Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD went from Oct- Dec to Aug 28 - Sep 16!!! Finally!!!
1A9CDEC3-6D83-4A4B-A73F-DA54DF239CE7.jpeg

Quick question... they asked me to update mileage on my performance model 3 that I'm using as a trade-in for my MX plaid and the offer they submitted to me was $7,200 lower than a month ago???? I quickly rejected it....do I have any recourse or just need to sell it myself? Seems beyond ridiculous....so frustrated but at least my window didn't change.
I would have accepted It, even if you thought it was too low. You can always change your mind later and sell it yourself, or keep it. Since you rejected the offer, you will never know if it will go up next month. Also don’t forget about the sales tax credit, in California, isn’t that now at least 9%?

The value of my 2018 X bounced around a bit in the last few months, but the quote was far higher than the street price for it, let alone the sales tax improvement on the new car. It was a no brainer for me. I also have a Model Y on order, and considering trading in our Model 3 on it. I’ll go through the trade-in exercise with it, just to see. But we may just cancel the Model Y. It is definitely in the role of a second car around here, and doesn’t get driven a lot since we have both recently retired. Only 15,000 miles in three years.

Reactions: Vitaman and Elixir
I wonder if the EDD range is based off of projected build batching and your EDD got pulled forward because someone cancelled their order? Either way, congrats! Time to take out the cognac
I don't know about that, but of course anything is possible.. They are located in Central US, and VIN assignments are heavy in Central US right now. VINs should start shifting to Mountain and West coast in a couple weeks. It does seem like Tesla has been underestimating EDDs more often lately, and then moving orders forward. Maybe they learned from all the constant pushing back.

Reactions: Ckennedy421
My pickup was last night. It was not as smooth as my MY pickup last year. The SA assigned to my delivery seemed bothered that I had a checklist and wanted to look at everything. The only "issues" were one FWD is not quite right (It does not open as high as the other FWD - I am sure this can be fixed) and the trim above the front passenger seat appears to be slightly ripped where it meets the windshield glass (not a huge deal but I will get it corrected - it looks like it was cut by a razor).

There was a box in the frunk with clips that go on the tires. I asked what the parts were for and my SA said they were for the tires. The SA said some people do not like them and that they are "a pain to install. " To me, they were obviously missing when comparing 22 inch wheels without the clips to the 22 inch wheels pictured on the website (which have the clips). He installed them ...

I asked about the supercharger referral code and this is where things took a strange turn. Already being in a sour mood, my SA aggressively told me that Tesla no longer honors the "grandfather" regarding the 1,000 supercharger miles because it was "not noted in my account" before they changed their policy. I had printed out the page from their website that says their policy is that they grandfathered via order date. I saw someone else post that it's "only $100," but my referral was from my wife's MY so it is $200 for us, and If I saw $200 on the ground I would certainly pick it up. That said, it was not worth fighting about... so I dropped the issue. Even after I said that's fine I may call Tesla later (I probably will not because I agree that it is not worth the effort) the guy still wanted to argue the issue (which I did not want to argue).

I did get the mobile charger and tow hook.

Overall very happy with my MX. That said, I think Tesla needs to spend some time on training regarding customer service.

That said, it was not worth fighting about... so I dropped the issue. Even after I said that's fine I may call Tesla later (I probably will not because I agree that it is not worth the effort) the guy still wanted to argue the issue (which I did not want to argue).
I doubt the SA can do anything about it anyway. You would have to to have some central department apply it, so calling seems like the reasonable thing to do.

Reactions: Evfan0630
I have a sept '21 order date and got a call to upgrade to plaid for addnl 20K and delivery will be guaranteed this qtr- q3'22. Else my delivery is currently oct - dec and could pushed to later in dec or early next year. DId anyone else in the bay area get this call?
Couple folks here mentioned that they got the call as well (Not in CA). One person mentioned he got offered 15K. 20K doesn't seem like too good of a deal.

I was just looking at Tesla's website and it looks like you cannot buy an Extended Service Agreement (warranty) on Model Year 2021 and newer S/X. Makes me nervous given the inconsistent quality problems that have been reported on here. I'm not terribly concerned about the drivetrain, but lord knows how much money those falcon wing doors will cost to fix if they crap out at 51,000 miles...

Reactions: timberlights