Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the message to schedule appointment for delivery. I am not 100% about my schedule for that week. Is it a big deal to get the appointment changed later, if I need to?
I just had the same situation arise this week and the dates they provided 8, 10, 11 of August with 6 days notice just didn't work for me as I am traveling on the other side of the country. I texted back to explain and for me Tesla said they couldn't hold the vehicle and released the VIN. They put my order on hold and I did receive a reply to the text message saying that they would prioritize another VIN. I would need to release the hold on my account when ready to take delivery but that doesn't mean a vehicle will be available.

The accessories waiting for my MXLR.

What else do I need more?
Any recommendations?
Weathertech Bump Step. Fits in hitch receiver. Protects bumper and provides a step.

Tesla (or other brand) heat shield sun shade for rear lift gate.

Tesla (or other brand) same for upper part of FWD.
FWD shades not as critical as for the hatchback to block heat - depends on your location.

In general, be careful when ordering accessories to assure they will fit the current 2022 model - some older parts for pre-2021 refresh will NOT work.

The accessories waiting for my MXLR.
- 3d Maxpider mats for 1, 2 and 3rd row seat
- Leather shield for interior
- Screen protector for displays
- Wall charger
- Hansshow auto frunk kit
- Metal key fob cover (Don’t know I can use or not)

What else do I need more?
Any recommendations?
Thank you for sharing a list of accessories. I am unable to find 3d Maxpider mats. Where did you get them?

Anyone expecting delivery in the next 2 weeks on the MA South Shore will be moved to a different SC. While the Dedham location isn't as good as Norwell, I've been told the staff are Norwell have been working out at Dedham and implementing the same standards there.

"Hello, Tesla Norwell here. Our center is currently closed to the public as we are working to complete some emergency facility repairs. Your car is still on schedule and in-transit to Massachusetts. We will need to move the delivery location from Norwell to Tesla Dedham. The address is:

840 Providence Hwy, Dedham, MA 02026

We will be in touch and keep you updated on the next steps regarding your new Tesla pickup.

Thank you for your patience, we are excited to get you behind the wheel!"

Any recommendation for Mud guard? Link?
Had a 2019 Raven X, but not yet the 2022 X. Anybody with recommendation?

I am also still looking for a pair for my future MX I was told in a different thread this one will fit. But haven’t purchased yet.

There was a last another set a member here mentioned but I can’t link it for some reason. It’s on AliExpress.

Thank you for sharing a list of accessories. I am unable to find 3d Maxpider mats. Where did you get them?

See this post. It’s for 2017-2021 MX but on youtube video, someone prove that it does fit on 2022 model x refresh as well!

The question is, which line reflects MSRP in the Price details section?
What I remember when I lived in Seattle, was the RTA and other fees were based on a Dept of Licensing table. It did not matter what you paid for the car or what the current market value of the car was. It just mattered what number the DOL put in their table. It is a system that only a lawmaker in Olympia could imagine. A nice lady at the Bill Pierre license agency explained it to me years ago.

I think the Washington DOL site has a lookup feature where you can enter your VIN and get the details on how much you will pay. Or you could do what I did and stop in at one of the independent license offices and chat with them, they know how it really works.

Reactions: Jim J.
What I remember when I lived in Seattle, was the RTA and other fees were based on a Dept of Licensing table. It did not matter what you paid for the car or what the current market value of the car was. It just mattered what number the DOL put in their table. It is a system that only a lawmaker in Olympia could imagine. A nice lady at the Bill Pierre license agency explained it to me years ago.

I think the Washington DOL site has a lookup feature where you can enter your VIN and get the details on how much you will pay. Or you could do what I did and stop in at one of the independent license offices and chat with them, they know how it really works.
Easy as that, they will let you know what you owe Lol

Reactions: Jim J.
It's all good. 2/3 good experiences with Tesla is still a good experience. The squeaks that come after 3+ months of usage are pretty incredible. Add the service center claiming everything they don't want to fix is "within spec" and it fills you with joy! It's still a good car, just not as good as my MS or M3 were in terms of build/quality.
Really sorry you’re not having a fantastic experience @Stro. I have had almost no issues with my X (minor FWD alignment and a few other minor things that basically I got over really quickly).