Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text from tesla saying it has departed from the factory and on its way. Any idea how long it typically takes from Fremont t o Florida for those that might have already been through the process?

OUR MXLR red white 6 fsd departed apx Oct 16, arrived WPB Oct 28and was scheduled for delivery today. Was acceped and the FWD gaps were fixed. We are very well pleased with first 80 miles.

Reactions: EVGhost3
Tesla has given me the best trade in offer on our Lexus LX570, which is convenient and helps with taxes a bit.
Have shopped:
Vroom -lowest by a lot
Carvana
Carmax
Driveway
KBB
CarGurus
VA doesn't do the tax trick so the Tesla trade-in is my least preferred. I would prefer to keep my existing one for a couple weeks Incase the new one has to go to the shop.... Just not willing to spend 5k+ to make that happen.

We just sold a car earlier in the year and kbb was the best. They wouldn't even give me a number for our X. 2 dealers emailed about appointments and never even replied when I asked for a rough estimate. Like I'm not wasting an hour of my time if the best you were ever going to offer me was 40k.

Question for those that have taken delivery of old price orders, does your window sticker reflect the price you paid, or does it show the current price? I have a 16 month old order delivering next week with the $89,990 price and was wondering if my Monroney will reflect that price or todays price of $120,990.

• Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
Question for those that have taken delivery of old price orders, does your window sticker reflect the price you paid, or does it show the current price? I have a 16 month old order delivering next week with the $89,990 price and was wondering if my Monroney will reflect that price or todays price of $120,990.
Mine had the current price. Not the price I paid

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
This is kind of crazy, but Tesla is asking me to have an insurance card for the vehicle a few days before... so, I'm basically paying insurance for a car I don't have??

Anyhow, I am trying to do it but it seems silly... is this a Texas thing? They state that they need it the insurance to reflect the VIN to issue the operating permit. Never had to do this before (just proof of insurance was generally sufficient).

This is kind of crazy, but Tesla is asking me to have an insurance card for the vehicle a few days before... so, I'm basically paying insurance for a car I don't have??

Anyhow, I am trying to do it but it seems silly... is this a Texas thing? They state that they need it the insurance to reflect the VIN to issue the operating permit. Never had to do this before (just proof of insurance was generally sufficient).
How did they communicate this, text or email? The reason I ask is because text people told me the ACH payment had to clear before I took delivery. This was confirmed via email to be false

You can tell your insurance company that the policy starts on the delivery date. So, you start paying on the date of delivery

Reactions: croman and cjkosh
You can tell your insurance company that the policy starts on the delivery date. So, you start paying on the date of delivery
Tesla was adamant that the policy starts 3 days before delivery... they said they use a 3rd party for getting the operating permit and that's what is required. I've never bought a car in TX, so am just generally confused at this point (and think it odd to have insurance on a car that i don't actually own yet).

I got a text from tesla saying it has departed from the factory and on its way. Any idea how long it typically takes from Fremont to Florida for those that might have already been through the process?
I received text vehicle had departed factory Oct 24, going to Tesla Jacksonville FL Service Center. Received text to schedule delivery Oct 28.
We pick up Nov 7 !
I believe your wait is about over ;)

A little window into the current used market.

2020 MYP, perfect condition, 24,000 miles, FSD.

Tesla- $49,100
Carvana- $54,336
Vroom-$25,000
Driveway- waiting on offer

The Tesla offer for your MYP is higher than what I received for my 2019 Model S Performance with every option and 13k more miles. Crazy. Vroom also offered me $25k. Must be their default "We don't want your car" response.