Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is everyone handling the mobile chargers for your trade in? I used the $200 code to order a new mobile charger, but its backordered.

I am thinking it's not a big deal to keep the mobile charger since Teslas don't come with them anymore.
It is an accessory, its Yours to do with as you see fit if you need it keep it if it’s going to collect dust on a shelf no point, in my opinion

Reactions: Hebert
My EDD for the 7 seater changed and shortened to 3 weeks now. It was sep 21-oct26 --> dec3-jan28 --> sep 18-oct7.

My FSD is $10k, think it's worth it at that price or drop it? Other ways to hedge against it is to put 10k into Tesla stock? If FSD does work out, the 10k in Tesla stock should appreciate over the cost of FSD itself? If FSD doesn't, at least the 10k in Tesla should still have some return.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
My EDD was pushed from 9/13-10/4 to 11/2-12/14 last Tuesday and then all the sudden got VINNED on Thursday with the vehicle already in local SC. Based on the VIN number, it was an earlier manufactured (likely mid-august) and was confirmed by SA that it was not rejected by another customer.

Today when I called local SC and asked about the vehicle, initially I was told that I could actually drop by today and pick it up. But upon looking, she put me on hold and later told me that they were still processing the last inspection step and would get back to me in a few days.

This sounds to me like something is wrong with the vehicle. Does anyone else had similar experience or hear similar story?

My EDD was pushed from 9/13-10/4 to 11/2-12/14 last Tuesday and then all the sudden got VINNED on Thursday with the vehicle already in local SC. Based on the VIN number, it was an earlier manufactured (likely mid-august) and was confirmed by SA that it was not rejected by another customer.

Today when I called local SC and asked about the vehicle, initially I was told that I could actually drop by today and pick it up. But upon looking, she put me on hold and later told me that they were still processing the last inspection step and would get back to me in a few days.

This sounds to me like something is wrong with the vehicle. Does anyone else had similar experience or hear similar story?

You can maybe make a surprise visit and ask to have a look and maybe discuss the car on-site?

Reactions: wilsonEV
I called the local Tesla line and spoke to a representative. Was worried my VIN may be a little old since it is a 360XXX. It is sorta old - I was told it was 9/2/22 build but I guess grand scheme of things it'll have all of the most up to date features I bet. I think these cars are made in batches either by color or drivetrain (or some combination) so mine was just off the line at that time. Funny enough I was visiting the Bay Area and passed near Fremont around the time it was built (Labor Day time).

Anyway we are gonna work on seeing if trade in with Tesla is not a super low ball attempt and otherwise getting insurance set up. What are most people's premiums like for 6 months of coverage on a MXLR or MXP?

Appreciate for the great suggestion! Will probably stop by tomorrow. On the other hand, how long does a car usually stay in their lot before delivery? It's hard to believe they are actually doing any inspection at all! 😆
Usually only a day or two. But they do have to clean it up, so folks are all over the vehicle, getting it ready to deliver. Teslas are an incredible mess when they get off the truck or train.

I called the local Tesla line and spoke to a representative. Was worried my VIN may be a little old since it is a 360XXX. It is sorta old - I was told it was 9/2/22 build but I guess grand scheme of things it'll have all of the most up to date features I bet. I think these cars are made in batches either by color or drivetrain (or some combination) so mine was just off the line at that time. Funny enough I was visiting the Bay Area and passed near Fremont around the time it was built (Labor Day time).

Anyway we are gonna work on seeing if trade in with Tesla is not a super low ball attempt and otherwise getting insurance set up. What are most people's premiums like for 6 months of coverage on a MXLR or MXP?
Why do you think it is old? It was built two weeks ago. Most new cars on a dealership lot are months old. I am not trying to be a jerk but wondering why you feel it is sorta old? I don’t think logistically it can get much newer. I mean by that account my end of August build is ancient. Haha.

Add me to the list of long suffering delayed deliveries. I just got a notification from Tesla that my LR X with VIN is being delayed because of a train issue. I am in the DC area
Pending rail strike was delaying train schedules nationwide over the last two weeks. Settlement was announced Thursday that will avoid a nationwide strike. I would check again to see if your delivery is back on schedule. Hope you get your new X soon. My waiting time seems to be 1-year. Ordered in June, 2022, EDD is March - June 4th, 2023.

Reactions: Evfan0630
Why do you think it is old? It was built two weeks ago. Most new cars on a dealership lot are months old. I am not trying to be a jerk but wondering why you feel it is sorta old? I don’t think logistically it can get much newer. I mean by that account my end of August build is ancient. Haha.
Yeah after more thought about it I do agree it is new and I was just being snobby lol. I just thought oh it's the 17th today and that's the 2nd so what's the car been doing for 15 days. I guess in truth it takes some time for the car to be built and then officially registered before it gets loaded onto a truck for cross country travel.

Iono I'm just giddy today. We have everything done and just need to schedule delivery now!

Reactions: Philip_Seattle

My W/W/5/20 was built on 9/2 too! 9/2 must be W/W day. I am surprised mine wont be delivered till 9/18 though in SoCal. Earlier this year, it only took 4-5 days from built to delivery for my MY.

Yeah after more thought about it I do agree it is new and I was just being snobby lol. I just thought oh it's the 17th today and that's the 2nd so what's the car been doing for 15 days. I guess in truth it takes some time for the car to be built and then officially registered before it gets loaded onto a truck for cross country travel.

Iono I'm just giddy today. We have everything done and just need to schedule delivery now!

I just picked mine up Friday. Not sure where you are at, but I am in Houston. So it took them roughly 2 weeks to get it built, load, shipped, and delivered to me. I could have picked it up I think as early as Thursday. So 2 weeks is really the norm I think.

Reactions: snappy1
Hi guys! I ordered a Model X LR a few weeks ago. I honestly can't wait 6-12 months for delivery. It seems to be that long...? From what i've read, Plaid are getting delivered much sooner. Is it a thing? I'm really considering changing my order for a Plaid. Advice?