Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes he was slow for me and didn’t respond the second time, I ended up getting nowhere with him so I had to call my local service center and they fixed me up very quickly. I made a similar color change.
I ended up talking with the KCSC and had a very helpful SA. She was extremely easy to work with and ended up making the change for me, rather than me needing to edit the design. My account changed to show the new color almost immediately.

Reactions: Bradlmas
How long after this are we able to schedule delivery? Is it an option for you yet?
No. The same EDD has remained since getting the VIN. I have had no local contact from a DS to establish an appointment ... yet. There is still a chance of delivery date pushback, I guess, if there is some sort of delay in the journey from factory to local Tesla store.

But that does raise an interesting question regarding the transport from Fremont to the Middle Atlantic. My previous understanding was that vehicles are sent via train to Chicago and then switched to another consist train to either New Jersey or Savannah whereupon the remainder of the journey is via truck carrier. Is that still the case or is there now a different mode or route?

I just got the text to schedule delivery! Right in the middle of my honeymoon. Aug 13-15 are my options for delivery. There is no way I can move the trip at this point since we leave in a week. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a power of attorney to have someone accept delivery on your behalf? I’m going to try and call Mt Kisco in the morning to see if they will allow me to pick a different day to accept delivery. If not I have no other option other than PoA 😭or they just say sucks to be you and I lose the Model X
Just an update on this. I called Tesla yesterday and spoke with a very nice woman who was able to help me. I explained the situation to her and she totally understood. Immediately scheduled me for delivery the day after I return (Aug 18). She also mentioned she filled my account with notes that are explaining my situation and to basically not change this delivery date and if someone has questions or problems with the EDD to call her directly.

Not sure what her position is or if she was just being nice to me, but she made me feel much better about taking delivery. Praying to the Tesla gods that someone doesnt try to contact me next week while I am away saying I have to accept delivery now or my X is gone. So we will see. Hoping my Aug 18 delivery day holds while I'm away!

UGH
Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 7.56.26 AM.png

Reactions: Driver 8 and Elixir
Yes, if single strand, ie THHN, in a conduit. Romex has to be 4 gauge to handle 48a per code. What does your invoice say on what was actually installed? Pics? I'm a bit concerned that an electrician would install a 50a unless there was miscommunication.
Thanks; appreciate the insight. He just confirms it’s Romex 6 awg. He was going to come back and put in a 60a breaker but given what you said, it was “THNN” that would be fine. I had to lose that extra 8A but you’re saying 6 awg Romex wire (is that a type of wire?) will not be enough to work with a 60a breaker to supply 48a to my X?

I suppose the poor guy didn’t really know if 60a was required etc. He did say he’d done this before etc.

Just an update on this. I called Tesla yesterday and spoke with a very nice woman who was able to help me. I explained the situation to her and she totally understood. Immediately scheduled me for delivery the day after I return (Aug 18). She also mentioned she filled my account with notes that are explaining my situation and to basically not change this delivery date and if someone has questions or problems with the EDD to call her directly.

Not sure what her position is or if she was just being nice to me, but she made me feel much better about taking delivery. Praying to the Tesla gods that someone doesnt try to contact me next week while I am away saying I have to accept delivery now or my X is gone. So we will see. Hoping my Aug 18 delivery day holds while I'm away!
Great to hear! My ny delivery is set for 14th the day before I leave for vacay. Did you speak to local delivery center? If it gets pushed I may also be in trouble as I’m out for 10 days.