Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unexpectedly got a VIN on Saturday. Took care of financing and insurance, got everything set up, all to be told I have to take delivery in 2-4 business days from when I got the VIN. Thanks to their constantly changing delivery estimate, that's an impossible amount of time for my down payment money to transfer and settle. Guy on the phone told me if I can't take delivery in 2 days I lose my VIN and have to get back in line for another one. They can't hold it, and can't help me in any way - take it when we say or get ****ed. I waited 14 months and Tesla can't give me 3 days?! I've been a shareholder since 2013; I used to love this company & thought the negative stories were just a loud minority. If the value of the vehicle hadn't increased so much since I bought it, I'd cancel this order and absolutely be looking for a different car. Sad to say, but if they give my car to someone else after waiting all this time with no communication, this will be my last Tesla.

The way the wood blends the cream into the black trim is remarkable. Gives this combination a unique look to the interior. Luxurious yet not in your face or bland. Tesla did a great job here.
According to the awesome Google spreadsheet maintained on this forum, the MSM paint color comprises 22% of Tesla Model X types (at least among those who participate). The spreadsheet indicates that 22% of MSM have Cream interior. Therefore, just under 5% of MX manufactured would have the MSM/Cream combination. That relative rarity may have a bearing on things like the EDD when the factory decides to run a batch. When I took delivery of my MX, among the new 3s and Ys on the lot, I only saw MSM, so it must have been gray day at Fremont.

Don’t think that’s an old vin. Mine is 356xxx and was built August 4th. Just got assigned this past Friday 19th. Others got new VINs past couple weeks with 356xxx
Yeah, didn't say it was old, just not the newest 358 VINs. Probably built 1-2 weeks ago. I have a feeling this was meant for someone else and it was cancelled, because I was supposed to take delivery at the Bellevue location, but when I went to schedule delivery it listed Seattle as the location.

Does anyone know if Tesla responds to the number where they send the delivery scheduling info from? I need to switch registration from my wife to myself, and cash->loan, but haven't heard back yet (only been two hours, but i want to move quick if i can take delivery this weekend). Wonder if I'm better off just emailing Jorge?

Does anyone know if Tesla responds to the number where they send the delivery scheduling info from? I need to switch registration from my wife to myself, and cash->loan, but haven't heard back yet (only been two hours, but i want to move quick if i can take delivery this weekend). Wonder if I'm better off just emailing Jorge?
It usually takes a few days.

Got my VIN (358xxx) and completed my financing/insurance formalities this morning. Right after that I received the text this morning saying the car is moving from Fremont. I bought our M3P out of existing inventory, so I'm not familiar with the process. How long does it take for them to ship it from Fremont to middle america? We have a trip on Labor day weekend and our estimated delivery is currently showing 2-5 Sept, the days we'll be gone. Any chance they'll have it ready next week?

Also, is there any way to learn which delivery location? Usually it's Kansas City but recently I heard they may be delivering to Oklahoma finally.

Got my VIN (358xxx) and completed my financing/insurance formalities this morning. Right after that I received the text this morning saying the car is moving from Fremont. I bought our M3P out of existing inventory, so I'm not familiar with the process. How long does it take for them to ship it from Fremont to middle america? We have a trip on Labor day weekend and our estimated delivery is currently showing 2-5 Sept, the days we'll be gone. Any chance they'll have it ready next week?

Also, is there any way to learn which delivery location? Usually it's Kansas City but recently I heard they may be delivering to Oklahoma finally.
It is generally ~2 weeks to the east coast, so I'm guessing 1-2 weeks. When you get the text to schedule delivery that will include the location, however for me the "Seller's name and address" section at the top of the MVPA is the same as the delivery location. If you have a VIN I think you should be able to find the MVPA in your Tesla account under your reservation on the right hand side.

It is generally ~2 weeks to the east coast, so I'm guessing 1-2 weeks. When you get the text to schedule delivery that will include the location, however for me the "Seller's name and address" section at the top of the MVPA is the same as the delivery location. If you have a VIN I think you should be able to find the MVPA in your Tesla account under your reservation on the right hand side.
Thanks! I only have the order agreement at the moment and it doesn't list a location. I'd hate to miss this VIN because we're out of town, but Tesla deliveries are what they are so we'll have to wait and see.

Just took delivery!
29E3F049-138A-448E-ABB6-BF58CA985999.jpeg
DC810E1B-DF83-4998-9AA9-C4D89FE9D59B.jpeg
82A0844A-8D57-4A19-90BD-B2BB32217227.jpeg

Thanks! I only have the order agreement at the moment and it doesn't list a location. I'd hate to miss this VIN because we're out of town, but Tesla deliveries are what they are so we'll have to wait and see.
You can designate someone to pick up on your behalf - I'm not sure what the current process is but I think it may involve power of attorney. Pretty sure others here have gone through it.

In 2019 when my M3P was at risk of arriving while I was out of the country, they said an e-mail giving x person permission to pick up the vehicle on my behalf, as well as a picture of their ID, was sufficient. But I'll defer to others that may have done it more recently!

Reactions: timberlights