Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up car tomorrow finally after 16 m wait! Any recommend for non- Tesla apps to download? Any other advice!

Thank you all for the epic journey from Jan ‘21 through May ‘21 when I joined TMC into today. Been here since the very beginning!
A Better Route Planner app if you want more detailed stats on routes or the state of your car. Any apps you think you might need for charging at random chargers. Chargepoint, ElectrifyAmerica, etc. Can always install them on-demand though.

I am literally home for 3 days after my honeymoon before leaving the country again and they want me to accept delivery while I’m away. It’s like the universe is trying to tell me I shouldn’t be in possession of a Model X!
I would ask them to take delivery with the damaged wheel and get the replacement at mobile service (or go in to the SC to get the replacement after the second trip). That is assuming it is at least drivable.

Reactions: Jwalker9 and Hebert
Still haven't gotten an email, text etc since I got my VIN. Really hoping it doesn't get pulled.
I just got the delivery text this afternoon, four days after the VIN assignment. On Monday got the text that the car had left the factory and to expect the next communication to schedule delivery. I'm scheduled for Tuesday, 8/23! Unfortunately, I'm out of the country and won't be back until the 26th, so, I've got my SIL picking up the car for me. I've given him the down payment cashier's check and the checklist. Will also need to give him access to my Tesla account so he can accept delivery. According to the folks at the SC, I'll get the agreement that can be electronically signed. Hopefully, goes smooth with few issues. 🤞

I’m nervous now. I’m originally scheduled to pick up my MXP on 8/15 in Jax. Just got a text from my rep that service team need more time to adjust windshield. So they are pushing my pickup date to 8/16. Has anyone had this experience before? Why do they need to adjust windshield on a brand new car. I feel the car got into a wreck or probably was rejected before or something. Advise/comments?? Thank you

Why does everyone just think the absolute worst every time. I mean it could be a misaligned windshield. You may not feel any better about that, but it isn’t a wreck. One thing I think a lot of people have never realized before is that a lot of cars get fixed before delivery. For example BMW does a lot of port repairs, including things like paint chips. You as a consumer just never knew about it because it isn’t widely disclosed. Traditinal dealerships also do touch ups and repairs on new cars. Again you just might not have realized it.

Last edited:
EDD change - OOD 10/21

Red / 7 / 22 / cream / FSD / XLR

Here are the dates

March
May
July
Aug 15 - oct 10
Aug 21 - oct 2
New one today Aug 28 - Oct 2

Hopefully good sign?
Good morning everyone EDD update this morning.

3 week window with a one week push back on the front end.

@stonelance any update with your EDD

6F6BC349-6F6A-441D-94F6-F0DA8A8F7BBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kriskros91
Update here May 6 2021 order narrowed from Aug 17-Sep 7 to Aug 16-Sep 1.

I was thinking about swapping my wheels back down to 20 at the last minute do you think that’s going to screw with my date?
After waiting that long I would not take the chance, if you really want 20’s that would be an easy fix on a trade with someone after you get the X

Update here May 6 2021 order narrowed from Aug 17-Sep 7 to Aug 16-Sep 1.

I was thinking about swapping my wheels back down to 20 at the last minute do you think that’s going to screw with my date?
Unfortunately I don’t think any of us know. I would say premium wheels or any feature that increases the price of your Tesla seems to get priority.

Reactions: Bradlmas