Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the following text last night: "Hi Kelryin, we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model X in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time."

Seems a bit odd to receive texts in the evening, but I replied back saying I was ready. It seems like other folks received a text yesterday as well. This morning my EDD changed from Nov 4 - Dec 30 to Sep 17 - Oct 8. I really hope it's not like my Model S delivery, where I only had 48 hours to secure financing and get insurance updated.

My passenger FWD has done the same thing a couple times. Took it in to service and they said they couldn't reproduce the issue. If it keeps happening record the exact date\time and include that info when you request service, otherwise they probably will do nothing about it.
I had the exact same issue and the SC was able to fix it. The root cause is that the FWD was slightly misaligned so every time when it was closing it would slightly scratch the rear trim around it, making it think it is hitting something. Let your SC check the FWD alignment.

I received the following text last night: "Hi Kelryin, we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model X in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time."

Seems a bit odd to receive texts in the evening, but I replied back saying I was ready. It seems like other folks received a text yesterday as well. This morning my EDD changed from Nov 4 - Dec 30 to Sep 17 - Oct 8. I really hope it's not like my Model S delivery, where I only had 48 hours to secure financing and get insurance updated.
Don't do that , don't give me hope with my Oct - Dec EDD.. congratulations to you!

Reactions: phasemargin
I had the exact same issue and the SC was able to fix it. The root cause is that the FWD was slightly misaligned so every time when it was closing it would slightly scratch the rear trim around it, making it think it is hitting something. Let your SC check the FWD alignment.
Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure that is the case on mine. It was stopping before getting anywhere near the body of the car.

Seems like the production line has shifted over to 6 seaters based off of the VINs. There goes any chance of getting my 7 seater for the next 3 months.

Crazy how Tesla prioritizes orders, based off of configuration, production line, location. Order date is least important.
While I imagine they do build in batches by seat count I haven't seen any clear indications of that impacting the frequency of VIN assignments now or in the past (after they were actually producing all three). There are just WAY more 6 seat orders than any other config so there are always more of those getting assigned. Six seaters look like they are at a higher percentage in the sheet, but that is because they are biased by the Plaids that only come in that config, and have priority. Seven seater VIN\delivery rates are a bit lower because they were playing catchup from starting production last.

The only thing I've seen really out of whack lately is the large number of blue orders fulfilled compared to other exterior colors.

Did you make the change by emailing [email protected]? They didn't seem to be very responsive...
Just been texting this number, for anything: 15103690818

Screenshot_20220913_180926.jpg

I stopped by Tesla DC in hope that I can see my MX for exterior inspection before my delivery tomorrow but only find other 7 MXs ready for delivery, mine is still at offsite lot and will be transport later today. There is a MX owner was picking up his who waited for 18 months. Hang in there guys, many out there are still waiting more than 15 months for the LR.

Picked the car up today.
I was there ontime but the car was not.
It was at an offsite lot so I had to wait with my little kids for at least 20minutes for them to go fetch it which was super annoying.
Weather was crappy so it was hard to check stuff in the pouring rain but overall seemed ok-ish.
No charger or Fobs (expected but still not pleased with Tesla weaseling out of this stuff)
The vehicle prep was so-so, it had plastic protection still on the dash and screens, floor mats installed poorly or upside down, lots of glue from stickers inside and out, masking tape still inside the car, other tape on the exterior, the wheel inserts were not installed.

So other than those non existant customer service annoyances, there are only a few mechanical things needing fixed.

HVAC Vent in the 3rd row has NO airflow from the Left, but some airflow on the Right side. So I put a ticket in.

Doors.
-FWD on the right side doesn't sit flush when closed, too rainy to take a picture today but I will take one later.

-The front drivers and passengers doors require MUCH more force to close than on my 2018 P100D.
The P100D doors will power all the way closed with a gentle push.

On the new X its almost like you have to slam the doors to get them to close, or else they don't get close enough to suck themselves shut the rest of the way.

Does anyone else here have really hard to close doors?
Or does anyone else have an old and new X and feel the same/different?

Thanks guys, what a crazy long ride this has been.
The car does drive much better than my P100D, more agile feeling like the model 3

X doors are way heavier than p100D, i had a p100D as a loaner. that is normal.

Finally vinned - 7SAXCBE54NF362XXX. 5/21 order. SoCal. LR, 6 seater, FSD.

Delivery 9/24-9/30

What are peoples' thoughts on FSD vs EAP? I have FSD at $10k seems like for the $4k difference vs EAP I should just keep it?
I have FSD on the Model Y. It's ok. It's impressive for what it is trying to do but I don't really use it. So for the MX order, I didn't buy it. I MIGHT buy EAP though as I do find it useful on longer drives.

Finally vinned - 7SAXCBE54NF362XXX. 5/21 order. SoCal. LR, 6 seater, FSD.

Delivery 9/24-9/30

What are peoples' thoughts on FSD vs EAP? I have FSD at $10k seems like for the $4k difference vs EAP I should just keep it?
For me, EAP has the functionality that I actually use most every drive. I don't use the extra features in full FSD. Maybe one day they will become useful, but they have not in the 4 years I have had FSD on my 2018 X.