Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No text or email, but I checked my app and apparently I have a VIN NF364XXX and delivery for later this month??

EDD was Dec 22 - Apr 23; ordered in Iune 2021.
I’m wondering if this was a rejected VIN, given that my EDD moved up so much.
I do find it odd that there was no text or email (EDD is actually 10/11-10/20 now… I don’t even have financing lined up!?!).

I’m wondering if this was a rejected VIN, given that my EDD moved up so much.
I do find it odd that there was no text or email (EDD is actually 10/11-10/20 now… I don’t even have financing lined up!?!).
No, that is a pretty new VIN, and most June orders have been delivered already. That EDD was just the default placeholder that many people get before getting a VIN.

At what point for you personally is it no longer reasonable to accept the previous model year? Surely you have a cut-off in your mind, right? Everyone does. If they offered you a ‘22 next summer would you take it? For me that cut-off is now since we have now two confirmed ‘23 VINs assigned the same day as my ‘22. Some won’t care, some (including me) will. How about you take my ‘22 and let me get in line for a ‘23 if it’s a non-issue for you.

I took my "2016" Model S on Christmas Eve 2016. I've had it for nearly 6 great years and I doubt that a 2017 VIN would've changed the value more than $2k. Definitely not worth fussing over. My S was well built and has been reliable and wonderful and that matters WAY more than perceived loss on sale down the road.

I'm a June 2021 order still waiting for a VIN. I get that I got a discount but this is really stupid. They are just punishing me for ditching FSD (which was a great idea, I got FSD on my 2016 and it sucks big time). AP is good enough (and free!). Fool me once, shame on you. Elon's not getting me again.

I took my "2016" Model S on Christmas Eve 2016. I've had it for nearly 6 great years and I doubt that a 2017 VIN would've changed the value more than $2k. Definitely not worth fussing over. My S was well built and has been reliable and wonderful and that matters WAY more than perceived loss on sale down the road.
There’s a chance other changes may coincide with the model year switch, like the long-rumored matrix headlights. I know that’s not always Tesla’s MO, but I won’t rule it out until we see a ‘23 delivery.

I just let the delivery scheduling lapse. They said it will release the VIN to another buyer and put my order on hold and may be subject to cancellation. I’ll take my chances. If they cancel, so be it. Call it fate.

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
After receiving nothing from Tesla after placing my order in a drunken state on 1/1/2022 (I now think that was a great decision considering the price hike), I got a text today confirming trade in, payment method and license plate options. I know it is not much but It was quite exciting for me considering my starved state. My EDD is still 12/3 -1/28. Hoping the window narrows down soon or I get vinned. I order MX LR, Black/Black, 7-seater, 20", FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Tz00
I got the following trade in text today. Does this mean I am close to delivery? I still dont have a VIN and my EDD is 10/15-11/19

Additionally, how can I just get a trade in quote for my vehcile? I have not yet decided if I want to trade in, but if the value is good I might just trade it in

Hi XYZ, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model X purchase. As a Washington resident, you may also be eligible for a trade-in sales tax credit.

To explore trading in your vehicle, submit your trade-in details in your Tesla Account.

ts.la/account

I got the following trade in text today. Does this mean I am close to delivery? I still dont have a VIN and my EDD is 10/15-11/19

Additionally, how can I just get a trade in quote for my vehcile? I have not yet decided if I want to trade in, but if the value is good I might just trade it in

Hi XYZ, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model X purchase. As a Washington resident, you may also be eligible for a trade-in sales tax credit.

To explore trading in your vehicle, submit your trade-in details in your Tesla Account.

ts.la/account
Enter the info in your account you can accept or deny the trade after they give you a price, no commitment to get a price