Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
excuse me! but that's a joke 😇 sun will fix it!?? Here they told me that the whole glass thing needs to be replaced and that's a bigger issue...
I think they're trying to lighten as much reported issues as possible
Maybe the picture orientation has me confused. On mine when door is closed the rubber sticks up and is on top of roof rear trim panel (black piece between rear glass and FWD) instead of seated below it like other side but barely (1-2 mm). I was told the sun will shrink it over time and it will settle in. It is listed as an issue on my acct so if is a bigger issue I suppose I can always escalate but since nothing leaks, no air leaks, and I don't see any rubbing I'm going to let it ride for now.

This epic, awesome, helpful thread has hit many milestones over the last 14 months including over 30,000 posts on over 1,500 pages. It's about to hit another milestone with 3 million views...incredible!

One of the recurring themes is folks fearing they will be the last one here and they will be tasked with turning out the lights. This led me to be curious about whether the pace of posting comments was slowing. It isn't slowing as shown in the graph below. I'm still convinced I'll be the last to get my X 😁.

View attachment 789289

I last posted this graph at page 1800. The pace has slowed slightly but this is still a very active thread as it has been for over 19 months. It has been a great source of information and moral support for those of us who have been waiting for what seems like forever.
Thanks to the contributors and congrats to the vinners.

1662334016295.png

Thank you all who were with me in the past year. I am graduating from this thread.

I have a fix on 9/9 as indicated in the attached image. The driver-side falcon door seems to align not well. I will let you guys know how the service goes.

After one week of driving 300 miles, it was pretty similar to my old Q7, in terms of size and handling. However, my wife, as a passenger, feels dizzy/car sick. The seats are not as comfortable as Q7. My wife loves the huge windshield.

Energy consumption is about 280 wh/mile, since I drive relatively fast (75 or above on highway). A calculation of 30 mpg car using $4/gal gas is equivalent to 500+ wh/mile. So, I am OK with such consumption.

Autopilot is wonderful, and my wife loves it. I got enhanced autopilot, which I think is totally unnecessary. The plain autopilot is actually all I need since I do not live in a large city.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for a delivery. Hope you get no issue at all. If there is anything strange about the car, or the service, I will let you know.

Attachments

• IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Reactions: snappy1 and TJPDX
Long time lurker, first post (kinda nice to be on page 2000 :)
Ordered on 3/22 LR Blue/Black/20

On 8/29, my EDD suddenly changed to 9/12-10/1, although it's too good to be true and million people says without a VIN it means nothing but that still hyped me up instantly. And of course 2 days later it went back to 12/15/22 - 2/9/23.

Anyone had a similar fun ride?

Thank you all who were with me in the past year. I am graduating from this thread.

I have a fix on 9/9 as indicated in the attached image. The driver-side falcon door seems to align not well. I will let you guys know how the service goes.

After one week of driving 300 miles, it was pretty similar to my old Q7, in terms of size and handling. However, my wife, as a passenger, feels dizzy/car sick. The seats are not as comfortable as Q7. My wife loves the huge windshield.

Energy consumption is about 280 wh/mile, since I drive relatively fast (75 or above on highway). A calculation of 30 mpg car using $4/gal gas is equivalent to 500+ wh/mile. So, I am OK with such consumption.

Autopilot is wonderful, and my wife loves it. I got enhanced autopilot, which I think is totally unnecessary. The plain autopilot is actually all I need since I do not live in a large city.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for a delivery. Hope you get no issue at all. If there is anything strange about the car, or the service, I will let you know.
The dizzy/carsick feeling is exactly the same that I had when we got our first X. It took almost 2-3 weeks for it to go away. Think its a combination of how you drive with regen and the large windshield. She’ll get used to it

Long time lurker, first post (kinda nice to be on page 2000 :)
Ordered on 3/22 LR Blue/Black/20

On 8/29, my EDD suddenly changed to 9/12-10/1, although it's too good to be true and million people says without a VIN it means nothing but that still hyped me up instantly. And of course 2 days later it went back to 12/15/22 - 2/9/23.

