Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is newer/bigger rear screens now. Unfortunately didn’t make it to my 23 X we picked up 3 weeks ago 🙁
7993828C-ECA3-406D-8845-E9E5F383FF22.png

DE9BCF0D-8EA7-48BA-892F-93CF4132296B.jpeg

Looks like there is newer/bigger rear screens now. Unfortunately didn’t make it to my 23 X we picked up 3 weeks ago 🙁
View attachment 879875

View attachment 879876
Would be interesting, from which production Date the new screens are used.

Based on my COC mine is built on the 25th of October. So I assume to get the old screen.
Looking forward for threads if an upgrade to the new screen is possible

Reactions: Jwalker9
I had EDD December 10 to January 21 (in NYC). Today (Wednesday) I got a VIN assigned and was told the car will be ready for delivery on Friday!
VIN is PF3719XX (White on white 6-seater) and was produced November 11.

I would be excited about it, but given the 3 weeks between production and getting notified, this clearly seems it was rejected by one or more people.
I wonder whether I should put reservation on hold for a week, so that hopefully I get another draw... Any thoughts?

Reactions: TJPDX
I had EDD December 10 to January 21 (in NYC). Today (Wednesday) I got a VIN assigned and was told the car will be ready for delivery on Friday!

I would be excited about it, but given the 3 weeks between production and getting notified, this clearly seems it was rejected by one or more people.
I wonder whether I should put reservation on hold for a week, so that hopefully I get another draw... Any thoughts?
I don't think 3 weeks is a long time to have the car travel across the country to NY. It doesn't get shipped the day it rolls out of the factory, a lot of logistics to truck them or send them by rail, etc... I would check it out and reject if you don't like it.

Question for the group (first time poster). Ordered a MX 6-seater in dec '21. Delivery date is now dec. 2 - jan 6. I am going to be out of town a good chunk of this time on holiday. SA is telling me I can "We can set you up for temporary hold of any length up and to including Jan 1, 2023. It may be days, weeks, or in some cases months once your hold is lifted for VIN assignment. Would you like for us to place your order on hold?"

My question - is this a good idea or am I missing something? Am I going to be likely waiting months? I guess my only alternative is buying plane tix home for 1 day to accept delivery, but that is going to cost a pretty penny....does anyone have any thoughts?
My thought would be, wait until the last minute before you go on vacation, to place any hold. You might get delivery before you leave (unless you’ve already placed your order on hold).

Not necessarily. It could have been financing fell through & it’s a perfect car. Pretty decent chance of that, I’d guess.

Reactions: mr10012

I'm picking mine up next Monday and build date on it is Oct 28th over a Month ago. I asked 2 people at Tesla and they both said it's not a reject and took awhile due to logistics so we'll see. I'm going to go check it out next Monday and hoping it's all good.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I don't think 3 weeks is a long time to have the car travel across the country to NY. It doesn't get shipped the day it rolls out of the factory, a lot of logistics to truck them or send them by rail, etc... I would check it out and reject if you don't like it.
3 weeks is not a long time for Fremont to NYC. In the past, however, I was notified of the VIN as soon as the car went into production.
Tesla SA was willing to share logistics info, which showed that car got to NYC day before Thanksgiving. Clearly the car was destined for someone else and that is enough time for even 2 people to take a pass.

Not necessarily. It could have been financing fell through & it’s a perfect car. Pretty decent chance of that, I’d guess.
Good point that it could be a financing issue. Lets hope so!

Thank you both for your thoughts!