Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what’s a limited poa? The reservation is under my name/account. Just the financing and registration will be under their name. Weird if they give an issue about that as long as they receive the $
Limited Power of Attorney. Usually you need to sign documents to finalize the loan and get the car registered. That requires the person on the loan and registration. A limited Power of Attorney gives you permission to sign those 2 legal documents but nothing else. ie you can't go sell their house etc like a traditional full POA. Again talk to SA but I would bet it's an issue.

I also find my frunk a bit hard to close, especially the first few times. It does require the exact steps as documented on the owner’s instruction book, that is to use both hands, press the designated area, give it a firm push. Every time I close the frunk, I’m worried about the paint. Still can’t imaging if my wife accidentally opens the frunk.
Had a power frunk installed 1st week I had the car and have never looked back. Use it more now. Had one installed in my 2019 X but it was buggy and hardly used it. They have made improvements.

Btw the last 2 weeks I been searching for body shops that can do clean good work on clear ppf and stealth ppf and so far I’m getting quotes of $6-$8k for full vehicle plus about $1800 for full tint. Why is everything so expensive. That extra $9k for both is such a hard pill to swallow right now

I may go without ppf🥹
I just got a bunch of quotes and a few suggestions from different PPF installers.

Essentially full wrap is 6 - 8K between all the places.

However on a deep dive, a few recommended just doing the Full front (including mirrors), rear bumper, and all the lower doors (8-12 inches from the bottom including the rear quarter panels) for only 2.8 - 3K between the different installers. That protects the paint from the worst and most common offenders.

Reactions: Mw28 and cjkosh
I just got a bunch of quotes and a few suggestions from different PPF installers.

Essentially full wrap is 6 - 8K between all the places.

However on a deep dive, a few recommended just doing the Full front (including mirrors), rear bumper, and all the lower doors (8-12 inches from the bottom including the rear quarter panels) for only 2.8 - 3K between the different installers. That protects the paint from the worst and most common offenders.

One word: Madness

I'm also interested...my number one suggested quality of life improvement for this car would be a powered frunk. Who did it and how much?
I went with Hansshow, if you are in northern cali, Larry 510-388-9001 Hansshowbayarea did the install in 30 minutes 750.00

Thought I should provide my EDD here for the community

MX/LR/Blue exterior/black interior/6 seats/No FSD

Order date: 5/2/2022
EDD #1: 11/14/2022 - 1/9/2023
EDD #2: 9/2/2022 - 10/14/2022
EDD #3: 2/27/2023 - 5/22/2023
EDD #4: 2/20/2023 - 5/1/2023
EDD #5: 10/15/2022 - 10/22/2022 - VIN assigned
Pick up date: 10/24/2022

Man, this does not make me feel better. I ordered literally one year before you and still have a December ETA....

• Informative
Reactions: cjkosh