Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question to all the late model X owners:

Did your cars develop a bad AC vent odor? My 2018 M3 started smelling after 1 year, cabin air filter change only helped for a few months then the smell came back. I was given a 2019 Y as a loaner and it also smelled atrocious!

I’m now being proactive with the X by turning off the AC and letting the fan blast as I approach my destination.
That should have been fixed in a software update to run the fans for 10 minutes or so after you get to your destination. The issue was that moisture was building up and causing moldy smells in the air filter. Replacing the air filter and spraying some cleaner to get rid of residual mold will help your problem (not just replacing the filter). It's worse if you live in humid climates. The X's filters are up top so it should be better but I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented that fix into all the cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Elixir and nBar5EV1
Someone mentioned experiencing a rattle or vibration coming from the instrument cluster area. My XLR (picked up June 4th) occasionally has a minor rattle/vibration in that area. I listen to my cars and this kind of thing really gets to me. It's not consistent though. More random than anything. I, too, would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if someone has found a source/solution.
thanks,
Bob
I had a rattle in my Model 3. I used this app to generate increasing higher frequencies in my speaker system (volume need to be high at low frequencies - gain is low):

I was able to hit a resonate frequency that excited the "rattle" and I was able to find it easily. They weren't able to fully fix it, but it helped.

Didn’t really see anyone confirm matrix headlights but I think mine came with them. VIN 356xx. Can anyone confirm from the pics?
16AC0A0C-0F35-435A-80D6-8D30C617921C.jpeg

Attachments

• D70063FC-AB70-4A2A-A6DF-8B2E88C61A99.jpeg
    D70063FC-AB70-4A2A-A6DF-8B2E88C61A99.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 94
I had a rattle in my Model 3. I used this app to generate increasing higher frequencies in my speaker system (volume need to be high at low frequencies - gain is low):

I was able to hit a resonate frequency that excited the "rattle" and I was able to find it easily. They weren't able to fully fix it, but it helped.
Do you know if it only happened for you on certain roads that weren't too bumpy? I've been trying to find the correct roads to show them but each time they get in the car with me, it stops rattling.

Someone mentioned experiencing a rattle or vibration coming from the instrument cluster area. My XLR (picked up June 4th) occasionally has a minor rattle/vibration in that area. I listen to my cars and this kind of thing really gets to me. It's not consistent though. More random than anything. I, too, would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if someone has found a source/solution.
thanks,
Bob
Yes! My first time out on the highway and it was a rather annoying rattle - definitely not something I like it all. However, to your point, it was non-existent when driving to work this morning. I've put in a service request for other items and added this one as well.

Didn’t really see anyone confirm matrix headlights but I think mine came with them. VIN 356xx. Can anyone confirm from the pics?View attachment 839112
Unfortunately I don’t think those are matrix. The main thing to look for is the circular light at the end

Attachments

• BCF41087-6DC8-4BCF-83A4-96306F45F996.jpeg
    BCF41087-6DC8-4BCF-83A4-96306F45F996.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 79
thanks,
Bob
The trim around the swivel screen mount is terrible. It consists of two black plastic covers that connect to each other to cover the mechanism. They have rattled since I first angled the screen toward me. When I had a tech replacing some outside trim, I inquired about the issue. He said he had worked on very few with swivel screen and when he checked Toolbox articles nothing came up. He suggested felt tape, like they do for most interior NVH.

They might give you an updated MVPA with a Final Price Sheet on page 2.
They gave that to me less than 48 hours before delivery, and it's got wrong number entered. My bank is still waiting for the correct one.
Now it's about 24 hours before delivery, the Final Price Sheet is still not corrected yet. I contacted them again.
So, the chance of getting finance before delivery is getting very small.
I might have to just pay cash.

Who else think this kind of service along with all the other ridicules treatment/quality issue is not funny anymore? It's sad I am still one of the many enablers for this.

Reactions: Elixir
My EDD for my plaid just changed from Dec-Feb to aug 13-31

I was really hoping to delay until matrix… what to do…

Also I have my payment set to cash: can I switch back to finance?
You can contact Tesla at the toll free number showing on your account page and whoever you talk to can change you from cash to financing. I had a very helpful person do that for me earlier this week.

Some interesting Model X backlog/demand details in this Twitter post (below the marked up graphic) by Troy Teslike.
I focused on the wait time for new deliveries being the longest for the Model X LR at 9.2 months. The only model that was somewhat close was the Model Y LR at 7.2 months. After that the longest was 5.17 months for the Model 3 LR.

1660167512782.png