Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINNER, VINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!

Very spontaneously just now, got a text, telling me that my VIN is assigned and lo and behold, not only is it assigned but my EDD is now Sept 2-Sept 8.

How do I look up the build date data for my VIN, again? 7SAXCBE53NF3595XX

0BC0597C-C841-4DA5-9726-D152FE83DFC3.jpeg

Attachments

• CC9C2710-BC66-4079-934B-9BF79E9CF4E3.jpeg
    CC9C2710-BC66-4079-934B-9BF79E9CF4E3.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 67
So doing my trade-in with our old MX75D, if I do a trade-in quote on Tesla.com it gives me a range from $66,400 - $72,700 as of August 28th. But Tesla just gave me an offer of $55,800 on my order page. So weird. KBB shows between $70-75k as fair trade in value.

Anyone else experienced the same? I feel like its not accounting for FSD or somethingView attachment 846181

I would with the credit bureaus, you may have an incorrectly reported accident against your vehicle. That has come up a time or two in discussions here. Tesla’s trade-in quotes have generally been very good.

Reactions: TJPDX
So we ordered October 2021 and were told October 2022. Our EDD has narrowed 3 times and is now Sept 21 to October 12. We now check the account every 10 minutes as the excitement grows. But now I can't help but think of all of the people that have got their Teslas before us. If you had not ordered we would have got ours already. But don't let it bother you..... lol

So we ordered October 2021 and were told October 2022. Our EDD has narrowed 3 times and is now Sept 21 to October 12. We now check the account every 10 minutes as the excitement grows. But now I can't help but think of all of the people that have got their Teslas before us. If you had not ordered we would have got ours already. But don't let it bother you..... lol
Doesn’t bother me one bit… great car.

Reactions: Choco
Also, I know this has been mentioned/discussed before but given Tesla is giving me mere days to get everything in order prior to taking delivery, I don't have as much time to pore through this massive thread now 😂

What have people used to sell their car (Tesla or other) besides Carvana, Shift, Vroom, CarGurus, and Carmax?

Also, I know this has been mentioned/discussed before but given Tesla is giving me mere days to get everything in order prior to taking delivery, I don't have as much time to pore through this massive thread now 😂

What have people used to sell their car (Tesla or other) besides Carvana, Shift, Vroom, CarGurus, and Carmax?
We used Carmax who offered $3K more than Tesla. Since we were out of the country during the anticipated delivery date, it was MUCH LESS stressful to sell to Carmax. The local KC SC folks told me that if I was trading in to Tesla there were forms I had to physically sign, rather than approve electronically. There was no way I'd be able to do that and with Carmax's offer being $3K more, it was a no brainer! FWIW

Reactions: daftskunk

Driveway - screens car by photos, and then by rep at pick up, rep hands you check.

Cargurus - no remote pre-screen, 2 dudes showed up and drove car away. Check arrived by UPS day before pick-up.

Vroom - no remote pre-screen, sends Vroom - marked flat bed, truck driver takes 4 photos and gives you bill of lading. Payment sent by mail the next day.

So did everyone that received the mobile connector kit with their car include both the 115V & 240V pigtails in the kit? the reason for the question is that I only had the 115V connector in the bag.
Yes, only the 115 connector, however the Delivery Centers often have the 240V (14-50 plug) in stock. Ask for it when you pick up the car, $35 IIRC.

So doing my trade-in with our old MX75D, if I do a trade-in quote on Tesla.com it gives me a range from $66,400 - $72,700 as of August 28th. But Tesla just gave me an offer of $55,800 on my order page. So weird. KBB shows between $70-75k as fair trade in value.

Anyone else experienced the same? I feel like its not accounting for FSD or somethingView attachment 846181
Tesla tries to screw everyone that owns one of their cars by insulting them with a "non-negotiable" trade in value well below market trade. I figure they do this to screw you since prices of your vehicle have probably increased by $10k since you ordered. They just make it up be killing you on your trade and selling it for a nice juicy profit.

Reactions: TJPDX
VINNER, VINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!

Very spontaneously just now, got a text, telling me that my VIN is assigned and lo and behold, not only is it assigned but my EDD is now Sept 2-Sept 8.

How do I look up the build date data for my VIN, again? 7SAXCBE53NF3595XX

View attachment 846229
The May no vinners club is getting smaller and it feels good. Congrats!