Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone know what is the expected timeframe to get a VIN re-assigned after the reservation is put on hold. I got an initial VIN assigned to me on Oct 31st. I wasn't ready for delivery as I was waiting to sell my car. I requested a Hold. Later on Nov 10th I requested a hold removal and now it's been 3 weeks and no movement at all.

This is for a 7 Seater, White FSD in NJ if that matters.

did the text say "next 1-2 weeks" or "next several weeks"? I think a lot of people got "next several weeks" but it seems Tesla has different systems that send messages.
1-2 weeks, full text:

“Hi Christopher, great news! We expect your Model X VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review your registration, trade-in, and payment method details in your Tesla Account.

If you need to make any changes to your account, reply here for assistance.

ts.la/account”

The text one week prior was:

“Tesla Update - Hi Christopher, great news! Your Model X (RN115XXXX) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app”

Got the call from the SC today confirming if I am ready for delivery, and that the car should arrive by mid-month.

Exciting after 18 months. Short trip planned for Dec 17, so just not sure which car we will be using at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: phasemargin
Looks like there is newer/bigger rear screens now. Unfortunately didn’t make it to my 23 X we picked up 3 weeks ago 🙁
View attachment 879875

View attachment 879876

Mine has the thick bezel. 370xxx VIN. Oh well, I'll definitely want to upgrade as my kids use that during road trips. I know it's tiny, but the new one looks 50 percent bigger screensize.

Mine has the thick bezel. 370xxx VIN. Oh well, I'll definitely want to upgrade as my kids use that during road trips. I know it's tiny, but the new one looks 50 percent bigger screensize.
This news comes from this story on 11/30 rather than from an owner that got a Model X delivered with the new screen... Hope it is a genuine photo, but who knows how long it will take to make it to actual cars delivered. Probably before the matrix headlights :) . Also we don't know if it is from an S or X.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
This news comes from this story on 11/30 rather than from an owner that got a Model X delivered with the new screen... Hope it is a genuine photo, but who knows how long it will take to make it to actual cars delivered. Probably before the matrix headlights :) . Also we don't know if it is from an S or X.

I think it's from a S. If you go to the S forums seems like they are the ones who have been getting the thinner bezel back screens so far. Haven't seen anyone with an X with the thinner bezel yet.

Looks like there is newer/bigger rear screens now. Unfortunately didn’t make it to my 23 X we picked up 3 weeks ago 🙁
View attachment 879875

View attachment 879876

I swear Tesla likes to punish Model X owners. Always late to the party or never get an invite.

Agreed. My kids love the rear screen in my MS refresh and would benefit from the larger screen. I am surprised Tesla made a hardware change at this stage.

does anyone know what is the expected timeframe to get a VIN re-assigned after the reservation is put on hold. I got an initial VIN assigned to me on Oct 31st. I wasn't ready for delivery as I was waiting to sell my car. I requested a Hold. Later on Nov 10th I requested a hold removal and now it's been 3 weeks and no movement at all.

This is for a 7 Seater, White FSD in NJ if that matters.
I got the VIN in December 2021, and I request it on hold in December 2021, and I got a VIN re-assigned in June 2022.

Just picked up my MXP and it has the new big screen! PF373xxx.
E6D8F177-78EE-4947-968B-3D74C7DAD8E1.jpeg