Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ask your SA or text the sales team. They'll typically answer if the VIN has been previously rejected by a customer.
I texted the number from which I received the delivery day message and they responded literally within a minute.

Our VIN 7SAXCBE53NF361XXX is showing up as manufactured on 9/11/22 @ 10.40 PM pacific time. So it was matched to our order AFTER manufacturing?

Picking up tomorrow.

I texted the number from which I received the delivery day message and they responded literally within a minute.

Our VIN 7SAXCBE53NF361XXX is showing up as manufactured on 9/11/22 @ 10.40 PM pacific time. So it was matched to our order AFTER manufacturing?

Picking up tomorrow.
So.... They randomly changed delivery date to Sunday without notification and this was 4.45pm today. I just happened to notice in the app the date change.

Messaged the same number as above and got a call within 2 mins. Told them I can just pickup today to be done with this long process. This was 5pm. They close at 6. They said sure! but still have to drive the car from the manufacturing parking area to delivery center. One hour needed. Wait for SMS text.

The automated delivery message with car's parking spot at Fremont delivery center came at 5.55pm. Rushed and reached there by 6.40. They waited for us, we were the last delivery of the day. Which was nice of them. But no way to open car to check. They closed the delivery center after we stepped out and left us to find the car, inspect from outside and accept delivery on the app.

So, the car is sitting in our driveway now. One thing I did not know was that garage door opener is included with the X. I am guessing it is the same as S as well. Our Y from last year did not come with it.

- Before driving out from factory delivery center, right falcon wing door and passenger door won't open all the way because of a phantom obstacle. Once home, everything was fine. Will test tomorrow with the driveway incline.

- Third row seats have wrinkles. One of them really bad.

- Highway speeds - feel more vibration than our previous X. Previous X had tires chewed up early and unevenly because of wheel misalignment. So this feels like the same.

Opened service ticket for this Thursday, which was initially home service, then they switched to Fremont service hub drive-in.

Overall, great to be back in an X. No other major fit and finish issues. Doors are heavier than previous X. Driving back home, I was totally confused with all the touch buttons, etc. Had to figure out how to even enable autopilot.

Switching between our Y and this X is going to be interesting every day. I keep trying to grab the non-existent top part of the steering wheel. But I am not complaining.

Will sleep happier tonight.

Picked up Plaid X yesterday. EDD details below.
Everything looks pretty good except for 1 FWD alignment issues. I initially wasn't going to worry about it (I don't tend to sweat 2mm differences) but occasionally the lower trim appear to touch when closing so I put in a ticket.

One reminder: factory reset your car. In my excitement, I walked in before I remembered to reset the car. In the literal 2 minutes to took me to turn around, they had already taken the car off my account. I asked them to do it remotely, but evidently, they didn't do it because they had to call me asking for the PIN to drive. Haha. Told the wife, this will teach 'em. I think this is going to force to to do a reset now.

June 6, 2022 - Order - Initial EDD Range August - October
June 23 - July 31 - Sept 11
June 24 - VIN Assigned 339939 (June 26 - July 2)
June 25 - VIN rejected. (June 26 - July 2); Account on Hold
July 06 - August 19 - September 30 (6 weeks)
Aug 09 - August 27 - September 17 (3 weeks)
Aug 23 - September 6 - September 27 (3 weeks)
Aug 31 - September 12 - September 16; VIN’d
Sept 1 - September 7 - September 13
Sept 6 - September 16 @ 12 noon
Sept 16 - Delivered @ Noon

Reactions: dalfry and Hebert
Picked up my LR 6 seat, no FSD yesterday in burbank CA - 17 month wait. Its been two years since I had a MX. My first X was a 2016 signature edition. Fun fact: It was built in December 2015 and had a sticker of something like $140k.

Under no circumstances would they let me in the vehicle prior to hitting accept on the application, I spoke with multiple people including a manager. They said they would take it back on the spot if there was a reason to reject. I was unhappy about this but still proceeded as the exterior looked good. No gaps, doors aligned, seals good, paint good. Inside the vehicle was great. The interior looks and feels luxurious. No complaints there.

Only issue still pending is one of my falcon doors has an issue fully closing about 25% of the time. It almost closes and then stops. They tried to tell me something about sensors, calibration etc etc and it wasnt an issue. I told them I had it happen 5 times just in the lot. So they took it in the shop and recalibrated the doors. This still didnt fix it. By then I had been there almost three hours and had to leave. Ill deal with it post delivery.

Overall, happy with the car, quality and the drive. Was it worth the wait.... idk. If I wasnt price protected I probably would have gone another direction.