which are very comfortable. Love the panoramic windshield and the tilt screen, which I immediately turned to the driver's side making it easier to see and much easier to access things on the right side. Ride was very smooth ride (on Chill, wasn't ready for anything more exhilarating), quiet, sound system was excellent, as was the voice command, which came in handy when I couldn't figure out where the buttons were for the air conditioning (it is 90 here today) and so I pressed the easy to access microphone button on the yoke, said "turn on air conditioning" and voila!!! Love the yoke. Wide turns may take a little getting used to, but I found it to be comfortable and also provide a very stable feel. After getting home, I went through each item on the screen for setup, all of which was very intuitive. I received a charger and a hitch, but no fobs. SA said they had a few older ones, but that they wouldn't work with refreshed X. I plan to just use phone key initially and see how I like it. Used the plaid payment system, which was seamless. Tires are all-weather Continentals, which is good for my climate.

Only biggest "issue" at this time is that I have a smallish garage and the FWDs and trunk cannot go very high (all sensors working well) - so the kids will need to do some ducking / twisting to enter / exit, and we'll need to watch our heads when unloading stuff from the trunk.

Also, Homelink recognizes my garage door opener - it indicates that a connection was established - but when I push the HL button on screen I see a brief indicator that looks like a signal is being sent, but nothing happens. I did as someone suggested - drive away and come back and try again - but that didn't work. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Still lots to figure out and play around with, but what an awesome machine - unlike anything I've experienced. For those who live within an acceptable driving distance from Pittsburgh, I highly recommended the Wexford location, based on my experience.

In terms of HomeLink, I had the same problem as you did, but I eventually made it work after multiple tries. One hint: some garage openers require you to pair within 30 secs after you hit the "learn" button, and when you pair, you have to press the HL button twice to make the garage opener recognize your device.

In terms of HomeLink, I had the same problem as you did, but I eventually made it work after multiple tries. One hint: some garage openers require you to pair within 30 secs after you hit the "learn" button, and when you pair, you have to press the HL button twice to make the garage opener recognize your device.
Thanks. I tried what worked for you, but still no luck. I then called HomeLink and the person there asked if my LiftMaster opener had LED lights (it does) and, if so, to disconnect them and then try the set up. Sure enough, that worked. He said LED lights are one of the most common causes of preventing Homelink set up with certain vehicles, including Teslas.

I am a July 2021 order, however I just took a look at my motor vehicle order agreement noticed that there is a line with "Order placed with electronically accepted items" with a date of 12/24/2021?? I have made no changes to my original order. Any idea what that date correlates to?

I am a July 2021 order, however I just took a look at my motor vehicle order agreement noticed that there is a line with "Order placed with electronically accepted items" with a date of 12/24/2021?? I have made no changes to my original order. Any idea what that date correlates to?
same to me , I am July 2021 order. june 2022 added FSD and my motor vehicle shows same thing like you.at 06/06/2022 . Probably you did some change in your order. my EDD and RN didn't change.

Are all the EU orders getting EDDs plaids so far? Would make sense since they appear to be almost all the way through the plaid backlog in NA.
There have been a few emails sent and EDD updates/reverts - all indications are towards Nov 2022 delivery commencement at this point. Also SA advise indicates deliveries to be Dec onward but at this point , probably speculation. Hopefully when the 1st EU shipment arrives, then we will have a steady flow.

Reactions: Hebert
Anyone in EU tried the order support email to make changes to their order without impacting your place in line?

I am thinking of switching to an MXP from MXLR to speed up delivery now that EDDs are showing up.

The price difference is much smaller here than the US, for me here in Switzerland its about 10k

Anybody having issues with slow or no response from "Jorge" at Tesla order support? I sent a request to the [email protected] email on Monday and haven't heard back. The request was to change the color of my Mar 2021 order from blue to white. I also asked to confirm that I'd receive the lower price for white as well as confirming that there wouldn't be a negative impact to my EDD, which is hilarious since I'm on day 514 already...

Brilliant. In layman’s terms, I see it as 1.25 hours slower charge time for a zero -full charge. Night time home charging, plus averaging 40-80% charge over night. Will I really miss the extra charging rate? Curious.
The 40A setup is plenty. Unless the guy will come back and redo it for free OR you're going to be doing a lot of quick turnaround roadtrips, you don't need the extra power. I've used 40A charging for 8 years and 2 Teslas and never once had a situation where it caused me to wait, even with arriving from a roadtrip to spend one night and leave the next morning. Just don't forget to set your charge level to 100% before a roadtrip!

Reactions: Hebert and jkhanesq
Anybody having issues with slow or no response from "Jorge" at Tesla order support? I sent a request to the [email protected] email on Monday and haven't heard back. The request was to change the color of my Mar 2021 order from blue to white. I also asked to confirm that I'd receive the lower price for white as well as confirming that there wouldn't be a negative impact to my EDD, which is hilarious since I'm on day 514 already...
This is what I got from Jorge on Wednesday after asking similar question:

Thank you for reaching out. For US orders, customers can make changes without being updated to current base pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will be impacted.
You can use the Edit Design link on your account to make changes to your car.
Best Regards,
Jorge Sanchez
Except that there is no Edit Design link in my account.

The 40A setup is plenty. Unless the guy will come back and redo it for free OR you're going to be doing a lot of quick turnaround roadtrips, you don't need the extra power. I've used 40A charging for 8 years and 2 Teslas and never once had a situation where it caused me to wait, even with arriving from a roadtrip to spend one night and leave the next morning. Just don't forget to set your charge level to 100% before a roadtrip!
Thanks!! He will do it for free if it’s only a 60a breaker —-does a 6 gauge wire ok for 48amps?