Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had recent MX deliveries from the Fort Lauderdale location? My home delivery is scheduled for Monday, and hopefully that sticks since the car is paid for and insured. Although they won't allow me, I would sure like the opportunity to inspect at least the exterior before the car shows up in my driveway, so being that it's not far away I have driven through the lot in hopes of finding it with no luck. I've seen numbers refresh MX's in the lot that look detailed and ready for delivery. I've even driven back to the south side of the parking lot in search. I can say, there is seldom an empty spot in the entire lot. Hopefully mine is somewhere inside the building being checked and cleaned. Anyone know the average amount of time the cars arrive at the delivery centers before delivery date?

I've gone from almost forgetting about this car altogether to nearly losing sleep over it. Hopefully it's all worth while.

Reactions: cjkosh
I was scheduled for a pick up of my 2023 Model X this afternoon at 1:45 PM (Michigan). Got a call from Tesla (NC number) that the car will not arrive at the SC till next Friday (8 days late)!!!

After 18 months (ordered Feb 2021) of being abused by Tesla, all I could do was laugh on the phone when I got the call.

Very pathetic and completely incompetent logistics and customer service departments. I have bought many cars in this price range, it is only Tesla that made me feel like they were doing me a favor by taking my money!!!!

PS: this is my third Tesla, so this is not an anecdotal observation.
Stuff like this is why I called the service center to make sure my car was going to be there on the day my delivery was scheduled for. They actually confirmed it arrived the day after I got the VIN...thankfully.

are you planning to get XPEL?
No, I’m not totally convinced PPF is worth the investment for us. I’ve never had it installed on another vehicle, including my model 3. This will be my wife’s primary vehicle and what we use for family trips. I haven’t shopped the cost on an X, but imagine it’s several thousand. What about you? I will be getting tinting!

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
I would reject, if it were me. Whenever you go to sell it, a year difference would affect value, no?
Yes, this is my concern.

The challenge is that my EDD was Dec-Apr, then a few weeks ago it was October and scheduled for delivery in like 7 days.
I had a personal conflict with the date and asked to reschedule… they counted that as putting it on hold for 7 days and then re-matched with the same VIN.

They are effectively saying that if I have to take this one or I have my order cancelled. Very weird.

And agreed with the other poster… they are incredibly pushy. I really expect better treatment at this price point.

Don’t know if how it will go tomorrow and if the delivery center folks will be more agreeable.

Yes, this is my concern.

The challenge is that my EDD was Dec-Apr, then a few weeks ago it was October and scheduled for delivery in like 7 days.
I had a personal conflict with the date and asked to reschedule… they counted that as putting it on hold for 7 days and then re-matched with the same VIN.

They are effectively saying that if I have to take this one or I have my order cancelled. Very weird.

And agreed with the other poster… they are incredibly pushy. I really expect better treatment at this price point.

Don’t know if how it will go tomorrow and if the delivery center folks will be more agreeable.

Yea, given that I would take it. It's not ideal but I certainly wouldn't give up the car for it. Obviously everyone here has agreed to accept the shitty behavior of Tesla...or we wouldn't still be here. But standing on principal here seems like the suckers move. I love my 18 X and can't wait to get the new one.

Reactions: cjkosh and geometro
Odd to see such a big difference.
Has anyone here sold their car to Driveway.com?
If so, how reliable and easy were they?
I did. I had the car posted for weeks on Facebook Marketplace, here on the B&S boards, and Find My Electric. Driveway offered me more for the car than I had it listed for on all my classifieds ads. My only small complaint is that it took a little over two weeks to get paid.

No, I’m not totally convinced PPF is worth the investment for us. I’ve never had it installed on another vehicle, including my model 3. This will be my wife’s primary vehicle and what we use for family trips. I haven’t shopped the cost on an X, but imagine it’s several thousand. What about you? I will be getting tinting!
I am working with AP3 located in Alpharetta, getting the whole ppf and tinting with them. Seems like the correct of original paint vs ppf is lower and paint life is longer, so going for it.

Reactions: Jwalker9
Welp, good news for me. It has been a stressful week finalizing the loan for the X but we got it all squared away yesterday. Once it was finalized, I sent an email to my SA just to see if he could confirm if my VIN had arrived or was still in transit. To my surprise he responded and said they actually received it yesterday afternoon and asked if I would like to take delivery earlier than Monday (has been set for the 7th at 11a for a week). I said absolutely! Now, today is the day! I'm set for delivery in KC at 1:30p. Wish me luck!

Very nice! Good luck!

I am waking up to a little drama today. Cleaned out my wife’s Lexus LX last night in preparation of trading it in tomorrow/Saturday. First time we’ve owned it that it won’t crank! I think the battery died out of rebellion. Unfortunately it didn’t charge last night on a battery charger my family leant me, and it’s in an awkward position deep in the center of my garage to be able to jump start. I hate to spend 200 on a new battery to literally drive it one more time to drop off tomorrow! Gah! Always something! Think it’s pissed at me for selling it and trying to screw with my plans, lol.

Very nice! Good luck!

I am waking up to a little drama today. Cleaned out my wife’s Lexus LX last night in preparation of trading it in tomorrow/Saturday. First time we’ve owned it that it won’t crank! I think the battery died out of rebellion. Unfortunately it didn’t charge last night on a battery charger my family leant me, and it’s in an awkward position deep in the center of my garage to be able to jump start. I hate to spend 200 on a new battery to literally drive it one more time to drop off tomorrow! Gah! Always something! Think it’s pissed at me for selling it and trying to screw with my plans, lol.
They sell those battery jumpstart at Costco or get a very long cable.

Reactions: Jwalker9
Went for the pickup… stressful. Driving over there it felt like I was picking up a used car with my checklist in hand. Notes:

1) interior clean and good
2) doors worked well
3) Panel gaps are there and not much can be done… they had two other X there and the gaps varied widely
4) front bumper white looks mildly different from body (as others have mentioned)
5) biggest issue is that there was a “seam” at the bottom of the rear passenger door that did not seem sealed. They took a look at it and agreed that it needs to be fixed (concern was water getting in there).

So car is going in for a fix before being delivered. Notable that the other two X did not have this issue.
Wife thought I was being overly cautious, but at this price point it really should be close to perfect.

I did not confirm delivery yet as I’m waiting for this fix. They would not let me get another vehicle.

Very nice! Good luck!

Hah! Almost the same thing happened to me. Brought the X home, moved my wife's old car around the driveway a couple times with no issue. Called my father-in-law the next day to tell him I was bringing the old car over (he was going to sell it for me). Then it wouldn't start. Had to jump it from my 3 to get it to the FIL's house, and then buy a new battery for it before selling.