Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all you soon-to-be VINners, just popping back on here after 5,256 miles to say
1) Model X was definitely was worth the wait
2) FSD is (IMO) definitely worth getting. GET FSD. It’s not perfect but it is incredible and getting better by the day. Dealing with complicated roundabouts, left turns, bikes, people, busy intersections, and more, it is nearly human and frequently superhuman.

Cheers!View attachment 855937
Good to see you back here

The VIN 7SAXCDE50NF363XXX dropped on my account from nowhere this morning. Ordered the LR 5-seat at the end of last July in Seattle area. The EDD has been changing frequently in the past few months. Scheduled delivery next week.

I sent a text message to request financing (instead of payment in full). Haven't heard back yet. Any recommendation where to get lower rate for the loan? Thanks!
I got a great rate at Sound CU and they were pretty quick to process it. You need to go into a branch to do the final signing and they give you a check to bring to Tesla. The rates probably changed since the last rate hike, so not sure how they compare at the moment, but worth a shot. Was far better than BECU\FirstTech and other banks (3.09% a month ago).

Last edited:
I was ready to take delivery tomorrow morning on my MXP. I get a call from the service center tonight to tell me it is not going to happen because my vehicle is in "containment" with some issue.

The service center rep couldn't explain what the issue is or when I would be able to take delivery.

Tesla service has always been bad but to drop a bombshell like this a few hours before delivery, just indefensible. I shouldn't feel entitled but I do expect at least some common courtesy of an earlier heads up (I had arranged for the day off as my service center is a few hours away) and perhaps a slightly more informative explanation.
That sucks. I'm assuming it came off the train with some issue, so there was no way for them to know ahead of time, but maybe i'm given them too much credit :)

You should be able to negotiate. I have asked (a year ago) and they said it can be removed.

You may have to incur transport fee ($1000) from Denver to your location, or ask to remove the $1200 destination fee.

Let us know how it goes, I maybe switching to Plaid and snag one of these inventory.
Yesterday I placed an order on one of the ones in inventory after going through this site: Tesla inventory search in United States. I got a MXP, MSM, white int, 20", and FSD that was sitting in Salt Lake City, UT. VIN is NF361XXX and build date is Sep 13 with 6 miles on it (confirmed through text) . After placing the order online, I immediately texted Tesla that I wanted FSD removed. Strangely, they followed-up with a text saying it was available to pick up the next day but I told them I requested to have it sent to Long Beach and they said they'll update their records. They weren't able to merge the VIN onto my existing MXP red order, so now I have 2 RNs for MXP. As for the transport fee, it was noted in the order page that it would be $1000, however I received an updated MVOA that has FSD removed and the destination fee of $1200, so I think they might have removed.

EDD for the MXP MSM is Sep 25 - Oct 4, so I'm estimating it'll probably ready to pick up sometime early next week (2 - 3 days travel from Salt Lake City to LA, 1 day prepping). As for my other MXP red order, it's EDD still sitting at Nov 7 - Dec 19 but I think I'll keep it in until I get my MXP MSM.

One other interesting note: When I was searching through inventory, I did find one I wanted that was in the Bay Area in the late morning. By the time I got home, it was gone from inventory. A few more did pop up including a couple of LR models, but they weren't in the specs I wanted.

what was your LTV?
Putting 40k down. Here’s their terms:

approved with the following loan amount and rate:

· Term: 60 months

· Rate (new): 3.490%

· Rate (used): 3.740%

· Loan amount: $71,000.00

Possible rate discounts (you may take advantage of 3 out of 4 max) (0.25% each discount)

• Green Vehicle discount (Vehicle must get 35 mpg or more, and verified by our source)
  • Auto pay discount (an autopayment for loan must come from your FirstEnt checking account)
  • 80% LTV discount (If your loan amount is 80% or less than the value of the vehicle according to KBB)
  • MBIS discount ( If you have auto insurance through First Entertainment) – let me know if interested in a quote

I got an early delivery around an hour ago. I was worried about it being built for EOQ but it’s absolutely perfect. No paint or alignment issues. No squeaks or creaks like the one I sold. I couldn’t be happier! Good luck everyone, it’s worth the wait! (As long as they don’t double the battery/range next week 😬).
Congratulations, did your come with back pockets behind the seat ? We took delivery back in August our don't have it but I can see those in the pictures rending on tesla page.. Regardless I still love the Vehicle..

