Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. Question for you all:
June 21 reservation with current EDD (no VIN) Oct 9- nov 13. This will me my wife’s vehicle and is a MSM LR version. My wife saw a black X 2 days ago and has been suggesting we change colors to black ever since. Am I pressing my luck to change to black with Jorge at this point? Or leave it alone?
Thanks!
I had a Blue LR on order from March '21 and when the EDD narrowed to a 3 week window, we changed to white, hoping it would delay slightly since we were going to be out of the country 2 of the 3 weeks. I made the change in person with someone at the KC service center to ensure I didn't have any issues. It really didn't impact the delivery and the car showed up near the end of the EDD window. But, there are others on the forum that made a similar change which did impact the EDD.

I had a Blue LR on order from March '21 and when the EDD narrowed to a 3 week window, we changed to white, hoping it would delay slightly since we were going to be out of the country 2 of the 3 weeks. I made the change in person with someone at the KC service center to ensure I didn't have any issues. It really didn't impact the delivery and the car showed up near the end of the EDD window. But, there are others on the forum that made a similar change which did impact the EDD.
Actually, changing to white may actually improve the delivery. White is by far, the most popular color, and the only “included” (no extra charge) color.

They sent your X to Denver.

Inventory:

View attachment 855477
They are really pushing FSD for inventory... unless these were rejected for whatever reason. I don't suppose we can negotiate removing FSD?

They are really pushing FSD for inventory... unless these were rejected for whatever reason. I don't suppose we can negotiate removing FSD?
You should be able to negotiate. I have asked (a year ago) and they said it can be removed.

You may have to incur transport fee ($1000) from Denver to your location, or ask to remove the $1200 destination fee.

Let us know how it goes, I maybe switching to Plaid and snag one of these inventory.

• Informative
Reactions: Hebert and Kelryin
Finally some movement in the EDD department. Was previously October 25 - December 20

F0196E38-ED1E-4E35-8D58-DAF574B0DBB1.jpeg

Hi Fellow Waiters,

I got an email on Saturday September 17 with the coupon for $200 off
on the Universal Mobile Connector with 5-15 and 14-50 adapters.
I ordered the UMC immediately, Tesla shipped it Monday, and I will
receive it by UPS tomorrow September 22, 2022.

So, they have them in stock and they are shipping them quickly...

Shawn

Hi Fellow Waiters,

I got an email on Saturday September 17 with the coupon for $200 off
on the Universal Mobile Connector with 5-15 and 14-50 adapters.
I ordered the UMC immediately, Tesla shipped it Monday, and I will
receive it by UPS tomorrow September 22, 2022.

So, they have them in stock and they are shipping them quickly...

Shawn
I saw Edwardsburg, MI in your profile image and had to do a double-take. I lived in Michigan for 25 years, drove all over the state. I thought I knew every city and town in the lower peninsula and yet and never heard of that town. Just looked it up, and evidently Edwardsburg makes Dowagiac looks like a downright metropolis! So are you going to be the only person in that town with a Tesla, let alone a Model X?

Reactions: timberlights
Hi @Fleetwood75 ,

Sorry you missed Edwardsburg in your travels.
We are population 1,259.
I have been here most of my life.
We are a couple of miles north of I-80/I-90 across from Elkhart, Indiana...
We used to have a fishing and tackle store "Lunker's" that made the village name better known.

I think I was the first in Edwardsburg with a Tesla Roadster Sport in December 2009.
Shortly after that another Roadster came to town...
Now there are quite a few Teslas in or around town.

Stop in next time...

Shawn

The VIN 7SAXCDE50NF363XXX dropped on my account from nowhere this morning. Ordered the LR 5-seat at the end of last July in Seattle area. The EDD has been changing frequently in the past few months. Scheduled delivery next week.

I sent a text message to request financing (instead of payment in full). Haven't heard back yet. Any recommendation where to get lower rate for the loan? Thanks!

I was ready to take delivery tomorrow morning on my MXP. I get a call from the service center tonight to tell me it is not going to happen because my vehicle is in "containment" with some issue.

The service center rep couldn't explain what the issue is or when I would be able to take delivery.

Tesla service has always been bad but to drop a bombshell like this a few hours before delivery, just indefensible. I shouldn't feel entitled but I do expect at least some common courtesy of an earlier heads up (I had arranged for the day off as my service center is a few hours away) and perhaps a slightly more informative explanation.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kitt9000 and Elixir
They will remove it if you request. They do seem to be pushing FSD and Tesla insurance these days, but they will accept a simple No Thanks to both.

I have Tesla insurance, it is cheaper but it nicks you on every little thing you do wrong and if you are in FSD and it slams on the brakes then surges forward like it does in bumper to bumper traffic it knocks your score down. It sucks.

Hi all you soon-to-be VINners, just popping back on here after 5,256 miles to say
1) Model X was definitely was worth the wait
2) FSD is (IMO) definitely worth getting. GET FSD. It’s not perfect but it is incredible and getting better by the day. Dealing with complicated roundabouts, left turns, bikes, people, busy intersections, and more, it is nearly human and frequently superhuman.

Cheers!
DA82A2EC-AE2B-4E78-8874-C947A302EDE8.jpeg