Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of light do you have in your garage door opener? I know there was a thread a few weeks back about someone having issues with LED lights in the opener that interfere with the signal.
I have an LED bulb, but it caused no programming or reception issues with my Model 3. I’ll keep this in mind if I am unable to get homelink working, but I’m not in a rush to go old school on the bulbs.

Also, I haven't seen anyone post about this, but Tesla just e-mailed me a $200 promo code for the Tesla shop to be used toward a charging solution (either $200 off a wall connector, or to purchase a mobile connector, which costs $200). Is this new?
They told me that would happen with mine, but I never got the promo code. When I took delivery there was a cable in the frunk which is what I wanted anyway. I wondered if it was included because it would have been at the time I ordered.

Reactions: daftskunk
May 7, 2021 order
I hate it here
I'm sorry, that sucks. I have a hard time believing that new estimate is accurate.

Sigh, EDD got pushed from 08/30 - 09/19 to 09/17 - 10/08.

Original order was late May, Plaid Blue w/ white interior and 20s, no FSD or EAP. I'm wondering if its my configuration - is the blue an unpopular or low-production color?
It is kind of the opposite. It is an average popularity exterior color, but for some reason they have been producing way more of them (percentage-wise) than any other color. I wonder if they just did a huge batch of blue and you missed out on it. You can see we currently have no pending deliveries of any blue cars, unlike every other color. The main issue is you are east coast so you likely missed the delivery window for Q3, and you will hit the beginning\middle of Q4 instead.
1661970741809.png

Also, I haven't seen anyone post about this, but Tesla just e-mailed me a $200 promo code for the Tesla shop to be used toward a charging solution (either $200 off a wall connector, or to purchase a mobile connector, which costs $200). Is this new?
That is the new thing. For old orders that are supposed to get a mobile charger, they instead give you $200 credit in the store. Then you can either buy the mobile charger with the $200 credit (but get boned from the sales tax), or you can use the money towards something else like a Wall Connector.

Graduation Day!!! Couple minor issues passenger fw door 95% aligned, scratch on same door handle, trim piece for tailight keeps falling off was just sitting in trunk space. Otherwise no issues and drives like a dream! Definitely worth the 471 day wait. View attachment 845584View attachment 845586View attachment 845588View attachment 845589View attachment 845590View attachment 845592
ive lost this piece of my trunk lid already... the cover for the inner tail light is held on by velcro which the glue melts in hot weather leaving only the velcro pieces stuck together behind... wtf was tesla thinking?

I'm sorry, that sucks. I have a hard time believing that new estimate is accurate.

It is kind of the opposite. It is an average popularity exterior color, but for some reason they have been producing way more of them (percentage-wise) than any other color. I wonder if they just did a huge batch of blue and you missed out on it. You can see we currently have no pending deliveries of any blue cars, unlike every other color. The main issue is you are east coast so you likely missed the delivery window for Q3, and you will hit the beginning\middle of Q4 instead.
View attachment 847517

That is the new thing. For old orders that are supposed to get a mobile charger, they instead give you $200 credit in the store. Then you can either buy the mobile charger with the $200 credit (but get boned from the sales tax), or you can use the money towards something else like a Wall Connector.
Actually, the sales tax zeroed out when I applied the code (I also expected to still be on the hook for it). With shipping also free, my total cost was $0.

View attachment 847636
Tesla seems to be messing with me today. Im also not going to check the app anymore 😵‍💫
Oh man, some intern is really having a blast messing w. Your account! Two changes in one day?! At least its back earlier with the Oct month 👍🏾.

Also, I dare you to not check the app multiple times a day, if you’re anything like the rest of us, that’s like fasting from food or water as far as this forum is concerned :)

Last edited:
My X would never capture anything via Sentry Mode. My previous Tesla, a Model 3, had zero issues with Sentry Mode. I tried troubleshooting it by doing random tests on my own and it wouldn't capture anything. I changed the Hard Drive, and nothing. The 10% success rate you have is much better than what I had. It's now back to near 100%.
Are you on FSDbeta 2022.12?

Reactions: kriskros91
Ugh, I’m sorry, that’s odd for a May 2021 order to have such a late range. Was the range earlier before or always around this time frame? I dont blame you for “hating it here” given the late delivery estimate.

My order range from June 2021 order tightened a bit today to Sep 17th-Oct 22nd from sep 16th-Oct 28th, hopefully a good sign. Some of these late estimates do worry me that it may be pushed back possibly too :\
Mine tightened today as well but no forward movement.
8/10: Oct 17 - Dec 12
8/31: Oct 29 - Dec 10

May 2021 order, 7 seater (everything else standard), Colorado.