Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am yet to receive the call. Did you guys call or did tesla call you? I was told by the rep initially that if firmware update comes early pickup could be early; but under my account it is still showing as 11/20 for now. Have vacation planned and this is frustrating.
They called.. Long story short, my original car went to NY instead of LA and the payment had already been made on the previous vin, so they called to settle that, but while I was on the phone I asked how the delivery and firmware upgrade were going.

What date does it show under you account? Mine still shows 11/20 which was updated from 11/16 after I got the call yesterday.
It does say 11/16 in my account/app. In text with my advisor, they mentioned I am still on for tomorrow (Wednesday). Thing is, the first time I was rescheduled, it was the day of and I was already enroute to pick up the X (and subsequently, had to turn around). So, time will tell.

Just ask when it was built. No need to guess.
The first Tesla advisor I spoke on the phone lied to me about this VIN. I texted the local team and was told the car was built on Sept 16. Not sure why the first advisor told me that was built 2 days ago and didn’t have any previous RN assigned. Something doesn’t add up. Not sure how I feel about this VIN being two months old parked somewhere. It is a very expensive purchase overall. Am I being unreasonable?

My EDD got pushed yesterday from 11/14-12/3 to 11/30-12/18. I wouldn’t be surprised if it changed again and delivery gets pushed to 12/31. Lol
I had the same EDD as you, 11/14-12/3. Then on the night of 11/14 I got pushed to 12/18-1/22. Then last night it changed back to 11/17-12/7. Can't wait to get pushed to January or February+ tomorrow night lmao.

Reactions: nanimac
I had the same EDD as you, 11/14-12/3. Then on the night of 11/14 I got pushed to 12/18-1/22. Then last night it changed back to 11/17-12/7. Can't wait to get pushed to January or February+ tomorrow night lmao.
Mine was sitting at end of December to early February. Changed about a week ago to Jan 14 to March 11. Then last night changed to Jan 13 to March 10. 1 day change??? Come on.

Update: Tesla rep said that my vehicle should be arriving at the Delivery Location (Miami Gardens) today and the firmware update should be done on site. They wouldn’t move my delivery date from the tentative date of 11/20 but did say that they are confident I can get delivery tomorrow/Thursday
Update 3: Spoke to Tesla rep this morning. My vehicle still shows as pending (to push firmware) in the system. They told me that the Service Center still needs to push the update to the vehicle and they will then notify Delivery to contact me to schedule the delivery date/time. I had taken the afternoon off for delivery so I am taking the chance of driving to the Delivery Location anyway.

Update 3: Spoke to Tesla rep this morning. My vehicle still shows as pending (to push firmware) in the system. They told me that the Service Center still needs to push the update to the vehicle and they will then notify Delivery to contact me to schedule the delivery date/time. I had taken the afternoon off for delivery so I am taking the chance of driving to the Delivery Location anyway.
The fact that they can't confirm and tell you it will be ready within the timeframe annoys me. I hope everyone's delivery goes smoothly who was delayed by this firmware issue.