Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been a Marathon Monday getting financing and insurance lined up for a Tuesday afternoon pickup appointment. As recently as Sunday morning we didn’t have a VIN or any indication that one was coming anytime soon. Definitely been the most stressful car purchase of my life!
Same here but probably less stress than yours. Keep it up - you are almost at the finish line.

I had to ask to reschedule delivery on 27th to 29th. My delivery center has always been accommodating.

Things are lining up so far. My loan (locked rate from July) is good until end of the month (wheew!).
Got the MVPA - so now the bank can release the funds. Just need to drive (250 miles) from out of state to accept delivery.

Last edited:
After 15 months of waiting, finally took delivery of a white on white 5 seater Model X. Much more pretty in person and overall pretty happy. Not so happy I paid for this car in full and they wouldn't let me inside the car before purchasing. Luckily, very few defects. The right FWD made an awful popping sound which stopped after a dozen or so opening/closing cycles. A nasty scuff on right passenger black trim, not on the paint. A creaking on the left rail for the driver seat. I'm unsure if I want to risk letting Tesla service try to fix these issues or not.

Oh, I'm really missing the key fobs.

Actually let me back off on that statement a bit. I *think* this will work, I kinda recall some post(s) here from someone trying this successfully.

(No personal experience with this...I do have two Tesla vehicles but the other is a very legacy Model S, whose fobs are complete different and incompatible.)

Bruce.
I tried this with the fob have for my Model 3. I could pair it with my palladium X, it worked fine (no FWD control of course) but then it no longer worked with my 3. If I named the fob, the name stuck between the cars, but it only worked with the last car it was paired with.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Hey, apologies for the confusion this last text may have caused as it was an automated text based on your placeholding delivery appointment for the 28th.
Per our most recent logistics updated ETA, your vehicle has experienced a delay at our logistics hub and is not scheduled to be in Kansas City until October 9th. We will need to cancel your delivery appointment for tomorrow at this time. Sincere apologies for the delay and we will closely monitor this as we receive further updates. Thank you for your continued patience and we will be in touch soon.

so I am in MN, and delivery center told my wife today (when she stopped by to look at car which we will supposedly pick up on THursday) that car in in Cincinnati. Does that make any sense? Maybe shipped there by rail then truck to MN? Person claimed that never assigned to another buyer . . .

Delivery Day finally! A bit late posting, but it finally arrived on 9/16. Great SC experience at Detroit-Clarkston location. Car was almost perfect, just a few scratches that were taken care of while I waited, and a front quarter panel that needs adjusting via a later service appointment. We were given plenty of time to inspect both inside and outside.

Attachments

• 68222.jpeg
    68222.jpeg
    532.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 68223.jpeg
    68223.jpeg
    539.6 KB · Views: 85