Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my MXP today at the Long Beach, CA delivery center a few hours ago. First off, I must say the new location is pretty nice. Lots of friendly staff and pretty busy. I think there were like people constantly coming in and out of the delivery center. No issues with payment, trade-in, or anything and pretty seamless. The staff there said they've been operating for over a month now (it used to be a Nissan showroom) but overall a pretty pleasant experience. Got all the paperwork and everything sorted in under 10 minutes and they handed us the key cards. I think I spent a good 45 minutes inspecting and prodding every panel, but I didn't feel rushed. As for my original order for a MXP in red, I asked the staff at the delivery center to cancel and it was removed from my app by the time I got home.

As for the car, it's definitely worth the wait! I know I sort of "cheated" and got an inventory order sent from another state, but to those who have been waiting for many months - hang in there and have hope! Of course, it wouldn't be a Tesla without a couple of flaws. A few panels were loose (rear panel in the trunk, a couple near the sun visors, and side panel in the rear passenger) and one of the side door glass wasn't flush. No issues with the FWD (thankfully) after playing with them for a good 5 minutes.

Driving home, the ride feels smoother than the Model S LR I traded in. For some reason, I felt more confident driving it through narrow streets compared to the Model S. After getting home, I verified all the loose panels and went over the checklist to see if I might have missed anything. Other than the ones noted above, it's a fairly solid build. I already schedule my service appointment and we'll see how they address those issues.

And now, some obligatory photos!

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPEG
    IMG_0612.JPEG
    592.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0607.JPEG
    IMG_0607.JPEG
    443 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0606.JPEG
    IMG_0606.JPEG
    422.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0618.JPEG
    IMG_0618.JPEG
    460.8 KB · Views: 153
So I went into the service center today because my tire on my plaid S is going flat. They told me no walk-ins but eventually they took me. While I waited I asked a service rep if they had any inventory. I was very tired of watching the blue & white 20” LR get pushed back. Turned out that they had some inventory, but all plaid.

Somehow I convinced my wife that it was better to spend another $20k on a plaid and to get the car now. Now it’s midnight silver, white seats with carbon fiber, 22” wheels. We pick it up tomorrow at 4:30, but they let me inspect it today. Other than needing to be washed….

81937297-253F-4915-9372-C557D461B27F.jpeg
64CADA63-0D6C-4DD8-AC3B-B3EEF6F5B4B5.jpeg

Hey yall
So I’ve taken delivery yesterday and everything is actually very perfect. Except for the left captain chair that seemed like it was moving slow when adjusting. We compared it with the right captain chair and the right side indeed moved better. This is for a 6 seat config. Anybody have that issue? Thank you again

TLDR - Too Long Damn Reservation 😜

But it's finally here, worth the TLDR.
All worked out in the end. Barely made it before 1.99% apr loan expired, plus no sales tax on pre-hike July 2021 price. Best Tesla deal ever.

This X is much improved compared to our 2019 iteration. Less cabin noise, overall - fit and finish is better, and the rear bumper paint  almost 😜 matched the body - still better than previous.

Adios amigos! See you guys next time on another TLDR, at year five - 2024 Cybertruck!

20220930_151737.jpg

20220930_170034.jpg
20220930_165604.jpg
20220930_170128.jpg

20220930_165525.jpg

20220930_165648.jpg

So I went into the service center today because my tire on my plaid S is going flat. They told me no walk-ins but eventually they took me. While I waited I asked a service rep if they had any inventory. I was very tired of watching the blue & white 20” LR get pushed back. Turned out that they had some inventory, but all plaid.

Somehow I convinced my wife that it was better to spend another $20k on a plaid and to get the car now. Now it’s midnight silver, white seats with carbon fiber, 22” wheels. We pick it up tomorrow at 4:30, but they let me inspect it today. Other than needing to be washed….

View attachment 858639View attachment 858640
That was expensive flat repair,
congratulations

Well, got a call this morning. There’s a “containment hold” on the car. Something needs to be replaced on the rear drivetrain or some such. Will likely be another two weeks before I can take it. If something else comes along in between I can have that instead.

I am annoyed but I’m getting a car I’d rather have (plaid, CF) and probably faster than I would have gotten the other one.

Well, got a call this morning. There’s a “containment hold” on the car. Something needs to be replaced on the rear drivetrain or some such. Will likely be another two weeks before I can take it. If something else comes along in between I can have that instead.

I am annoyed but I’m getting a car I’d rather have (plaid, CF) and probably faster than I would have gotten the other one.
You might want to check these inventory, and probably get matched to a Plaid X without issue.

If a car is in another state/city, you can pay for transport for as low as $500 or maybe even no fee if nearby.

Overdue on waiting for a MX Plaid 20" black/ white interior to be "delivered" at the Fremont factory and just received this from Tesla by text:

shows production has resumed on the S/X line today so I guess this means that they are not currently producing new Plaids and they're trying to match me with one in inventory.
I received the same text offering an S Plaid and then a second text saying it was an error and they meant X Plaid. They did get each of our first names correct at least.

Haven’t updated my signature lately but I had a Plaid X on order a few months ago, got a VIN, then wife found out how much they cost after I made a joke about getting PLAIDAD as my vanity plate… and I ended up cancelling the order. (She didn’t think I had ordered the Plaid). After explaining the 179 tax deduction I plan to take and discussing it further I have placed another order. Current EDD is 11/26-1/7 with OD of 9/25.