Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys! I ordered a Model X LR a few weeks ago. I honestly can't wait 6-12 months for delivery. It seems to be that long...? From what i've read, Plaid are getting delivered much sooner. Is it a thing? I'm really considering changing my order for a Plaid. Advice?
I don’t know anybody who got theirs in as little as 12 months! Most of the LR’s being delivered right now are May/June 2021 orders…

Reactions: pathetique
Order queye seems to shorten quite fast, so i don't think it's a year to wait anymore.
If you look at spreadsheet, whole backlog is eaten away at october and after that i assume there can be quite normal delivery times.
My guess is 2-3 month in US and 3-4month to Europe.

My EDD hasn't moved and stayed steady for quite some time
Oct 12 - Nov 23

Hopefully this comes true.
Order date Jan 2022 LR
Gray with cream seats 5 seater SoCal

Same here. I’ve been at October 9th-November 13th for a while. We ordered at roughly the same time with the same config. This does give me a little hope the EDD holds but I’m ready to have my heart broken haha!

Reactions: RC51 Tofuman
I called the local Tesla line and spoke to a representative. Was worried my VIN may be a little old since it is a 360XXX. It is sorta old - I was told it was 9/2/22 build but I guess grand scheme of things it'll have all of the most up to date features I bet. I think these cars are made in batches either by color or drivetrain (or some combination) so mine was just off the line at that time. Funny enough I was visiting the Bay Area and passed near Fremont around the time it was built (Labor Day time).

Anyway we are gonna work on seeing if trade in with Tesla is not a super low ball attempt and otherwise getting insurance set up. What are most people's premiums like for 6 months of coverage on a MXLR or MXP?
Great question re: insurance. My quote was $176 per month with Progressive (MD Suburbs).

Anyone else got any numbers to throw out there?

I picked up my June 3, 2021 order on Friday September 16th. You guys - it is SO worth the wait! I picked up at the Littleton location in Colorado and the car was unlocked and they gave us as much time as we wanted to look everything over and then Alex spent an hour going over things since it was my first Tesla. It was just such a pleasant experience and the car really is wonderful to drive. Wishing you all the same experience that I had.

Order queye seems to shorten quite fast, so i don't think it's a year to wait anymore.
If you look at spreadsheet, whole backlog is eaten away at october and after that i assume there can be quite normal delivery times.
It is hard to say how accurate that it. There are way less orders in the spread sheet after July '21. It could be because the order volume went down, but I believe it is in large part because people that have more recent orders are way less likely to go through the trouble of putting their info in the sheet. I think that partly shows in the VIN and delivery rates for this quarter. Based on the sheet it appears there is a WAY smaller push for deliveries this month compared to last month of Q2. I find that hard to believe is actually the case in terms of their production, so my guess is there are lots of people getting cars and not having their order in the sheet.

It does look like the recent orders have skewed more towards the plaid as the LR price was increased, and since those deliver much faster, it might mean there are less LRs waiting, though.

I find it pretty hard to believe that they’ll suddenly go from 15 month typical wait to 2-3 month unless the rate of orders for LR just fell off a cliff after they raised the price in the second half of 2021.

Reactions: tierneyalvin
Great question re: insurance. My quote was $176 per month with Progressive (MD Suburbs).

Anyone else got any numbers to throw out there?
I got maxed out coverage for the most part but chose to keep my collision and comprehensive deductible high at $999 + $0 glass for comprehensive, and $1999 collision. With this I got ~$1000 for 6 months with Progressive.

Reactions: Maudelecks
My EDD hasn't moved and stayed steady for quite some time
Oct 12 - Nov 23

Hopefully this comes true.
Order date Jan 2022 LR
Gray with cream seats 5 seater SoCal
Happy to see your EDD is getting close and all, but also frustrating to see my June 2021 order’s EDD is so far behind your on Nov 7 - Jan 2 in the same city. Are Tesla just prioritizing people who will be paying higher price?

Last edited: