Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edd now Oct 6 to Oct 27 so no end of quarter push for me. Oh well!
Just had a similar update in the last 30 minutes or so. I went from an Oct 23 - Dec 4 EDD to an Oct 4 - Oct 25 EDD. I guess I figured out the way to get that EDD changed / narrowed though. For anyone interested in the secret I'll let you in on it. Come close...

_whispers_: Schedule a road trip, for which you'll be using your trade-in vehicle for the trip. This will cause them to move your EDD so that it completely encompasses the dates of said road trip.

Just got this text but no VIN. When can I expect VIN after this text?

Hi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model X in September.
Uh, given it is the 21st, then in the next 9 days? Be prepared to take delivery super quick after getting the VIN. If you are doing 3rd party financing you might want to check if they can get everything prepped without the VIN.

Reactions: Houpty
June 2021 order. LR white/black 7 seater. EDD is currently Oct 4 - Nov 15. Just got this text but no VIN. When can I expect VIN after this text?
Thank you all in advance. Hoping and wishing a VIN comes shortly.

Please log in to your Tesla Account and make sure your pre-delivery tasks are complete and correct. We will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.
I got a sort of similar text last week, got into the start of my last EDD window (Sep 17 - Oct Oct 8), and the my EDD got pushed to Nov - Dec earlier this week.

June 2021 order. LR white/black 7 seater. EDD is currently Oct 4 - Nov 15. Just got this text but no VIN. When can I expect VIN after this text?
Thank you all in advance. Hoping and wishing a VIN comes shortly.

Please log in to your Tesla Account and make sure your pre-delivery tasks are complete and correct. We will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.
Mostly these texts are sent during EOQ push. Hopefully, the VINs will pop up soon.

Hey all. Question for you all:
June 21 reservation with current EDD (no VIN) Oct 9- nov 13. This will me my wife’s vehicle and is a MSM LR version. My wife saw a black X 2 days ago and has been suggesting we change colors to black ever since. Am I pressing my luck to change to black with Jorge at this point? Or leave it alone?
Thanks!

June 21 reservation with current EDD (no VIN) Oct 9- nov 13. This will me my wife’s vehicle and is a MSM LR version. My wife saw a black X 2 days ago and has been suggesting we change colors to black ever since. Am I pressing my luck to change to black with Jorge at this point? Or leave it alone?
Thanks!
I don't think there is any risk on changing it. It might impact your delivery date, but it could make it sooner or later, hard to say. If it is later, I don't think it will be a big difference.

Reactions: EV3_ and Jwalker9
Thanks!
The experience with TESLA is not that great. In past, we have seen people doing it. However, I would be a little cautious since your EDD is close. It may or may not push the dates out. I would recommend if the dates are pushed further then you can surely try. But this is purely my opinion. I have had one case with my friend whose delivery was pushed out due to a change in color as TESLA was not building that configuration at that time.

I got a sort of similar text last week, got into the start of my last EDD window (Sep 17 - Oct Oct 8), and the my EDD got pushed to Nov - Dec earlier this week.
They sent your X to Denver.

Inventory:

Screenshot_20220921_191303.jpg

20 day wait instead of 500? It’s pretty obvious what Tesla thinks of the Plaid people versus the LR people 🙄
I've seen just about every single color combo of MX Plaid as an inventory vehicle at this point. In the same period of time, I've only seen one Model X LR as inventory (in my least favorite color combo to boot), and it had an accident disclosure on it.