Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just some updates etc. Delivery center in Cleveland was great understood only have 100 miles to find defects and had 120 mile ride hom They let me inspect inside and out as long as I wanted. Spent about 45 min. Only 1 other Delivery at the time. No other X I could see readily available but didn't check whole lot.
1) Most all things fixed including door alignment, seatbelt buckle they was below rear most seat, scratch on handle was just glue, left is new trim dor Right FWD he said they do use 2 sided tape for these....wtf? And the tailight cover we're waiting for replacement but already scheduled mobile service for 09/07.
2) For driving compared to 2021 MY. Yoke....such a non issue was little worried but get used to it pretty quickly. Something I actually live are blinker buttons. I can hold yokenw 1 hand and blinker w that hand so much easier. Tight turns are a little more difficult at first but within a week you get the hang of it.
3) Ride quality is great. So much quieter. I know some ppl mentioned a sound by there ears I say make sure ventilated seats aren't on that makes a noticeable noise. ANC works but you have to have head close to headrest to notice it.
4) Love suspension and setting auto suspension high for driveway lips, speedbumps, etc.
5) I got charger, no fobs and kept Model Y charger as well.
6) Don't miss energy graph w newer software the range predicted is actually accurate if not slightly over cautious. Even checks if you are charging your phone to predict range. Can use trip to see watt/mi but Haig not really eeded. As said before when gps in ise has constant showing of estimated energy remaining on arrival.
Did they tell you if the tail light cover is a new redesigned piece or the same as the current piece? Because if it’s the same then it’ll just fall off again. Looking at your previous pics I can see the two velcro pieces stuck together on the trunk lid. You’re better off reattaching the velcro piece meant for the tail light cover trim with some superglue so it doesn’t fall off. Dumb solution but it’s working for me so far

So there is an eecu in Texas and one in California. That’s where the issue was. I called the Texas one and they said you need to be in Texas. Calling the one in California now.
I believe other people have checked and the one in Cali also requires you to be a CA resident. I believe DCU in Maryland only requires being a member of one of their associated groups, which is just a small donation to join. They generally have good rates, and lots of people here have used them. I thought about it, but I ended up finding a local CU that had better rates because they were slow to adjust to the fed rates :)

Thought I'd give a quick update on my MX that was delivered a week ago. Car drives great, LOTS of instant power, several annoying rattles that sound like they could be from the FWD's. Service appointment planned for next week.

Unfortunately, yesterday the AC stopped working! There have been several times where the AC didn't feel very cool, but usually resolved on it's own. The issue yesterday is that the fan blows for 10-15 seconds then stops for another 10 seconds, endlessly repeating the process. Going to try to "power down" the car to see if that resolves it. I'm not holding my breath...

• Funny
Reactions: Eskimo YoYo
3B9B5EE8-3D68-49D0-8936-1FD3FA51BFEF.jpeg

3/13/21 order just VINned. This Vulcan might just emotion 🖖.

LR, 6 seat

Pickup in Savannah, GA.

It’s been a wild ride. Will due my civic duty and share photos when I pickup.

Few ones in new inventory that matched what I was looking for, so decided to jump on them rather than wait until Nov-Jan for my Plaid order. The one that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow is a MSM with cream interior. I could wait 2 weeks and have one with white interior. My S Plaid has the blue/white exterior interior combo and I may try the cream for a change and still get that lightish interior. I don't like it with the wood grain but with carbon fiber, it might be OK. TBD.

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
Few ones in new inventory that matched what I was looking for, so decided to jump on them rather than wait until Nov-Jan for my Plaid order. The one that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow is a MSM with cream interior. I could wait 2 weeks and have one with white interior. My S Plaid has the blue/white exterior interior combo and I may try the cream for a change and still get that lightish interior. I don't like it with the wood grain but with carbon fiber, it might be OK. TBD.
If you want carbon fiber accents inside, you have to buy a Plaid. LRs only come with wood accents

Did they tell you if the tail light cover is a new redesigned piece or the same as the current piece? Because if it’s the same then it’ll just fall off again. Looking at your previous pics I can see the two velcro pieces stuck together on the trunk lid. You’re better off reattaching the velcro piece meant for the tail light cover trim with some superglue so it doesn’t fall off. Dumb solution but it’s working for me so far
Taillights were redesigned for the refresh.

So my RN1164... Ordered 02/2022. It is a LR White/White 22" 6 seater.

It shows October 6 - November 20. We live in SE FL. I guess that delivery date is a total nonsense. I mean there is no way this will be here by October while others who ordered mid 2021 are getting deliveries now. Right?
I ordered in May 2021 and have an Oct 23 - Dec 4 EDD. Take it for what you will. Also live in Florida, albeit Central Florida.

Ordered March 2021. Was supposed to finally take delivery last weekend. When I arrived, I pointed out major ripples in the second row seats (as if they had not been properly stitched). Tesla said they would try to repair before I accepted the car. Today got a call that they could not get the ripples out and they are "within spec" according to the service team (and they therefore could not order new ones). For what it's worth, the store manager agreed with me that they looked pretty bad. Consequently, I ended up rejecting the VIN. Any idea how long it usually takes to get a new one? I very much hope that Tesla does not somehow cancel my order, as I locked in pricing long ago!

Ordered March 2021. Was supposed to finally take delivery last weekend. When I arrived, I pointed out major ripples in the second row seats (as if they had not been properly stitched). Tesla said they would try to repair before I accepted the car. Today got a call that they could not get the ripples out and they are "within spec" according to the service team (and they therefore could not order new ones). For what it's worth, the store manager agreed with me that they looked pretty bad. Consequently, I ended up rejecting the VIN. Any idea how long it usually takes to get a new one? I very much hope that Tesla does not somehow cancel my order, as I locked in pricing long ago!

Why can't they spend $400 to replace the seat instead of trying to nickle-and-dime the buyer of their flagship luxury car? Tesla's customer service never ceases to amaze me for its dysfunction.

Why can't they spend $400 to replace the seat instead of trying to nickle-and-dime the buyer of their flagship luxury car? Tesla's customer service never ceases to amaze me for its dysfunction.
Agree, it's very frustrating. If they had agreed to replace the seats, I would have taken delivery. But they were just really bad...and it's not like it was just one of them - both were terrible. Hoping I can get another VIN soon!

Husband drove the car home yesterday. Other than the slightest misalignment on the passenger side FWD, its pretty flawless. I absolutely love the yoke. As my first Tesla, I am getting accustomed to everything fairly quickly and its a dream to to drive. My previous car was a Lexus and there’s no comparison. My first choice prior to considering a Tesla was the MB GLS. So happy I agreed to wait for the X. For those of you with wives who are getting impatient, tell them its worth it.