Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's face it, I'll bitch about anything and everything until they give me my X. I've been waiting 425 days on a car that when I ordered it I was told would be ready in 180 days. Meanwhile I'm driving around in a gas guzzler with no air conditioning and every day has been hot this summer. So every week when I'm filling my car with triple digit gasoline, and every time I show up to my destination sweaty, I curse Tesla and their production schedule.
My Tesla theme song: I can’t Get no satisfaction. I can’t get no satisfaction.

Reactions: Elixir
This is the first time I hit my date range since July 2021. Is that a good thing?

Attachments

• 2A10BE92-5D45-4F12-BEB7-47520A59AF3F.jpeg
    2A10BE92-5D45-4F12-BEB7-47520A59AF3F.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 132
Finally had my Sentry Mode issue resolved. It hadn't captured ANYTHING since I received my MX in Feb 2022. It's gone in for multiple SC visits and no one could figure it out. I had to make time, take it to a busy lot (airport lot) and contact Tesla to troubleshoot it live. It took a lot to get this scheduled, but once they were able to check, they fixed it. I haven't received the 'answer' on how to fix it yet and if I do, I'll relay it. But know that if your sentry mode isn't working well, there is a fix.
What was the issue with your Sentry Mode? I had an issue that the Sentry Mode Live Camera only works about 10% of the time. Sometimes even if both the car and my phone have good signal receptions, the live camera failed to turn on. But since it still fully works for the rest 10% of the time, I am not sure if it is a problem with the car or with the server and whether it can be fixed or not.

Oh man! I remember when your EDD was only a week away, I thought for-sure you'd get it.
I know... I'm not crying I swear. I'm the idiot that sold my other vehicle back in March when my EDD was April. I told myself (and my family) we can make it by with one car until August... WELL my wife is pissed LOL. I've been in communication with my SA, but since sometime in August he stopped responding... It's just so frustrating seeing others with the exact same build have taken delivery already when I've been waiting almost 16 months.

I know... I'm not crying I swear. I'm the idiot that sold my other vehicle back in March when my EDD was April. I told myself (and my family) we can make it by with one car until August... WELL my wife is pissed LOL. I've been in communication with my SA, but since sometime in August he stopped responding... It's just so frustrating seeing others with the exact same build have taken delivery already when I've been waiting almost 16 months.
Don't worry you are not the only one i sold my Model Y in Jan this year when i was given Feb delivery date and my order date was 12th Jun 2021. Still my edd shows 15oct-10dec....

Just got VIN'ed last Sunday and taking delivery this Saturday in Fife, WA. Ordered in July 21 and my EDD bounced like crazy and it was a wild ride for the last 6 months. My delivery date moved at least once a week for the last 3 weeks before it was VIN'ed. It has been a looooong wait and I am very excited! Will post some pictures once I get it delivered.

As soon as I get it, it will be full body PPF'd, tinted, and wrapped in a matte rose gold (my wife's choice, not mine. It is her car after all).

Hang in there everyone without a VIN yet! It will happen!

Took delivery of my MX Plaid on Sunday. WooHoo!! Good news: Drives like a dream. Fit and finish seem fine.

Not so good: The driver’s side door and FWD are not consistently opening as they should. I saw a couple of handwritten notes that both had failed their inspection, but they didn’t fix before delivery. Mobile SC scheduled.

We also are having an issue with HomeLink. It programmed fine but won’t open either of the two gates/doors. It is broadcasting but no pickup. Has anyone had this issue?

Compared my new 2022 to previous 2019 Model X.

Refreshed is much faster, handles tighter, rides smoother, better put together, better display, better sound system. Improved invisible air vents, automatic gear engagement, air-conditioned seats, more room in the hatch, lighter weight, Ludicuis mode, much less wind noise, no rattles, better headlights, like the blacked out trim look over chrome (more environmental too), faster charging, automaticallyraises up over bumpy sections of road, yoke really opens up the interior feeling, lighter and thinner charging cable, falcon wing doors open almost 1 second quicker (4 seconds), quicker responding display, quieter and better looking interior. Had it less than a month, but it is a much improved car.

This is the first time I hit my date range since July 2021. Is that a good thing?
I ordered in April 2021 and have hit my date range 3x only to get a new EDD for a later date. My last date range was 8/25-9/6 but on 8/26 it changed to 9/5-9/26. It went from 2 week range to 3. I’m beyond frustrated and wish I had another car to buy.

I ordered in April 2021 and have hit my date range 3x only to get a new EDD for a later date. My last date range was 8/25-9/6 but on 8/26 it changed to 9/5-9/26. It went from 2 week range to 3. I’m beyond frustrated and wish I had another car to buy.
Yeah it’s beyond annoying at this point. I’m 11 days from my EDD and it’s the closest I have ever been. Obviously I’m not trying to get too excited because we hear story after story of people hitting their EDD and then having it move again. Currently a 5 week range

We also are having an issue with HomeLink. It programmed fine but won’t open either of the two gates/doors. It is broadcasting but no pickup. Has anyone had this issue?

You probably need to program the new homelink against the garage door opener. There's probably a "learn button" (purple or yellow) that you need to hit and then hit the button in the car within 30 seconds.

You probably need to program the new homelink against the garage door opener. There's probably a "learn button" (purple or yellow) that you need to hit and then hit the button in the car within 30 seconds.
Yes I had the same problem and this was the route cause. Need to get back in the car quickly and push the connect button (forget the exact name of the button) within that 30 sec after you hit the learn button on your garage door opener or it doesn’t catch, even though the car will say that it did.

That issue with the screen is weird. I'd have to double check mine but i'm pretty sure the battery display is not half cut off like that. I wonder if that is a physical screen alignment issue, or a software configuration issue. Maybe they have some guard band that they can configure.
I think I found the issue - the panel under the dashboard isn’t fully snapped in, so it’s covering part of the screen. Scheduled a service appointment - probably could fix it myself just by pushing down on it but don’t want to break it.

Reactions: Prairie