Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone looked into the Washington RTA tax for model x?

It doesn't look right.

Some say it should be 1.1% of base price. But now it looks like 1.1% of full current price.

120990 x 1.1% = 1330.89

Screenshot_20220805-205056.png

Screenshot_20220805-205751.png

Last edited:
How are you going to fix it?

Seems they charge based on current msrp, not your order price (if discounted)

120,990 x 0.011

Me again!

Picked up today! Near mint!

Ten thousand thumbs down on my SA's lack of talking me down from that ledge over the fender mess up. They said it'd be fine but didn't respond to my two separate requests to take pics of the repair before I spent the 4 hours driving there.

It was all for not though and the bad SA taste is already forgotten.

I arrived early to my appt. They weren't supposed to unlock the car for me until I accept but the lady must have taken pitty on me and she said "well, for an X I'll unlock it" :)

Spent the next 45 min in the 100 degree full blazing humid Missouri sun crawling around the X. :)

The rep inside said they sell around 20 cars a day and 70 during the EOQ rush. Oof.

Whatever they did, I can't find a trace of the fender issue.
29590431160576387428.jpg

04738714840488492948.jpg

Only 5 issues, two big enough for me to schedule service.

1. Both FWD aren't opening all the way. Dunno if that's a calibration or setting thing. To be continued.

2. Slight 8 inch line scratch in the lower bumper lip. Pretty sure I can buff it out.

3. Slight wrinkles in the 3rd row leather. Not enough for me to really care.

4. The driver side window trim is to gappy for my taste. It shows some foam behind it and I can't push it back onto the body.
04712929367545027480.jpg

5. The issue we've seen before with the backup gear selector overlay being derpy.
80214412078259295556.jpg

I've already scheduled a service appointment for 4 and 5 and they are coming to my house on Monday morning to address :)

The car definitely needs a proper detail but I'm pretty far beyond satisfied.

These vented seats are amazing! My swamp arse felt like it was sitting on a block of ice. I couldn't stop saying "THIS IS AMAZING!!!" to my wife.

We've only driven around downtown KC with 35mph speed limits so I haven't really been able to go crazy. However I did punch it a few times from 35mph and I was at 60mph in the blink of an eye. It almost hurts. I was immediately going "wow dammmm" to my wife. A definite performance improvement from my Model 3 Performance. Can't wait to get it on the highway tomorrow on the drive home.

The stress and wait is worth it. Stay strong my fellow EDDers!
Glad to hear the delivery went well! Especially good to know that there was no evidence of the apparent scuff on the fender. It's too bad the SA's weren't more reassuring.

Ugh. Very sorry to hear this old friend...
I'm so sorry.
It's all good. 2/3 good experiences with Tesla is still a good experience. The squeaks that come after 3+ months of usage are pretty incredible. Add the service center claiming everything they don't want to fix is "within spec" and it fills you with joy! It's still a good car, just not as good as my MS or M3 were in terms of build/quality.

Well, everyone here has had a journey and a lot of frustration. I'm certainly not unique with my wait. Of course to me, this has seemed like an eternity. The EDD "JUST" changed from August 23-September 27 to August 19 - September 09. The move up and shorter window is really encouraging. Sounds like I too will be transitioning from waiting for an idea to waiting for something that actually exists to arrive! Time to start buying accessories!

Some say it should be 1.1% of base price. But now it looks like 1.1% of full current price.
Doing a little digging today. The DOL website does make it sound like the tax is based on current MSRP:
"The MVET value is not based on the fair market value of the vehicle and can be either higher or lower than the vehicle's fair market value or the amount the owner paid for the vehicle."

However, when you use the DOL estimator for RTA tax, it list several trims for the MX, which seems to include seating configuration, but not all other options. I don't know if Tesla uses this calculator or not. I'm guessing these MSRP values on the DOL site might be out of date. I'm also not sure what "4dr Base Auto" means. FSD I guess? But it is only a 10k option, so pricing is out of date if it is. It also doesn't list "Auto" options for the Plaids, so... very confusing.
1659808598700.png