Anyone had a similar fun ride?
Yeah, 2000 pages worth of similar rides! :)

I had a VIN am for the last few days….I gave Tesla $73,000 and finalized loan paperwork with the VIN and submitted it yesterday. My delivery window with the VIN was Aug 25-29th. I wake up this morning and my VIN is gone and it says Sept 9-Oct 14th???? Can they do that? WTF? I emailed Tesla and will call and text shortly. I want my money back if this is the case and how am I suppose to rework my 3rd party loan….I am furious right now. Anyone ever seen or heard of something like this happening?
Update…..my EDD was sept 4th-25th and I was promised a new VIN soon after they explained to me that my last VIN was pulled bc of extensive repairs off the factory line? Sept 4th came and went and today it pushed back to Sept 8-27???? My first loan payment is Sept 25th????? Do I just sit quiet and continue to wait or start making calls? This is beyond ridiculous….the car is paid for and when I go to my app it says you owe $0 yet I have nothing!

Reactions: Turbotaurus
As frustrating as it is, you’re probably better off hanging tight for a better-built car. Mine was delivered early July and even with a thorough inspection before accepting, there were issues that came later. The car has had 5 service appointments. What you read about folks’ experiences with service centers are true - they fix something and something else gets damaged and the vicious cycle continues. I don’t fault the guys at the service centers as they seem overworked. The truth is that these cars aren’t meant to be “fixed” after they come off the line. You’re asking for trouble if you try to have them taken apart to fix or adjust, which I found out the hard way. I just got her back yesterday and everything seems solid, finally, for now, lol. The car is a dream to drive nonetheless. Good luck!

As frustrating as it is, you’re probably better off hanging tight for a better-built car. Mine was delivered early July and even with a thorough inspection before accepting, there were issues that came later. The car has had 5 service appointments. What you read about folks’ experiences with service centers are true - they fix something and something else gets damaged and the vicious cycle continues. I don’t fault the guys at the service centers as they seem overworked. The truth is that these cars aren’t meant to be “fixed” after they come off the line. You’re asking for trouble if you try to have them taken apart to fix or adjust, which I found out the hard way. I just got her back yesterday and everything seems solid, finally, for now, lol. The car is a dream to drive nonetheless. Good luck!
You are definitely right and I do not want to push and get a subpar production….so I guess I’ll wait and make payments on a car I don’t have lol. Only for Tesla and us die-hards would put up with all this.

You are definitely right and I do not want to push and get a subpar production….so I guess I’ll wait and make payments on a car I don’t have lol. Only for Tesla and us die-hards would put up with all this.
It probably doesn’t hurt to call them and remind them you have already made the payment. I think we all wish they remember all of our individual circumstance, but they won’t. I doubt anyone actually realizes you have already paid. It might just look like you are waiting for a car. I would call and ask.

Reactions: JBTMX
First time posting, but have been watching this thread for a long time.

June 2021 LR order. Black/black/22”/6-seater/FSD. Seattle

I’ve been in my EDD range 5 times — including 4 times in the past 2 weeks, then today (again, 2-days inside my EDD range), my EDD pushed to Dec 2022-April 2023. Still no VIN. I did get the trade in text back on August 8.

Any hope I still get my MX before end of quarter? It seems like the Dec - April range is more of a place holder.

Here’s a recent history of my EDDs (a few changes were not captured, but close enough). I was so hopeful with this amount of adjustment and narrowing with date range so close that I was for sure on the verge of my VIN! So disappointed to see it push out so far again!
  • On March 10 | EDD: March 11-March 31 (first time I hit my EDD range)
    • Pushed out a few times between here and next milestone, but I didn’t capture each
  • May 19 | Dec 2022 - April 2023
  • May 21 | July 12 - Aug 23
  • May 28 | July 18 - August 29
  • July 4 | Sept 1 - Oct 27
  • August 8 | trade in text received
  • August 8 | August 20- Sept 10
  • August 21 | August 24 - Sept 13
  • August 23 | August 26 - Sept 14
  • August 27 | August 30 - Sept 20
  • August 31 | Sept 3 - Sept 20
  • Today (Sept 5) | December 2022 - April 2023