Hoping we all get retrofits offered for Matrix if or when it does happen... That is the only thing which has a chance in the near future, Maybe after CT hw4...

Congratulations, did your come with back pockets behind the seat ? We took delivery back in August our don't have it but I can see those in the pictures rending on tesla page.. Regardless I still love the Vehicle..

Hoping we all get retrofits offered for Matrix if or when it does happen... That is the only thing which has a chance in the near future, Maybe after CT hw4...
No pockets on my Sept build. It’s very easy to take the backs off and replace so I do hope Tesla offers it, even as a DIY. I’m doubtful on the Matrix.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I posted this in the 7-seater forums, but wanted to share with everyone here also! Thanks to everyone for such awesome support during this 15 month process!
———
Picked up the car yesterday, walked around for 20-30 mins looking over the car and no apparent issues that I can see! Everything seems aligned well, tightly put together, falcon wing doors really well aligned and function perfectly, panel gaps seem great! I was very pleasantly surprised. And car drives wonderfully overall!

Driving home from the Tesla center, I felt a bit strange with the Yoke, but mostly with straight line driving, it was fine really. My wife decided yesterday evening, however, we pick up a large furniture item from a semi-local store, which turned out to be a winding drive around some of the LA hills. This really made the lack of a round steering wheel apparent. I was really excited for something new in the Yoke, but I think it’ll take a bit of time to get used to having driven last night. We did get to see the flexibility of the 7 seater, as we had to fold down the second and third rows entirely to get the furniture item to fit! Day 1, and the 7 seat config flexibility came to use!

I was surprised at how useful the screen tilt is to be honest, just was much easier to glance at the screen while driving by myself from the dealership.
I’m still trying to see what my preferences are for the suspension tuning. The roads to the furniture store were less than ideal and really tested the suspension of the X, for that drive we used comfort mode. I prefer driving in sport suspension mode overall from my experience, X seems more planted down w/ some sporty intentions. Really a lot of fun in the sport suspension mode. Acceleration is fantastic of course no complaints there!

Just an awesome looking, awesome driving car, really was worth the wait!

Attachments

• 7C9AF57E-7A3B-4FD2-9E2F-5BB2F89C2D86.jpeg
    7C9AF57E-7A3B-4FD2-9E2F-5BB2F89C2D86.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 2B4C0F1F-F15B-49F7-AE6C-8DC64DB7692E.jpeg
    2B4C0F1F-F15B-49F7-AE6C-8DC64DB7692E.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 9E124981-FA85-4E5E-9F83-2A53DB730B5F.jpeg
    9E124981-FA85-4E5E-9F83-2A53DB730B5F.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 1C5DF52B-BD35-405F-947A-CAD5CDCC1E4D.jpeg
    1C5DF52B-BD35-405F-947A-CAD5CDCC1E4D.jpeg
    622 KB · Views: 77
  • C0DA91A8-616B-4431-8D03-F91C5C3B9DEC.jpeg
    C0DA91A8-616B-4431-8D03-F91C5C3B9DEC.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 73
I got an early delivery around an hour ago. I was worried about it being built for EOQ but it’s absolutely perfect. No paint or alignment issues. No squeaks or creaks like the one I sold. I couldn’t be happier! Good luck everyone, it’s worth the wait! (As long as they don’t double the battery/range next week 😬).
Congrats! According to the tracker all that's left from the January 2021 North American orders is some anonymous dude from Tennessee and jrjohnson8 from Detroit.

Hi all you soon-to-be VINners, just popping back on here after 5,256 miles to say
1) Model X was definitely was worth the wait
2) FSD is (IMO) definitely worth getting. GET FSD. It’s not perfect but it is incredible and getting better by the day. Dealing with complicated roundabouts, left turns, bikes, people, busy intersections, and more, it is nearly human and frequently superhuman.

Cheers!View attachment 855937
Did you get into the FSD Beta?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr