Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to my scheduled pickup today for my Model X Plaid MSM. Saw a huge door ding on the passenger side door and rejected. There were some paint scuffs, but that door ding totally killed it. Back in line I go. I'm going to reserve an R1S. I did not even bother inspecting the inside.

Tesla! Come on!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9C696F1A1510-1.jpeg
    IMG_9C696F1A1510-1.jpeg
    962 KB · Views: 144
I went to my scheduled pickup today for my Model X Plaid MSM. Saw a huge door ding on the passenger side door and rejected. There were some paint scuffs, but that door ding totally killed it. Back in line I go. I'm going to reserve an R1S. I did not even bother inspecting the inside.

Tesla! Come on!!!!
I can't even imagine how they would think that anyone would accept such crap!

Tesla! Come on!!!!
That's terrible, really is a crap expectation on Tesla's part to deliver a car with a ding like that. You have a plaid order so hopefully not too long for another one to come along hopefully!

It’s here! In my possession! MX long range, 5 seater, blue, cream interior, standard wheels, FSD, tilt screen. Went through two checklists and it checked out perfectly after 2:5 hrs of inspection. 463 days waiting. Delivery was real frustrating involving distance, three states, multiple prmises, etc. it was moved from Kansas City to Council Bluffs Iowa SC at no charge to me, saving me about 160 mile drive. Only 68 miles. had to pay in full before even seeing it due to state laws. But did not have to accept delivery until after I inspected it. SC in Coucil bluffs gave good intro to operating it, adjusted everything(seats, mirrors, etc) and set up profile, set up phone app and fob. I had very high anxiety level during delivery process due to lack of communication about timing of it all and a lot of logistics I needed to coordinate. Wound up taking a limo for $100 from Lincoln NE to Council Bluffs, IA. In 7 days, Ill take it on 2500 road trip scheduled months ago. Let the good times roll! See you around. Spreadsheet has been updated.

Will I get a check from the bank? The delivery is scheduled next Thursday. I only have a 3 business days. Wondering if I have enough time to work with any banks which don't have local branch.
I got the text to expect delivery this month but haven’t received the vin yet so not 100% sure. They opened my account in 24 hours and said they work with Tesla all the time and deal with the fire drills daily. They will send you a photo of the check and paperwork to clear pickup with Tesla. So I think they can handle a very quick turn around without going in physically and getting a check. Call them. They were so helpful over the phone.

Got mine on Friday, scheduled for Thursday, but delays in trucking from Fremont.

Painless, home delivery and pickup of my old X. Build quality is vastly improved over my '21. SO QUIET.

ANC says calibrating @ 80%, not sure how that works.
ANC doesn't do much. But there are some types of noises it helps with, mostly tire slaps on concrete pavement. It takes 15 to 30 minutes to calibrate itself at the beginning of each drive. Then will remain on for the duration. Most people will not be able to tell any difference, on or off. But the sound quality in general, is vastly improved over previous models. The voice for spoken navigation instructions is much easier to understand at lower volume levels.

Did you get into the FSD Beta?
Yes and it’s the opportunity of a lifetime!!! I love it so much. It can even drive from a parking lot. Like, it makes a reasonable path out of the parking lot to the road!

It is not perfect but it is getting amazingly good. Like, really good. It goes around road construction. It moves over for trucks approaching on a two lane road. It moves over for bikes on the side of the road. It’s nearly human in most cases, and definitely superhuman in a number of situations.

Reactions: snappy1
Yes and it’s the opportunity of a lifetime!!! I love it so much. It can even drive from a parking lot. Like, it makes a reasonable path out of the parking lot to the road!

It is not perfect but it is getting amazingly good. Like, really good. It goes around road construction. It moves over for trucks approaching on a two lane road. It moves over for bikes on the side of the road. It’s nearly human in most cases, and definitely superhuman in a number of situations
Tips on how to get in the program?

Tips on how to get in the program?
Other than the keep your safety score high recommendation, I don’t know what else.

I mean, I did ask Elon on Twitter (and if you ever read this bro, I really appreciate FSD beta, let alone your ideals, inspiration and work).

Edit and I think I read recently on Twitter that FSD beta is soon going to be released to everyone with safety score >80, which is a super low bar. So you’ll most likely get yours soon! Cheers!

Reactions: Edtreo
Other than the keep your safety score high recommendation, I don’t know what else.

I mean, I did ask Elon on Twitter (and if you ever read this bro, I really appreciate FSD beta, let alone your ideals, inspiration and work).

Edit and I think I read recently on Twitter that FSD beta is soon going to be released to everyone with safety score >80, which is a super low bar. So you’ll most likely get yours soon! Cheers!
Thank you for popping in now and again to share you your experiences, your positivity helps keep the dream alive lol.

I too want to try out FSD on a subscription basis and was wondering, after I click the subscribe button, does the 100 mi AP drive start or do they count the previous 100 mi driven in the last 30 days?

Thank you for popping in now and again to share you your experiences, your positivity helps keep the dream alive lol.

I too want to try out FSD on a subscription basis and was wondering, after I click the subscribe button, does the 100 mi AP drive start or do they count the previous 100 mi driven in the last 30 days?
That’s a very interesting question and I’m sorry I don’t have the answer! But I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t do FSD beta subscription until it’s wide release….