Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally VIN'd myself! hells yea
black, creme interior, 7 seater, 20"wheels, with FSD.
Ordered August 2022. located in Southern Cali.
Hold email 7/25/22. delayed multiple times, then final EDD window shrank 1 week ago to 8/30-9/18 (previously 8/23-9/22, and 8/16-922 for a while before that...).
VIN 7SAXCAE5XNF3590xx (shout out to all other 359's out there!)
new EDD after VIN'd, 8/30-9/3.
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel!

Finally VIN'd myself! hells yea
black, creme interior, 7 seater, 20"wheels, with FSD.
Ordered August 2022. located in Southern Cali.
Hold email 7/25/22. delayed multiple times, then final EDD window shrank 1 week ago to 8/30-9/18 (previously 8/23-9/22, and 8/16-922 for a while before that...).
VIN 7SAXCAE5XNF3590xx (shout out to all other 359's out there!)
new EDD after VIN'd, 8/30-9/3.
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel!
Correction: ordered August 2021

Reactions: neo1738
Picked up my XLR on Thursday at Princeton, NJ service center. The place was extremely busy. Looked the car over pretty well and didn't have any glaring issues. FWD are aligned and all work well. When I arrived home, I did find that the rear quarter panel on the driver's side was not tight and would move slightly when pushed. Set up service request. Earliest date is 9/9 which is okay. Having PPF and ceramic coating done on the 31st of August. My wife and I had never driven a Tesla prior to delivery and it is something else. No regrets despite the long wait.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 146
All I wanna say is What an amazing Vehicle, this is replacing a 2017 P100D for me and build quality is even better than even the last year plaid S I took delivery off.

Only one Main issue I found is the door handle on one side is not properly aligned, I doubt it tesla can do much to fix it.. But will see. I took the delivery still since I don't care much as rest of the vehicle is in pretty great condition :) However Hopefully in future all these would get ironed out too for future builds.

One thing I noticed yesterday seems like they just added Seat Pockets on the website mine was built on Aug 19th 2022. So I do NOT have it hope you guys get it.

1661632560101.png

1661632319435.png

1661632723682.png

Finally had my MXLR delivered on Aug 23rd, which was 533 days from order date. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pick it up as I was out of the country on a trip planned before the MX was even ordered! Had my SIL pick it up and send me pictures/video of the car. I have to say that the build quality is very good. I've only found one relatively minor issue on the dash above the driver's display. The attached picture shows the defect. The Tesla delivery person told my SIL that it wasn't a big deal, make a service appointment in the app and they will definitely fix it.

After driving the car for just a few miles today I'm very impressed. This is my first EV so it's still very new. I have a couple of random thoughts as well as a question to the others that have received their MX.

1. Build quality seems to be improving. I haven't been able to find anything wrong with panel gaps or paint. I'll continue to look it over closely, but it appears to be good.
  2. Everything is working, especially the FWD's. They've both been opened and closed probably at least 50 times and they open and close at the touch of the button, regardless of which one you use.
  3. The acceleration is amazing, even in chill mode. Haven't tried Sport or Insane as of yet.
  4. The yoke is fine, though I've "missed" the bottom of it in a couple of tighter turns. The wife hasn't had any issues with the yoke, except for accidentally honking the horn a couple of times. I'm sure it will get easier with more time behind the wheel.
  5. I really like the way the turn signals work, turning off automatically, even when just changing lanes. Surprisingly I haven't had any issue with finding the correct signal, yet! It's been more intuitive than I expected.
  6. It looks like everything was included with one possible exception. The car had front & back floor mats, 22" wheel inserts installed, the trailer hitch receiver and mobile charger. The exception/question is should the mobile charger include both the 110V and the 220V pigtails? My MX only had the 110V pigtail. I thought that others had received both.
  7. There weren't any key fobs included with the car. The mobile app works fine to unlock the car, however, I've found that the key card won't work inside an RFID blocking wallet! Didn't think about that one, until trying to get it to unlock the car when I didn't have my phone with me. It makes sense, just didn't think about it!
Overall, I'm happy with the MXLR but realize that with only 50 miles on the odometer, things could change. For those that are still waiting, hang in there. During the journey from order to delivery, I gave up hope more than a couple of times and seriously thought about canceling my order. With the price increases from the past 18 months and the crazy used car market, I just couldn't pass up a 30% increase in value for a depreciating asset! That's been hard to wrap my head around!

IMG_7076.jpeg

Delivery and car experience story. Forgive me I’m dictating on my phone right now if things get a little goofy.

In 2018 I got a model X and I was so excited. I showed up and the doors were badly misaligned it immediately had to go into the shop and after that it was just one problem after another. I also did not feel very taken care of or appreciated by the company at all it was really a sour taste in my mouth however despite all those experiences I still really enjoyed the car and they continue to work with me to fix the issues over about 12 months.

I just picked up my new one late last week and the experience was much better across-the-board. As other people have been saying the quality is much higher and you are much less likely to have problems with your car than those of us who have had cars in the past. I had a problem with my falcon wing doors not opening in my garage which I eventually fixed by tricking it and going outside the garage and setting them to fully open besides that there was maybe one little scratch on the wood and the inside that was small and maybe one or two small scratches on the paneling by the door but they were very minor not even something I’m going to fix. I’m happy to report I have no other issues I have found with the car which is pretty remarkable given the kind of crap I went through last time. I’m not saying I’m not going to find any issues but so far I don’t see anything major the car is fantastic and I’m excited for else else to car especially those who have had a previous version and just be delighted that you’re actually getting what you paid for. I was back-and-forth on the 22 inch wheels I decided to get them this time after wishing I did last time and I’m not disappointed they just look so damn nice. So we can call that a vanity upgrade oh well:) my alignment of the doors is pretty good it’s not perfect but it’s pretty darn good especially compared to the past. The alignment in the front and back trunk is very good. I’m not sure if I have the matrix headlights I don’t think so unless somebody else got them recently I need to go look if I have that circular looking object in there but I can post that later.

Attachments

• 6E6807FF-C23B-44D9-9564-E150D89FFC91.jpeg
    6E6807FF-C23B-44D9-9564-E150D89FFC91.jpeg
    895.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 62C48FD8-C5AB-4B8B-92BA-B8A5D704C25D.jpeg
    62C48FD8-C5AB-4B8B-92BA-B8A5D704C25D.jpeg
    815.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 56F3693F-6316-453F-B1C2-55F830B6068F.jpeg
    56F3693F-6316-453F-B1C2-55F830B6068F.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 103
I had to buy a FOB
Delivery and car experience story. Forgive me I’m dictating on my phone right now if things get a little goofy.

In 2018 I got a model X and I was so excited. I showed up and the doors were badly misaligned it immediately had to go into the shop and after that it was just one problem after another. I also did not feel very taken care of or appreciated by the company at all it was really a sour taste in my mouth however despite all those experiences I still really enjoyed the car and they continue to work with me to fix the issues over about 12 months.

I just picked up my new one late last week and the experience was much better across-the-board. As other people have been saying the quality is much higher and you are much less likely to have problems with your car than those of us who have had cars in the past. I had a problem with my falcon wing doors not opening in my garage which I eventually fixed by tricking it and going outside the garage and setting them to fully open besides that there was maybe one little scratch on the wood and the inside that was small and maybe one or two small scratches on the paneling by the door but they were very minor not even something I’m going to fix. I’m happy to report I have no other issues I have found with the car which is pretty remarkable given the kind of crap I went through last time. I’m not saying I’m not going to find any issues but so far I don’t see anything major the car is fantastic and I’m excited for else else to car especially those who have had a previous version and just be delighted that you’re actually getting what you paid for. I was back-and-forth on the 22 inch wheels I decided to get them this time after wishing I did last time and I’m not disappointed they just look so damn nice. So we can call that a vanity upgrade oh well:) my alignment of the doors is pretty good it’s not perfect but it’s pretty darn good especially compared to the past. The alignment in the front and back trunk is very good. I’m not sure if I have the matrix headlights I don’t think so unless somebody else got them recently I need to go look if I have that circular looking object in there but I can post that later.
And I just got the $200 credit to order a charger if I wanted. also no seat bat pockets but I got these things on Amazon so my kids don’t kick the seats and they’re actually really nice. They fit the car even though it doesn’t say.

BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model S Leather Seat Back Kick Protectors Kick Mats Black Set of 2 https://a.co/d/d2RoUL4

Quick question for the group. Since there's not an onboard spare and I don't see a repair kit or inflator, what's the plan if you experience a flat? I've had other cars with no spare, however, those all had simple repair kits and inflator.

Speaking of tires I was thinking it would be nice to have a whole extra rim and tire for a spare if you have bad rim rash and you wanna take your time getting the other tire fixed or if you just need a spare. Any idea how to go about doing that seems difficult to get one?

Sorry for bombing the board here. The other thing is they gave me zero time limit to look over the car I could sit out there as long as I wanted to make sure everything was fine but I pretty much just went home after 10 minutes it looked pretty good and then I checked it over more at home so you don’t have to worry about being rushed I don’t think.

Hi @1pinhigh and @Bradlmas ,

I have the bad luck of flat tires in odd places where Roadside Assistance does not work...

I got the complete kit for Model X from Modernspare.com

It comes with the jack, wrench, spacer (to accomodate different offset between front and rear wheels)
and lug nuts and a carrying bag...

It is very good insurance - I have not had a flat since purchasing it.

Good Luck,

Shawn

Quick question for the group. Since there's not an onboard spare and I don't see a repair kit or inflator, what's the plan if you experience a flat? I've had other cars with no spare, however, those all had simple repair kits and inflator.
I signed up for AAA as my main way to handle a flat. Once they towed me to a Tesla service center and the second time to Discount Tire. I do have the Tesla air pump and hole repair kit, but I hope to never need them

Last edited:
Speaking of tires I was thinking it would be nice to have a whole extra rim and tire for a spare if you have bad rim rash and you wanna take your time getting the other tire fixed or if you just need a spare. Any idea how to go about doing that seems difficult to get one?
Problem is, the wheels are not all the same size. So do you want a front spare or a rear spare?

Reactions: timberlights