Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with rear facing car seats have a solution for a back seat mirror to see the kids? I have a typical one that straps to the headrest but because the seat+headrest on the 6 seater is one solid piece I don't think there is a secure way to attach it.
For anyone else running into the same issue I ended up buying this and attaching it with the suction cup to the top glass of the FWD. Only had it for a day so far, but it seems relatively solid, and it is pretty light so probably not going to do too much damage if it falls off. I need to duck a little to be able to see it in the read-view mirror but it is good enough to check if the kid is sleeping or not.

1662928863357.jpeg

Heads up for anyone interested, seeing the first Model X Plaids showing up in inventory now in Florida and California Zip Codes 31001, 33101, 94203

Sacramento area

Jacksonville

Miami

Reactions: neo1738
6/20/21 Order, LR/Blue/Black/6/20/NoFSD, current EDD 9/16 - 10/21, trade in text received on 9/8/22. San Diego delivery.

Since I'm probably on the verge of a VIN, I'm working the trade-in. My current X is 2018/75D/White/Black/6/20/FSD/20Kmiles which I bought when my lease ended on 12/21 for $55K. Offers I have received:

Tesla $69,300 (expires on 10/8/22), previous Tesla offer was $78,500 (expired on 8/29/22). OUCH!
Carvana $64,301
Vroom $57,500 (they must be drunk)
Carmax wants to see it before quoting but I'm not optimistic given the other 3rd party offers

I will probably go with the Tesla trade-in providing I can get the new X before my offer expires next month.

Reactions: Hebert
6/20/21 Order, LR/Blue/Black/6/20/NoFSD, current EDD 9/16 - 10/21, trade in text received on 9/8/22. San Diego delivery.

Since I'm probably on the verge of a VIN, I'm working the trade-in. My current X is 2018/75D/White/Black/6/20/FSD/20Kmiles which I bought when my lease ended on 12/21 for $55K. Offers I have received:

Tesla $69,300 (expires on 10/8/22), previous Tesla offer was $78,500 (expired on 8/29/22). OUCH!
Carvana $64,301
Vroom $57,500 (they must be drunk)
Carmax wants to see it before quoting but I'm not optimistic given the other 3rd party offers

I will probably go with the Tesla trade-in providing I can get the new X before my offer expires next month.
Seems like a function of selling price, I can't see what Vroom is trying to sell vehicles at but Tesla has a 2018 Model X 75D with 44k miles and FSD listed for $83.4k

Carvana has a 2018 Model X 75D with 47k miles for $73k, not sure about FSD

Obviously gotta go with the Tesla offer to look out for your best interests, but they'd be making even more profit margin than Carvana if you take these prices at face value

Reactions: bitmap
After driving the new X for two weeks now, figured I’d leave one final post here on what’s changed (or not) from my initial impressions, in case helpful for folks as they get their cars. Overall, I absolutely love it and feel it’s the best splurge purchase I’ve ever made. That said, there are so many “normal” driving habits you need to change that it takes a while to acclimate.

At first I thought the yoke was stupid, now I would say it’s fine. The big game changer was setting steering to standard mode instead of sport. Loosens it up for easier one handed driving, and the “hooks” at the top left and right of the yoke help with one handed turning. The horn sucks - needed to use it the other day and pushed the center like I’ve been doing for decades, not sure why they would chance such a safety critical thing. Wipers control could also be better - basically need to use to different buttons to operate it. Why not enable multiple taps of just the main wiper button to move from auto to faster wiping speeds? Free view of the dashboard is a very nice plus of the design.

My biggest initial gripe was no Apple CarPlay, and that’s still my biggest gripe. Tesla’s interface is good but that’s not the issue - the issue is that it’s so much better to have phone integrated with car than not. Using Bluetooth is slow and clunky, and misses half the features. There’s a lot of stuff I use on my phone that I don’t want to duplicate in the car (or isn’t even available in the car).

Second and third row leg room is not as much as I thought it would be. We have to do a little dance to get 6 people (4 teen/preteen kids) in the car. Will have to see how comfortable it is on a road trip.

I was really looking forward to FSD (and autopilot in the meantime) but now I have to say that was money wasted - not because it’s vaporware but because I love driving the car myself so much. The speed and acceleration is unworldly. It’s so easy to speed in this thing without blinking I’m worried about keeping my license lol. And the ride is so smooth. I’ve been volunteering to do every errand that involves driving somewhere and take the kids to every event lol.

The audio is also amazing, especially for watching tv/movies.

Auto park is great and fast. Haven’t been able to get smart summon (or regular summon) to work yet though :-(.

Autopilot is overall good. It’s a little annoying that on city streets you can’t go more than 5mph over speed limit with, it since traffic may be going much faster than that, but agree it’s probably good for safety.

Don’t buy this car if you don’t like attention. Falcon wing doors attract a lot of attention and working perfectly so far (hope I don’t jinx it).

Follow the delivery checklist closely. I was so giddy to finally get the car that I skipped some steps that caused extra work for me later.

Best of luck getting you cars soon. As is now cliché but true, it’s worth the wait.

I got impatient with the fact that I'm still in a Oct - Dec window even though according to our spreadsheet 75% of July 2021 orders have been VIN'd, so I texted my SA and they just replied with the usual copy/paste message that paraphrased says "screw off, you'll get it when you get it".

I swear, Tesla acts like they're doing me a favor selling me this six figure car

I got impatient with the fact that I'm still in a Oct - Dec window even though according to our spreadsheet 75% of July 2021 orders have been VIN'd, so I texted my SA and they just replied with the usual copy/paste message that paraphrased says "screw off, you'll get it when you get it".

I swear, Tesla acts like they're doing me a favor selling me this six figure car
Hey! Don't be jumping the line. May 3 2021 order here. I've been stuck on Oct 14 - Nov 25 for a few weeks now. Still hoping I get EOQ VIN. I sent my SA a few emails late August, he just doesn't even respond to me anymore lol

It is beyond infuriating. Not once in all of my conversations with SAs, or anyone else at Tesla since we placed our order in May 2021, has anyone said "I'm really sorry about the extreme amount of time it is taking for us to get your car to you."