Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The site going down can mean only one thing:

ConsciousImportantBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

We're all going to get VIN's as soon as the site comes back online!

My car delivery scheduled for Sep 25, sun! Super excited but had a question for your guys. I also posted this in the 7-seater thread but maybe someone has experience with this.

We live in a condo and unfortunately have to use the NEMA 5-15 (standard home outlet) plug for charging - which at least its free for us to use for the moment as per our building (although our HOA is high enough where I dont feel bad using up electricity to charge the car). Where the X will be parked, the mobile connector (which my wife now uses with her 3) is just a bit too short to reach the charge port - any experience people may have on getting a reliable extension cord that I can use that would be safe and not lose charge? Any experience/advise is greatly appreciated of course!!
Is the cord exposed to the weather at all, as in will it get rained on? If not then any heavy duty short extension cord will be fine. 12 gauge minimum, 10 gauge would be better. Usually you can find them made for window air conditioners. But look closely at the outlet, see if it might be 5-20 instead, the larger hole might take a horizontal pin, good for 20 amps.

Nice. Congrats!
How about the HVAC vent for the 3rd row? Many complain it barely works.

I'll check it out this afternoon but I think it was working fine when we sat in the garage testing things on Saturday evening.
I sat in the 3rd row again tonight and confirmed the right vent is working fine but there's nothing coming out of the left vent. We'll add that to the service ticket. Thanks for mentioning it!

Reactions: Elixir and RoBoRaT
Just got a VIN! Ordered June 2021

Question - how do I go about switching to a Tesla financing (changed it to cash last year because I thought that was holding me up!). I responded to the initial text message but haven’t heard back.

Secondly, how do i let them know I’m trading in a Tesla. I cancelled the trade in request to “finalize” my order last year, again thinking that would be my hold up. . Thanks.

Vinned!!!!!

Question. Can I switch from cash to financing by texting the 510 number back or do I email order support? Also, there’s no chance that can screw up my order, right?

I just responded to the text from Tesla. It took them an agonizing day or so to get back to me, but then they were very responsive after that.

Finally vinned and taking delivery this Thursday! 🥳

Can someone please remind me what Tesla's policy is with defects found on a recent delivery? If I remember correctly, I remember hearing that there was a grace period to report defects but can't remember the exact timing.

Also, any other delivery advice is welcomed. I've already copied over the checklist to my phone, but thinking of trimming it down to must-haves, assuming there is that grace period.

June 2021 order. LR white/black 7 seater. EDD is currently Oct 4 - Nov 15. Just got this text but no VIN. When can I expect VIN after this text?
Thank you all in advance. Hoping and wishing a VIN comes shortly.

Hi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model X in September.

Please log in to your Tesla Account and make sure your pre-delivery tasks are complete and correct. We will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.

Last edited:
June 2021 order. LR white/black 7 seater. EDD is currently Oct 4 - Nov 15. Just got this text but no VIN. When can I expect VIN after this text?

Also what’s the most recent financing rates in CA with good credit? And what is the term on that?

Thank you all in advance. Hoping and wishing a VIN comes shortly.

Hi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model X in September.

Please log in to your Tesla Account and make sure your pre-delivery tasks are complete and correct. We will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.
Just got the exact same text. Also in CA. EOQ push looks like.

Reactions: Houpty