Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like i didn't grab photos of the front, but the fit there is pretty perfect. The middle is good too. I wish there was some coverage over the sliding portion of the captains chairs (probably with a slit in it to allow forward\backward travel), as i can tell my daughter is going to be getting a ton of dirt\sand in there. I'm sure over time that will be really great for the seat moving mechanism. I guess I just need to remember to clean before needing to take 6 people.
Wow, looks great! Yeah sliding portion with a slit would be awesome. I might have to play around with some material and see if I could make something work there. Thanks for the pictures

I found a video of someone putting the old mats in the trunk of a 2022 6 seater, and the mats are definitely different. They didn't have the split down the middle for the two separate rear seats, and also didn't have the portion to cover the nook on the left side of the trunk. One thing nice about this trunk mat is they put a Velcro on the bottom so it sticks really nicely to the lid for the lower trunk. The downside is that the mat going into the nook on the left makes it still a pain to access the lower trunk without having to refit the mat into that corner. Might have been better if they left that off, or made it a separate piece. It is also tough to open the low trunk lid without it falling out (that is the case even without the mats on). I wonder if anyone makes some sort of hook that the lid can hook into so it nicely folds up and down without coming loose?

Reactions: Philip_Seattle
What kind of BS business practice is this? I have a delivery scheduled in Fremont and if I'm not allowed to inspect the inside of a $156k vehicle before accepting it, they can piss right off. The arrogance of Tesla sometimes.

BTW, did they charge you the "Destination Fee" on your paperwork? This is normally $1,200 charged for delivery and it's currently on my paperwork but it doesn't make sense if you're literally picking it up at the factory.
Yes, $1,200 was charged and my understanding is you have to pay that no matter what.
If I insisted and demand to talk to a supervisor or someone, they may have allowed me to check the interior before accepting. I think it’s worth you should try that.
I didn’t pay attention but didn’t notice worm on the yoke. I can check again Tomorrow morning and report if there is worm indeed If anyone is interested in.

An update on my inventory order: On Friday evening, I was able to schedule my pick-up time on the Tesla website and the earliest available was Monday afternoon. I selected that and proceeded to take care of financing, insurance, and held off on the final payment. I texted Tesla on Sunday morning to confirm if my appointment was still good for Monday and minutes later I get a call from the Long Beach center. Seems like the vehicle is still in transit from Utah and they're estimating the earliest that we can pick it up was on Wednesday. Just to be safe, I asked for a Friday morning pick up and they were going to let me know if was going to ready for pick up earlier.

As for my original MXP placed in July, the EDD hasn't budged and is sitting at Nov 7 - Dec 19.

Long time lurker, posting for the first time. My EDD is holding steady for 2-3 months now, Oct 5 - Nov 16, Red MXLR 7 seat, 22 inch, EAP.

Since the EDD range is so close, when do folks usually get a VIN? And how many days to sort out loan and take delivery after that?

Feels to me my EDD might get pushed once its in range.

My May 2021 LR was delivered yesterday about an hour behind the scheduled window. It was fine as we didn’t spend the whole Sunday waiting at home.

Exteriors
Paint work is mostly great. A few minor defects on door frames, only visible after opening doors. Alignment issue on right FWD and charging door. Panel gaps are difficult to say. Clearly not as good as our $78k Mercedes.

Interior
The fabric near right FWD buttons was slightly torn. A piece of plastic between the backs of 3rd row seats is completely broken and was sticking out, although it doesn’t appear a safety issue for 3rd row passengers, but more of cosmetic. A hole on the right side of steering wheel arm(?) and looks like a screw or cap is missing. No yoke worm as I could tell.

Misc
Frunk is hard to close. Need to follow the exact steps from instructions manual and took several attempts. Closing the hood feels like pressing on a soft shell crab. No key fobs or mobile charger included. There’s a whining noise when parked, but appears software issue according to other posts. No surround view camera to my surprise, something I’ll for sure miss from our Mercedes.

Long time lurker, posting for the first time. My EDD is holding steady for 2-3 months now, Oct 5 - Nov 16, Red MXLR 7 seat, 22 inch, EAP.

Since the EDD range is so close, when do folks usually get a VIN? And how many days to sort out loan and take delivery after that?

Feels to me my EDD might get pushed once its in range.
You can tell how close you are to a VIN by how large your EDD range is. Yours appears to be 6 weeks. At some point it narrow to 5 weeks, then 3 weeks. After that your could get a VIN in roughly a week or your range might narrow more.

Given your current range, Tesla appears to be planning to build your car as a 4th quarter delivery.

Just wanted to let people waiting to order the Model X keyfob, that it is currently available to order on the Tesla website. Not sure how long it will last.
it's out of stock

Reactions: Elixir
it's out of stock
Damn, that was quick.

Reactions: Elixir