Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What!? I would totally do this. Anything special you think you did to be on the list?
My friend who has a December 2021 Long Range order got the same call yesterday. He said "thanks but no thanks". I don't know why they called him and not me, although honestly I'd have the same answer. I'll never use the extra Plaid level performance in SoCal freeway traffic, so why pay a $15k premium for it? Now if they offered an "Extra Long Range" that was still dual motor, but had a larger battery pack for $15k then I'd consider it...

Question to all the late model X owners:

Did your cars develop a bad AC vent odor? My 2018 M3 started smelling after 1 year, cabin air filter change only helped for a few months then the smell came back. I was given a 2019 Y as a loaner and it also smelled atrocious!

I’m now being proactive with the X by turning off the AC and letting the fan blast as I approach my destination.

Interested in using Waze, so need to have it convenient to see while driving.
I feel like having the phone as shown in blue below would be fairly easy to see while driving. Maybe somebody who has actually driven a refresh S/X can weigh in on that...

1660087104880.png

Vehicle delivered this morning - two hours before the delivery window started! Was a pleasant surprise. Couldn’t even go outside before the TA left.

In either case, the vehicle is mostly pristine! It’s our first Tesla but now, definitely won’t be our last. Factory detailer must have been tired cause there were enough blemishes that required me to wipe off (windows, door sills, etc). Thankfully no actual scratches or scuffs.

Minimal wrinkles in the seats and everything is functioning as expected. Had a weird issue where open door icons were not present in the app but restarting the app resolved that.

Now for the few minor issues:
1. Driver side FWD has slight misalignment on the backside
2. Slight scuff on passenger side side skirt
3. Rattling noise from driver instrument cluster when on highway (anyone experience this one?)

Nonetheless, I’m impressed with build, fit, finish and ride quality.
291ED5E3-0FA9-4BF9-9759-532255C07555.jpeg

Attachments

• A8AAA0B0-6ACF-4C15-AFA8-8688B00C4D82.jpeg
    A8AAA0B0-6ACF-4C15-AFA8-8688B00C4D82.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 5B8C8BA8-D573-4FF3-AA05-C78C0BA3A4CD.jpeg
    5B8C8BA8-D573-4FF3-AA05-C78C0BA3A4CD.jpeg
    375.7 KB · Views: 78
Picking up 2022 Model X Plaid the day before I take it on a 2 week, >1k mile road trip. I am very nervous to do this based on some of these threads. Would appreciate some input: is this too risky?
We picked up our Plaid May 31 and drove to round trip to Denver from Chicago in July. The car had some minor exterior and interior issues (for which we scheduled a service in August). We had no issues with the car itself on our road trip. The only two problems we had were with random phantom braking while on Auto Pilot and a flat tire in Denver which required the car to be towed to a SC in Denver. We had a flat tire repair system I had purchased on Amazon but fortunately the flat tire occurred in Denver.

Based on what I’ve read, there were some software/hardware issues with some of the earlier builds but I haven’t read much on this forum with ones built since February having any widespread concerns. I understand your concern and we were fortunate to take a couple of 3-4 hour trips before we went to Denver to check for any issues, but based on our experience, driving long distances with an X is very easy and comfortable.

I feel like having the phone as shown in blue below would be fairly easy to see while driving. Maybe somebody who has actually driven a refresh S/X can weigh in on that...

View attachment 838846
I have an iPhone Pro Max and it is easy to see while driving. My only complaint is that when the phone goes to sleep, Face ID won‘t open the phone because of the distance and angle so one has to enter the passcode or pick up the phone to use Face ID.

I have an iPhone Pro Max and it is easy to see while driving. My only complaint is that when the phone goes to sleep, Face ID won‘t open the phone because of the distance and angle so one has to enter the passcode or pick up the phone to use Face ID.
If you have an active trip in Google Maps/Waze/Apple Maps and the app is in the foreground, the display shouldn't be sleeping.

My friend who has a December 2021 Long Range order got the same call yesterday. He said "thanks but no thanks". I don't know why they called him and not me, although honestly I'd have the same answer. I'll never use the extra Plaid level performance in SoCal freeway traffic, so why pay a $15k premium for it? Now if they offered an "Extra Long Range" that was still dual motor, but had a larger battery pack for $15k then I'd consider it...
I got the same call as well...ordered in Nov 21 I think. No way I'm doing this to shave 2-3 months at this point
Were these 6 seat orders?

Do you pay before delivery? The app is asking me to complete payment.
Generally yes. In my case I went to the delivery center the night before and was able to lay eyes on my vehicle. I went home and paid for it. it made the actual pickup much easier. I *could* have waited until the delivery. The PLAID ACH transfer network that Tesla uses, is very quick. But I just did not want to run into any ‘morning of‘ glitches. It may be a little more complicated if you are not paying cash for the car.