Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received 2 key fobs upon a service request as I ordered before June 2022. No questions asked by mobile service. Also installed the wheel locks that I provided and few other issues related to door seal for free. Unless, you have a major issue which you have to report within 72 hours, Tesla will take care of the minor issues (most probably) for free as part of the warranty.
March 2021 order, picked up in July.

Just submitted my service ticket for FOBs just now but wife ordered 1x and programmed it, guess ill have to return it...

Lets hope service doesn't push back on the FOB.

Reactions: everydaychris
I selected Keys with this description:

"Took delivery of 2022 Model X on 29 September 2022 from July 2021 order. However, it did not come with 2 key fobs that was suppose to be part of the order (Tesla removed key fobs from Model X orders starting July 2022 not 2021). Please provide key fobs for this Model X. Thanks."

Mobile Tech is enroute with fobs ATM. 🍀😬

March 2021 order, picked up in July.

Just submitted my service ticket for FOBs just now but wife ordered 1x and programmed it, guess ill have to return it...

Lets hope service doesn't push back on the FOB.

Tesla responded this AM with the following blanket statement;
"Tesla stopped providing FOB as early as April 2022".

I reaffirmed my original statement that my order was picked up in July 2022, order placed in March 2021.

Lets see what their response is.

Reactions: Jwalker9
Tesla responded this AM with the following blanket statement;
"Tesla stopped providing FOB as early as April 2022".

I reaffirmed my original statement that my order was picked up in July 2022, order placed in March 2021.

Lets see what their response is.
Tesla standing firm...dont understand the inconsistency.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-083649~2.png
    Screenshot_20221113-083649~2.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 136
Same here. Was supposed to take delivery of my 2023 Model X today, 1130am CST. Was 1.5 hours into the drive to pick it up and received a phone call essentially informing to turn around and go home due to the same "firmware update". I think what's frustrating is in my small 2 day (weekday) delivery window, I chose the latter due to a lighter work schedule. If I chose yesterday, the X would be currently in my garage.
Have you/anyone received any update from Tesla?

Realize that some use the fob.
In the pantheon of mistakes, poor decisions, and poor planning made by Tesla, the fobs rank low for me.
Got them in March. Have never used them. Now they are simply something I have to remember where I put them so that the next owner has to deal with them.

Was the nov/2020 price still lower than today?
What did the change to 6 seats do with the price? Went to the current 6 seater price or just had to pay the difference between 5 and 6?
How long ago were you contacted?
What would have happened if you did not accept the change to 6?

Question for the other EU reservation holders: Were you also contacted for a switch to 6 seats? Are the ‘old’ prices respected?
Nov order was of course cancelled and had to order in January with then existing price. 6 seater price increase was compensated, so still paying 5 seater but getting 6. if I hadn't chosen 6 seater I would have had to wait because all plaid are 6 seater and only plaid being delivered at this point. As it was cost neutral it was ok for me even though would have preferred 5 seats.

Was contacted about 3 months ago regarding switch from 5 to 6 seats and last week to pay the price. Hope this helps. Fingers crossed for all my fellow European orders, also LR to get their orders soon.

Time to add onto my list of issues on my new delivery from last week We can't close the front passenger window for the past two days now. When the door is closed, instead of it rolling back up an inch or so as it should, it rolled DOWN about 4 inches. Rolling it back up does get it to close, but as soon as I let go of the button, it rolls back down about 2". Driving in the rain/cold or parking outside can't happen until this is fixed.

And to make matters worse, when I opened the app to add this issue to my service appointment for the 3 defective seats, I saw that the appointment for tomorrow was cancelled with no explanation.

Realize that some use the fob.
In the pantheon of mistakes, poor decisions, and poor planning made by Tesla, the fobs rank low for me.
Got them in March. Have never used them. Now they are simply something I have to remember where I put them so that the next owner has to deal with them.
Please for the love of God, send those FOBs to mobilesuit818 so he can move on. 🤣