Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The Yoke: best feature on the car. Wouldn’t be the spaceship it is without it. You’ll adapt to it in 30 seconds or less."
We must be from different planets.
Have driven the car daily for 7 months. Every day I have to adjust to the steering wheel.
Do I hate it? No. Do I dislike it? Sometimes. Do I have buyers regret? Not a bit. It's a great car with a few flaws. I enjoy it daily.
I’m also a pilot so a yoke is a Natural way to control a vehicle 😉
spaceship remember! It’s got to fly!

Reactions: jboy210 and neo1738
Can they not send a check? That’s how DCU did mine.

Also, how did you become a member of Adelfi? I saw they needed you to align with their values. Do you just click a box?
Either way, the delay is in process, method of payment isn't the concern here.

There's no test or anything, yeah you just check off a box.

I was supposed to be leaving to pick up my X right now but I'm just pouting at home instead.

Either way, the delay is in process, method of payment isn't the concern here.

There's no test or anything, yeah you just check off a box.

I was supposed to be leaving to pick up my X right now but I'm just pouting at home instead.
Funded and rescheduled for late afternoon pickup today if the wire confirmation comes in! Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, does anyone have a recommendation for dog trunk covers for the X?

Reactions: patark
Funded and rescheduled for late afternoon pickup today if the wire confirmation comes in! Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, does anyone have a recommendation for dog trunk covers for the X?
Welp as I'm sitting in front of my new model x, the bank did not come through with the wire confirmation as they promised and now I leave empty handed. This has been an extremely frustrating experience, I would be very understanding of an outright stated delay but the uncertainty has been not OK. Hope everyone else has a smoother financing experience than I have had so far.

In good news, car looks great. They let me into the car and check out everything. Gaps are looking nice, there were some smudges in the car but otherwise great.

Just wish I could take her home with me tonight :(

• Informative
Reactions: cjkosh
Welp as I'm sitting in front of my new model x, the bank did not come through with the wire confirmation as they promised and now I leave empty handed. This has been an extremely frustrating experience, I would be very understanding of an outright stated delay but the uncertainty has been not OK. Hope everyone else has a smoother financing experience than I have had so far.

In good news, car looks great. They let me into the car and check out everything. Gaps are looking nice, there were some smudges in the car but otherwise great.

Just wish I could take her home with me tonight :(
Sheesh that's making me rethink financing through Adelfi...

Sheesh that's making me rethink financing through Adelfi...
After waiting two hours at Tesla for the wire confirmation, we started our drive home after Tesla closed. 30 minutes into the drive home, I got the wire confirmation.

🤡 🤡 🤡

But the 3.2% rate is hard to beat and I am getting my car tomorrow so no harm done? I am very understanding as long as I have a clear expectation but I get more bothered than most about lack of communication and clarity on timelines.

The few times I did connect with Adelfi customer service, they were excellent and very kind. As I understand they're very busy at the moment which may have contributed to this uncertain delay.

Reactions: patark and ChrisOtt
EDD is 10/23 - 11/13. Tesla salt lake text me asking to complete financing. I asked when a VIN would be assigned and they said “Your account is currently showing as early as October 23rd to 30th.” Is this normal? I have a hunch I shouldn’t do anything until a VIN is assigned.

EDD is 10/23 - 11/13. Tesla salt lake text me asking to complete financing. I asked when a VIN would be assigned and they said “Your account is currently showing as early as October 23rd to 30th.” Is this normal? I have a hunch I shouldn’t do anything until a VIN is assigned.
You can lock a loan before having a VIN but you can't finish the financing until you have the Motor Vehicle Purchasing Agreement which only happens after you have a VIN. Some states only allow you to set up the delivery date after the financing is completed, but that's still after you receive a VIN first.

I agree. Just complete the loan but if you're paying in cash don't finish payment until after you inspect your car

That is outrageous 😳. My experience is the opposite, was able to re-schedule 3 days past the given window. How long of a delay were you asking for?
This is my only concern right now, I’m paying mostly cash but need time to move money between accounts which takes a few days. Wife thinks I’m crazy, but I’m also not willing to loose a months interest 🤣.

I did a test with $5 between my two banks, and transfer was available next business day, so I think I’m good.

I can only imagine waiting 17 months, only to not have an extra day to get money lined up.

I started looking at winter tires and wife told me not buy anything till we have it 🤷‍♂️. I think the wait has her exhausted for me. If it comes next month per my EDD, I’ll be at 18 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoBoRaT