Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! Don't be jumping the line. May 3 2021 order here. I've been stuck on Oct 14 - Nov 25 for a few weeks now. Still hoping I get EOQ VIN. I sent my SA a few emails late August, he just doesn't even respond to me anymore lol
Same. Talked to my SA recently for the 1,000th time and he is telling me he sees an estimated VIN date of Oct 20, with an estimated delivery around Nov 6. We'll see I guess. Still beyond crazy.

Same. Talked to my SA recently for the 1,000th time and he is telling me he sees an estimated VIN date of Oct 20, with an estimated delivery around Nov 6. We'll see I guess. Still beyond crazy.
Makes me laugh at these baked responses. I remember back when my delivery date said July and their response was the exact same leading up to that EDD. Looks like your build is on track for delivery in that July timeframe.... blah blah blah Basically they have no idea. I know its getting close though, I just hope its sooner rather than later. I'm starting to think my wife is going to murder me in my sleep and my friends and family joke that I don't actually have an X on order... haha

Makes me laugh at these baked responses. I remember back when my delivery date said July and their response was the exact same leading up to that EDD. Looks like your build is on track for delivery in that July timeframe.... blah blah blah Basically they have no idea. I know its getting close though, I just hope its sooner rather than later. I'm starting to think my wife is going to murder me in my sleep and my friends and family joke that I don't actually have an X on order... haha
We have a very similar experience it seems. Additionally we'd hoped that this car would arrive before a road trip we need to take at the beginning of October. But alas it will not. I'm fully expecting them to call me half way through that road trip to tell me I have to pick it up in three days or forfeit it. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Kitt9000
We have a very similar experience it seems. Additionally we'd hoped that this car would arrive before a road trip we need to take at the beginning of October. But alas it will not. I'm fully expecting them to call me half way through that road trip to tell me I have to pick it up in three days or forfeit it. 🤣
These are things of nightmares folks. Pretty sure I've had 2 or 3 with the same storyline in the last month alone.

Reactions: Elixir
Hey! Don't be jumping the line. May 3 2021 order here. I've been stuck on Oct 14 - Nov 25 for a few weeks now. Still hoping I get EOQ VIN. I sent my SA a few emails late August, he just doesn't even respond to me anymore lol
Hey! Don’t be jumping the line! 😛

March 23 / 2021 order here. EDD just moved back to October to November.

Question is - end of which qtr. 🙄

6 days after receiving the "Do you have a trade in text", my delivery range tightened from 5 weeks to 3 weeks. Only one or two more range changes and my wait will be over. I'm guessing/hoping I will be one of the masses accepting a car right at the end of the quarter.
Did you respond to this text? I got this yesterday not sure I should respond as I don't have anything to trade in, would be happy to sell on Carvana or Carmax.

Hi all - I just had a delivery set for Burbank, CA next week for my X. Its going to be under my wife's name but she can't make it to the appointment. Any idea what I need to take w/me to pick up for her? Also what's the best way to pay the portion that I am not financing through Tesla - and how long does it take Tesla to finish up w/my credit application? Much appreciated!

So I just got a txt asking if I'm paying in full for my X and to reply "confirm" OR which method of payment I'm using. I replied back saying that I decided on Tesla financing, and asked them how best to proceed. No response so far from them...sigh. I hope they're not pushing back orders for people that are choosing to finance....is that a thing? 😬

Last edited:
What is the latest on removing FSD?
I'm in the FSD beta on my model S and the weeks of Elon / WholeMarsBlog hype on 2022.69.x had me thinking it would be worthwhile, but alas driving with FSD isn't worth the $10k (let alone the current $15k)

Has anyone cancelled FSD without having their date pushed back? Is the best way via button or "Jorge'?
Thanks

What is the latest on removing FSD?
I'm in the FSD beta on my model S and the weeks of Elon / WholeMarsBlog hype on 2022.69.x had me thinking it would be worthwhile, but alas driving with FSD isn't worth the $10k (let alone the current $15k)

Has anyone cancelled FSD without having their date pushed back? Is the best way via button or "Jorge'?
Thanks
Don’t know if there is a definite way of knowing if that changes EDD.

I added FSD earlier this year and then removed it to add EAP. Then added it back recently.

My logic was - at $8k (original pricing benefit), it adds $15k to the car’s paper value in the future when you sell it. Otherwise enhanced autopilot is enough functionally.

YMMV.

Also, to add, it was easily done online. To remove you have to email [email protected]

Don’t know if there is a definite way of knowing if that changes EDD.

I added FSD earlier this year and then removed it to add EAP. Then added it back recently.

My logic was - at $8k (original pricing benefit), it adds $15k to the car’s paper value in the future when you sell it. Otherwise enhanced autopilot is enough functionally.

YMMV.

Yes good point. Will also help replacement costs in case the vehicle is totaled by insurance. Just starting to realize after 5 years that FSD isn't all that it was made out to be.

Reactions: dalfry
So I just got a txt asking if I'm paying in full for my X and to reply "confirm" OR which method of payment I'm using. I replied back saying that I decided on Tesla financing, and asked them how best to proceed. No response so far from them...sigh. I hope they're not pushing back orders for people that are choosing to finance....is that a thing? 😬
I just got the same text.
I’m a June 2021 order with EDD of Oct 4 - Nov 15, delivery in Los Angeles

I just got the same text.
I’m a June 2021 order with EDD of Oct 4 - Nov 15, delivery in Los Angeles
Very cool! I think the LA deliveries are gearing up, maybe your etd will move up or u may get a vin sooner than what they are saying! Are u financing and if so what did you txt back? Just wierd that no one responds when you txt back anything. It’s almost like it’s a bot we’re messaging back. I don’t know, but hopeful vin comes sooner than later !

Just remove it via the button. It should not impact delivery time frames. I just got the the new beta build this morning. Still crap. Slow to accelerate, stops either too early or late enough to feel like I'll go through the windshield, super timid making right hand turns. That was just in 5 minutes of driving.