Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First week of October my EDD window starting date was moved back from Oct 15th to Dec 9th, and this week pushed back to Jan 10. Order date was Dec 2021.
Just got the email about the mobile charger credit as well. The new X doesn't come with the mobile charger and adapters? Can I just keep the mobile charger I have with my Y?

Reactions: tierneyalvin
Resale is terrible. I bought my 2022 MX Plaid for $132k OTD figuring that I could drive it for a year and sell for what I paid. As the market started to dive six weeks ago I started checking all the wholesale channels and found offers as low as $99k at Vroom and up to $129k at CarMax. After seven days, CarMax dropped to $119K so I listed online for $137k and ended up getting $133k. I am very happy to have it gone now that I see dealers dropping below $130k with less miles than I had.
Resale is very strong on the regular versions. Maybe a 10% loss. Cars lose 20-30% value immediately after purchased. Not sure why would you expect to drive a car for a year and get what you paid for it? The last two years have been a supply issue and you can't base overall car resales on that.

First week of October my EDD window starting date was moved back from Oct 15th to Dec 9th, and this week pushed back to Jan 10. Order date was Dec 2021.
Just got the email about the mobile charger credit as well. The new X doesn't come with the mobile charger and adapters? Can I just keep the mobile charger I have with my Y?
Nothing wrong with keeping your charger with the Y. You get credit to get another one so personally I would just order another one as well. If you sell your Y, I would give the charger along with the car but not everyone does that.

Received my VIN yesterday along with a text saying that the car just left the factory and was in transit to KC/ my delivery center and should receive an email in a few days to schedule delivery. I also got an email yesterday with my mobile charger code, which I placed an order for and was completely free. Today I got an email and a text saying it was time to schedule delivery, delivery is set for Nov 7th at 11am!!

Received my VIN yesterday along with a text saying that the car just left the factory and was in transit to KC/ my delivery center and should receive an email in a few days to schedule delivery. I also got an email yesterday with my mobile charger code, which I placed an order for and was completely free. Today I got an email and a text saying it was time to schedule delivery, delivery is set for Nov 7th at 11am!!
Congrats. What was your EDD before you got a VIN? I got the charger email today. Not sure it means anything.

Reactions: Ckennedy421
Dropping back in after about a month and a half with the MXLR to report that a) it's a phenomenal vehicle and worth the wait, but also b) I finally received the full set of Tesmanian all weather mats for my car (6-seat) and they fit like a glove - highly recommended. I know there was on and off again discussion in this thread about accessories like floor mats, so figured I'd provide a datapoint in case anyone's on the fence on which mats to order.

Just got the following email from Tesla. Does it mean anything in terms of the car getting delivered soon?

Based on the delivery date of your Model X, you will receive a Tesla Shop promo code closer to your delivery date that you can redeem for Tesla Mobile Connector or put toward the purchase of Tesla Wall Connector. Your vehicle comes standard with a J1772 Adapter that is compatible with third-party charging stations.
Got the same email today as well. Curious if that means anything.

Can they do anything about this ?
AB38D134-F4EF-43D9-8F8C-451596C2A0B0.jpeg

Dropping back in after about a month and a half with the MXLR to report that a) it's a phenomenal vehicle and worth the wait, but also b) I finally received the full set of Tesmanian all weather mats for my car (6-seat) and they fit like a glove - highly recommended. I know there was on and off again discussion in this thread about accessories like floor mats, so figured I'd provide a datapoint in case anyone's on the fence on which mats to order.
Are those mats the same plasticky material as the Tesla/Weathertech mats?

Reactions: thomslik
Took delivery of my White on Black MXP with 22" Tsportline wheels and a few aftermarket carbon fiber parts this past Saturday (bought with 2k mi, shipped to KC from Houston). Coming from an MYP I am blown away. The only thing I like better about the MYP is the handling/agility (but at a comfort cost due to harsh suspension on the Y) the bottom seat cushion comfort, and Matrix headlights.

-The sound system is a lot better and more powerful, and there is not anything wrong with the system in the Model Y.
-The acceleration is an absolute game changer, it's like the speed is only limited to how much traction the tires can achieve. It's addicting.
-The suspension is the best improvement over the Y, instantly adjustable, so much more comfortable and I'm on 22's. 20’s have to be even better.
-The seats to me are slightly less comfortable in terms of bottom cushioning than the Y but the cooling feature more than makes up for this. I'm a bigger guy so others may prefer the front seats in the X. To me the Y seats are close to perfect from a comfort standpoint but they don't have cooling so they get too hot.
-The tech feels next level in the X, additional driver screen is welcome, UI is more customizable and so smooth/fast, overall feels very futuristic, main screen responsiveness is impressive, also tilting the screen toward the driver is extremely helpful and not a gimmick
-Autopilot is better in the X, I still get occasional phantom braking but is is much less frequent and less violent than in the Y. I drive about 150mi round trip to work and is usually in the dark. My brights activate in a much less annoying way when on autopilot
-Power tailgate is a lot better in the X, more solid
-feels like a spaceship and looking for any excuse to drive… anyone need anything? 😂
AFEC8811-96A6-4AA3-86C1-F4EBB8F2C473.jpeg

Last edited:
Resale is terrible. I bought my 2022 MX Plaid for $132k OTD figuring that I could drive it for a year and sell for what I paid. As the market started to dive six weeks ago I started checking all the wholesale channels and found offers as low as $99k at Vroom and up to $129k at CarMax. After seven days, CarMax dropped to $119K so I listed online for $137k and ended up getting $133k. I am very happy to have it gone now that I see dealers dropping below $130k with less miles than I had.
MX Plaid resale will be worse than LR due to the very long wait times for the latter. Although the Plaid resale is still amazing considering how other cars drop 20% in their first year.

When supply meets demand, then we will see the usual immediate depreciation hit for the cars in their first year.

MX Plaid resale will be worse than LR due to the very long wait times for the latter. Although the Plaid resale is still amazing considering how other cars drop 20% in their first year.

When supply meets demand, then we will see the usual immediate depreciation hit for the cars in their first year.
Yeah, performance model resale has historically been low. Some of the best value used vehicles are performance models, and previously repairs models (I wouldn’t touch). On the bright side, you will never have trouble selling even if it’s out of warranty and with 100+k miles — just at what price.