Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow. scheduled a nov 10 delivery a week ago with them texting/calling for a few days before asking to take the car earlier but I couldn't

just got a text now saying they had to cancel my delivery and to call them.. my delivery day is TMRW! lol classic tesla
-- edit just called --
They super nice though. Said he didn't want to text me the bad news but similiar to others there's some mandatory regulatory firmware update recall thing that needs to be done and fixed and approved before delivery so he has no ETA of when it will be ready.

lol.. It's never easy with Tesla haha
You have a great attitude!
I was ready to strangle someone.

• Funny
Reactions: d4vid
Was scheduled to pick up 2023 Model X at 11 AM tomorrow.
5 minutes ago received a call saying that due to a "Firmware Update" the car would not be ready until November 17 or after. WTF??
This is ridiculous (a firmware update that takes over a week?) but the timing is also bad. Selling my 2018 X today. Great timing for the new car tomorrow right?
Sheesh.
Anyone else get this call?

Same here. Was supposed to take delivery of my 2023 Model X today, 1130am CST. Was 1.5 hours into the drive to pick it up and received a phone call essentially informing to turn around and go home due to the same "firmware update". I think what's frustrating is in my small 2 day (weekday) delivery window, I chose the latter due to a lighter work schedule. If I chose yesterday, the X would be currently in my garage.

Reactions: Vitaman
I got this text just now.......
Almost there.....lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-150832_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221109-150832_Messages.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: snappy1
It's really frustrating. My delivery was scheduled for 2 pm today, and I just got the same message.
Odd. I believe the software update also updates firmware. The hold means it is a safety issue or something they would have to recall to do in person. So either some firmware that is not updatable via OTA, or it is a firmware in something required for OTA to function properly (LTE, wifi, etc.)

You may already know this, but seat belt extenders are not legal\approved for use in cars or with car seats\boosters. There have been many cases of kids injured, possibly fatally because of seat belt extenders that weren't safe.
I Didn’t know that! I appreciate the information!
With that being said, I’m not sure of another solution? The female end of that seat belt is really tough to access when you’re using a car seat.

Same here. Was supposed to take delivery of my 2023 Model X today, 1130am CST. Was 1.5 hours into the drive to pick it up and received a phone call essentially informing to turn around and go home due to the same "firmware update". I think what's frustrating is in my small 2 day (weekday) delivery window, I chose the latter due to a lighter work schedule. If I chose yesterday, the X would be currently in my garage.
So the question is....Had you picked it up yesterday (I had same option but chose today), would you being driving danger up and down the streets, avenues, byways and expressways? Would the firmware deficient SUV be a menace and unsafe at any speed?

Reactions: Hofstetm
So the question is....Had you picked it up yesterday (I had same option but chose today), would you being driving danger up and down the streets, avenues, byways and expressways? Would the firmware deficient SUV be a menace and unsafe at any speed?
I guess I'm lucky, since mine was delivered to me 2 days ago it is completely safe from whatever mystery ailment affects those that happened to be on a truck for an extra day...

Reactions: cjkosh and Vitaman

Absolutely not. Haha, I'm not sure, tbh. Some info as to WHY this was needed would be welcomed, though. Then we can decide if it would be. Plus, I'm taking delivery only to have my X sit in the garage as I have outstanding tint/PPF appointments over the next 3 weeks. She'll be a garage queen until then - PLENTY of time for an OTA update, imo. :)

Tough thing about my state (among others) is I cannot take delivery in it. I have to drive to a neighboring state (3 hours away in my circumstance) to take delivery, even though there's a Tesla Service Center approx. 5 minutes away from my home. So, creating a full weekday of driving (for my wife/kid/etc.) is as inconvenient as it can be.