Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally vinned - 7SAXCBE54NF362XXX. 5/21 order. SoCal. LR, 6 seater, FSD.

Delivery 9/24-9/30

What are peoples' thoughts on FSD vs EAP? I have FSD at $10k seems like for the $4k difference vs EAP I should just keep it?
I have FSD on a M3, even latest release isn't trustworthy.
I have a 2022 MX, waiting 3 months for FSD, even with Safety Score of 97, still hasn't arrived. Figured $10K vs $12K was a deal but after 3 months of the SS dance, tired of it since it could go on for months.

I have a MY on order to replace to the M3. I just took FSD off and left it with EAP.
Fool me once, twice, but not a third time. Even $10K vs $15K, I can't justify it.

EAP is all you need. It has the lane change feature too.

Finally vinned - 7SAXCBE54NF362XXX. 5/21 order. SoCal. LR, 6 seater, FSD.

Delivery 9/24-9/30

What are peoples' thoughts on FSD vs EAP? I have FSD at $10k seems like for the $4k difference vs EAP I should just keep it?
Had FSD on 2018 Model 3 and 2020 Model Y. Used FSD (mostly AP autolane change) on combined 130K miles over 4 years and FSD Beta when first released.
Happy to have used FSD functionality for what it can offer then and whatever 130K miles on FSD contributed to improving it, BUT was sad to have paid $15K (total for 2) the day I let go of the cars since I can't transfer to any new Tesla.

Did not get FSD on replacement Model 3 and Model Y but still subscribe from time to time ($199 ~ every 6 months) AND find that I am as much, if not, happier I get to use FSD (beta also) too without first dishing out $10K.

YMMV tho.

Last edited:
EAP is actually really good. Freeways I think are much more structured so it does really well on that. Phantom braking is still a thing, though I don't experience it that much. It might be worth the
Disappointingly my EDD has been pushed to 11/12-1/7 now. I wonder if this is a placeholder because just yesterday we got our second trade in text and a call from Tesla asking for trade in. I was going to hit my EDD in 5 days. Well that is seriously annoying.
My bet is you will get something end of Sept. You need to be ready to be rushed.

If you need something NOW - there are 11 inventory MXP https://ev-cpo.com/ right now... if you fancy one of them, you can probably call and get one of these assigned to you now.

Reactions: Elixir
Hard to believe that as we approach the end of Q3 2022 there are tons of unfulfilled Model X orders from Q3 2021, and a not insignificant number of unfulfilled from a first half of 2021. I was really expecting that by this point Tesla would have ramped production enough to be only 365 days backlogged. They recently said that there’re not battery constrained anymore, so what gives? Are they sandbagging?

I have FSD on a M3, even latest release isn't trustworthy.
I have a 2022 MX, waiting 3 months for FSD, even with Safety Score of 97, still hasn't arrived. Figured $10K vs $12K was a deal but after 3 months of the SS dance, tired of it since it could go on for months.
You re not alone. I just got FSD Beta 10.69.2 on my model 3, and have also been trying for three months to get it on my new X. I had been running with 100 for weeks, but got knocked down to a 99, with a following too closely violation (which I don't understand, since it happened with autosteer active). I had FSD Beta on my 2018 for nearly a year.

One encouraging thing though, the version I now have on the Model 3 is 2022.20.15. The version I have on my X is 2022.20.8, which means my X is in the same series, but numerically lower the the version I just got on my 3. So maybe soon? I hope so. I really want the ability back to have the car respond correctly to traffic signals, even if I am not navigating to a destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: golferguy
Disappointingly my EDD has been pushed to 11/12-1/7 now. I wonder if this is a placeholder because just yesterday we got our second trade in text and a call from Tesla asking for trade in. I was going to hit my EDD in 5 days. Well that is seriously annoying.
Hang in there. There are people who have ordered 1 year before you and still haven't gotten the VIN. It's just how TESLA works. :oops::rolleyes:

Hang in there. There are people who have ordered 1 year before you and still haven't gotten the VIN. It's just how TESLA works. :oops::rolleyes:
Thanks for the support. I know I should be more grateful that I have had a short EDD but still stings when it is taken from you. I'm hoping for a snap back of my delivery date to still get a Q3 car. Though maybe the Q4 cars will have automatic frunks at least since the app seems to suggest those are coming soon.

My EDD was Sept 11 - Sept 17 and 3 days now into that window waiting for a VIN to roll off the production line in Fremont my EDD has just shifted to November 9 - January 4. Welp, maybe matrix lights will be available then and the price will drop. This company sometimes... it'll just throw all of the accessories into the closet and think about this again in Q4. *Sigh*

Plaid, Black/White, FSD, 20"

• Disagree
Reactions: timberlights
My EDD was Sept 11 - Sept 17 and 3 days now into that window waiting for a VIN to roll off the production line in Fremont my EDD has just shifted to November 9 - January 4. Welp, maybe matrix lights will be available then and the price will drop. This company sometimes... it'll just throw all of the accessories into the closet and think about this again in Q4. *Sigh*

Plaid, Black/White, FSD, 20"
Did you ever get the text saying that your car is being built in September and to make sure all pre-delivery tasks have been completed, or no?

Did you ever get the text saying that your car is being built in September and to make sure all pre-delivery tasks have been completed, or no?

VIN was assigned on Sept 8 but that VIN was produced ~August 3: someone's reject/fail to take delivery. It was scheduled for delivery to me at Vallejo SC on September 15. On September 9 to avoid taking this reject, I asked for the delivery location to move to Fremont. That wiped the VIN and reset the EDD to 11-17 where it's been sitting until just now.